Online travel agency

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Online travel agency

Post by the-monk » August 1, 2023, 11:21 am

My credit cards, issued by banks back home , NOW require the use of the ONE TIME PASSWORD code (OTP), but they won t send the OTP codes overseas, which kills my ability to use the credit cards for Online transactions. Does anyone know a reputable, trustworthy Online travel agency in Thailand, where i could pay using my Kasikorn bank account?
Thanks for your help . Have a safe pleasant day.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Online travel agency

Post by Whistler » August 1, 2023, 11:34 am

the-monk wrote:
August 1, 2023, 11:21 am
My credit cards, issued by banks back home , NOW require the use of the ONE TIME PASSWORD code (OTP), but they won t send the OTP codes overseas, which kills my ability to use the credit cards for Online transactions. Does anyone know a reputable, trustworthy Online travel agency in Thailand, where i could pay using my Kasikorn bank account?
With most banks, you can request that they turn off OTP.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

bystander

Post by bystander » August 1, 2023, 12:06 pm

Watch this YouTube this might help you
https://youtu.be/yySi5prAsvg?feature=shared

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » August 1, 2023, 6:12 pm

Maybe PayPal?

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 1, 2023, 7:29 pm

Thanks for the answers; so far no luck.
Paypal no longer available in Thailand for FOREIGNERS
Google voice i can t use because i have no cell phone back home.
Google wallet might help, not sure if it is widely used.
Keep searching.
Thanks.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 1, 2023, 9:56 pm

the-monk wrote:
I get around the 2FA needs in two ways (for US banks, if this helps):

1. I have a Skype number for Amex, Chase, Fidelity and the IRS. 2FA works fine for those but the phone number costs like $50 a year in an area code of my choice. Not all banks allow Skype though.
2. I had Wells Fargo Bank send me a RSA dongle which takes care of their 2FA as they specifically did not allow anything but bonafide US mobile numbers or their RSA dongle. NOTE: I had my son ship it to me from the US as Chase would only send it to my address on file which was a private post office box suite number in the US.

I have found some Thai entities of companies will not allow US cards to be used any longer (2FA reasons apparently).

For the travel aspect:
a. Nok Air allows your Thai credit/debit card or Bank transfer.
b. Thai Smile and Thai Airways allow my Chase card transactions or SCB.
c. Booking.com does a pass-thru transaction directly with the travel partners accepts my US PayPal and my Chase Visa or Mastercard depending on the vendor but they send the Booking.com reference codes to a Thai phone number. They also allowed my to use my SCB account to transfer to a Kasikorn Bank account when booking a dinner cruise in BKK and airport car pickup. It's up to the airline/hotel/transport service. So I guess the moral there is it depends on the underlying merchant.
d. Grab will not accept my US cards any longer but will accept my SCB Mastercard debit card
e. AirBNB confirm with a Thai mobile number
f. Qatar Airways allows a Thai phone for verification

Likely the only take away for your case is my Booking.com experience has been fairly positive and will very likely allow transfers from your Kasikorn account for travel in and around Thailand and "may" allow your home country cards but you may need to sort out a local phone number for the 2FA. I never tested the capability of using my Thai bank to pay for tickets abroad however.

I did see this site: https://www.traveloka.com/en-th/flight? ... NtEALw_wcB They look to offer many payment methods. Perhaps another UM member can vouch for them.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 2, 2023, 9:35 am

Good day all. Thanks Mr Potamoi very useful info. Regarding the Booking.com for buying airlines tickets i was wondering if we can select seats while on Booking.com or we need to go to the airline site after completing the Booking.com transaction for seat selection.. I have employed Booking.com for most of my past hotels reservations but never for plane reservation. Booking.com never sent me an OTO code for hotel reservation just confirmation by email and on my phone here in Thailand, are they displaying the OTP code on your phone here in Thailand ?
Again thanks ALL for the help, keep investigating it might help others.
Have a safe pleasant day.

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 2, 2023, 10:10 am

the-monk wrote:
August 2, 2023, 9:35 am
Good day all. Thanks Mr Potamoi very useful info. Regarding the Booking.com for buying airlines tickets i was wondering if we can select seats while on Booking.com or we need to go to the airline site after completing the Booking.com transaction for seat selection.. I have employed Booking.com for most of my past hotels reservations but never for plane reservation. Booking.com never sent me an OTO code for hotel reservation just confirmation by email and on my phone here in Thailand, are they displaying the OTP code on your phone here in Thailand ?
Again thanks ALL for the help, keep investigating it might help others.
Have a safe pleasant day.
I don't use Booking that often for air tickets but if I recall, they pass directly to the airline site for seat assignments. I will check my records later today to see if the text came to my Thai mobile phone or Skype number for payment.
I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 2, 2023, 9:38 pm

When it comes to seat assignments, unless one is in the airlines upper frequent flyer echelons, you don't have much option to choose a seat until the online check-in window opens. That's usually from 48 to 24 hours ahead of departure. A lot of the lowest fare offerings on many premium airlines these days are similar to low-cost carriers in that they only offer seat assignment at check-in.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 2, 2023, 11:14 pm

the-monk wrote:
Hi and not sure where your Bank is located and where you are overseas, but my,

1. Australian Bank sends my OTP to a Middle East phone number, to YY Countries, when I am in either the Middle East and or in Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc, in the last XX Years. ME receiving phone is not on Roaming, but still receives the OTP ,when connected to Wi Fi.
2. Thai Bank sends my OTP to a Thai phone number, to YY Countries, when I am in either the Middle East (at least 4 different Countries) and or when I am in Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia etc). Thai phone is not on Roaming, but still receives the OTP ,when connected to Wi Fi
3. Qatar Bank sends my OTP to a Qatar Phone number and will also send to my Thai Phone Number, when I am in the Middle East and or Asia (Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia etc, in the last XX Years. Qatar phone is not on Roaming, but still receives the OTP. I can even call the Q Bank from overseas and they will transfer my OTP receiving phone number over to another overseas phone number that I nominate, after I answer a few security question. \:D/

Your issue might simply be due to your Banks Policy, as the OTP system of notification for credit card use, has been around for quiet a few years.

Try paying for a flight through Traveloka with your Kasikorn account

https://www.traveloka.com/en-en/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 3, 2023, 9:38 am

Yesterday, I tried to make a flight reservation on TRAVELOKA.
Here are a few notes.
App download and install are very easy.
Using the APP on Android.
Flight search function works well.
After the flight selection page you are presented with a set of PRESELECT options such as insurance etc. and a Total cost displayed at the bottom of the page. The total cost figure does not change even after deselecting options that you don t want. Normally on all my flights I make and pay for my seat selection at booking time, but with TRAVELOKA i never got to the seat selection page, you must sign in with the Airline. However the total cost is adjusted on the payment page, Many payment options available.
I attempted to pay with a credit card from back home, got the OTP code from the bank, I entered it as requested, but the payment FAILED.
I then turned to my Kasikorn account for payment. Confirmation and e tickets quickly sent.
Frustrating experience. Yes I understand this is a particular issue with my banks back home.
Maybe others had similar experiences.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 3, 2023, 12:04 pm

THE SAGA continues. Just got an email from TRAVELOKA saying that my booking was UNSUCCESSFUL.... Yet yesterday they send me my e tickets. TRAVELOKA dies not bother to offer substitutions. TRAVELOKA no more.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 3, 2023, 9:28 pm

the-monk wrote:
August 3, 2023, 12:04 pm
THE SAGA continues. Just got an email from TRAVELOKA saying that my booking was UNSUCCESSFUL.... Yet yesterday they send me my e tickets. TRAVELOKA dies not bother to offer substitutions. TRAVELOKA no more.
Hopefully you checked to make sure your Kasikorn account was not charged.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”