Easy pop shots at OZ labor Govt.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Easy pop shots at OZ labor Govt.

Post by tamada » August 1, 2024, 10:47 am

jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2024, 7:33 pm
Mark this informed prediction.

Dutton will never (god forbid) be PM of Australia.
Whose god?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 1, 2024, 11:55 am

tamada wrote:
August 1, 2024, 10:47 am
jackspratt wrote:
July 31, 2024, 7:33 pm
Mark this informed prediction.

Dutton will never (god forbid) be PM of Australia.
Whose god?
Good point Tam, JS go to the naughty corner.

In multi cultural Australia

God (Christian flavour)
Vishnu
Allah
Jehovah
Buddha
The Rainbow Serpent
Lucifer
Insert your own personal god.....here

In the case of Dutton, only one of these is on his side, hint it starts with L.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 1, 2024, 1:14 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2024, 6:55 pm
Maybe, maybe not. If not I hope you have enough integrity to admit you were wrong. I would certainly do the same if Dutton wins.
YAWN

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 1, 2024, 5:24 pm

Barney wrote:
August 1, 2024, 1:14 pm
Whistler wrote:
July 31, 2024, 6:55 pm
Maybe, maybe not. If not I hope you have enough integrity to admit you were wrong. I would certainly do the same if Dutton wins.
YAWN
I agree, a totally predictable response from you.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » August 13, 2024, 4:42 pm

Without proper screening of Palestinians obtaining visas to travel to Oz, I wonder how many of them are aligned to hamas and bring hatred of Israel to our country. I believe up to 1500-2500 are on their way here. This filthy lying labor Govt. does not any sense of what they are importing, just have to look at the ringmaster of the labor circus.

Keep all refos out until some sort of secure process can be established. Thailand has a better visa system I believe than Australia, what a joke of this Govt.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 13, 2024, 6:03 pm

Sport wrote:
August 13, 2024, 4:42 pm
Without proper screening of Palestinians obtaining visas to travel to Oz, I wonder how many of them are aligned to hamas and bring hatred of Israel to our country. I believe up to 1500-2500 are on their way here. This filthy lying labor Govt. does not any sense of what they are importing, just have to look at the ringmaster of the labor circus.

Keep all refos out until some sort of secure process can be established. Thailand has a better visa system I believe than Australia, what a joke of this Govt.
An opinion or a fact? Please quote your source? Thailand has no immigration policy, zero, Nada. It is slmost impossible for any on this forum to become a thai citizen. You simply cannot compare the two countries.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » August 13, 2024, 6:22 pm

Just watch the news from Oz Whistles, you may be amazed at what you find, go and have a look yourself. How about reading what I said, visas not immigration or Thai citizenship.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 13, 2024, 8:29 pm

Sport wrote:
August 13, 2024, 6:22 pm
Just watch the news from Oz Whistles, you may be amazed at what you find, go and have a look yourself. How about reading what I said, visas not immigration or Thai citizenship.
What news do you recommend, Sport?

Do you have some links?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 14, 2024, 12:55 pm

I managed to find one myself, Sport - and happy to share it with you https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-08-14/ ... /104222320

A few of the salient points which may/should interest you:

- Two thirds of people seeking to flee Gaza to Australia are being refused

- Since the Hamas terror attack on Israel on October 7 last year, 7,111 visa applications have been refused by the federal government.

- Education Minister Jason Clare noted there was currently no way out of Gaza so further arrivals were not currently possible. "There's no-one coming from Gaza at the moment. The Rafah gate is closed, it's just a fact."

Hopefully your recommended news sources will be appearing soon.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » August 14, 2024, 6:35 pm

JS you must delight in cherry picking. Yep 7111 have been denied visas, but 2922 visas have been issued for Palestinians to travel to Oz according to Oz Home Affairs Dept. Did you fail to emit that purposely to mislead readers.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 14, 2024, 7:51 pm

Sport wrote:
August 14, 2024, 6:35 pm
JS you must delight in cherry picking. Yep 7111 have been denied visas, but 2922 visas have been issued for Palestinians to travel to Oz according to Oz Home Affairs Dept. Did you fail to emit that purposely to mislead readers.
Well no, Sport - I included a link (still waiting for yours), and specifically said "a few of the salient points".

I didn't fail to "emit" :-k anything.

What are your recommended news sources again? - don't be shy.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 15, 2024, 5:09 pm

Qantas received 2.7 billion from federal government during COVID to support this industry. Post COVID, Qantas declared a pre tax profit of 2.47B with no attempt to claw back the money by the federal Labor government. Then along comes the NSW Labor state Government which is now revisiting COVID payments to small business declaring that those who received support, fraudulently claimed the amount of $15,000 and now being issued ‘show cause’ letters demanding repayment of the money. It appears the leather clad tail gunner has immense influence inside the halls of power in the Labor Government.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 15, 2024, 5:50 pm

Let's get this straight. The coalition government gave Qantas a huge subsidy during their tenure which was apparently within guidelines. That means a state Labor government is wrong to pursue fraudulent claims lodged during the covid epidemic that did not meet guidelines?

Are you out of your mind?

What is glaringly obvious on every single post you make on this site is

A. If Labor does something, either for real or in your rather fertile imagination, which in itself is impressive. Then Labor are 100% wrong.

But

B. No matter what the coalition does, even if it is 100% illegal, it is wonderful?

As an interesting example. You have made not one single comment on Robo Debt which is without doubt the most evil government program in at least 50 years but not one comment from your goodself. It was a program, where perfectly innocent people who had done nothing wrong, were hounded by the government until they committed suicide for debts that did not exist.

You have all the credibility of a crocodile that claims to be a vegan

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 15, 2024, 6:41 pm

As expected, your usual typical demonising contribution Whistler.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 15, 2024, 6:53 pm

Why are you conflating payments made by a federal LNP government under a completely different program to those made by a NSW LNP state government, Tony?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 15, 2024, 10:24 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 15, 2024, 6:53 pm
Why are you conflating payments made by a federal LNP government under a completely different program to those made by a NSW LNP state government, Tony?
Jack. Because it is that the way he rolls. Last time it was ghost employees with the CFMEU, not a shred of evidence. Before that it was men in nappies in Alice, not a single shred of evidence. Before that he claimed there was no rape of Higgins in parliament. A track record of 10 out of 10 being wrong, not one single statement on this site being true.

Tony lobs in grenades, makes totally 100% unsupported statements then plays no further part in any thread when he is unable to back up one single statement he has made here for Buddha knows how many years.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 16, 2024, 7:24 am

Thanks Jack for the opportunity of responding without demonising. The first link covers micro businesses affected by COVID in NSW which allowed the business owner to meet expenses.
https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/guidelin ... ber%202021.

The second link covers payments made to Qantas to cover business expenses which The CEO of Qantas, Alan Joyce claimed that Qantas was 11 days from bankruptcy.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/qan ... /iwllf4wzn
The question remains, why has NSW Labor state government gone head hunting micro businesses, yet the federal government has given a free pass to Qantas.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 16, 2024, 8:46 am

I guess both grants schemes included fraud and overpayment clawback provisions.

The NSW scheme certainly did, and businesses which are suspected of being ineligible are being audited, and monies recovered as appropriate. This started under the previous NSW conservative government.

Seems perfectly normal to me, and desirable, that any government looks to claim back taxpayer money that has been incorrectly paid out - where there is a legal basis to do so ie not repeating the egregious acts of the conservative federal government under Robodebt.

As far as Qantas is concerned, was it ineligible, and if not so, is there a legal basis to recover the money?

There may, or may not, be a case to do so on equitable grounds - but that would probably also involve an examination of why the grant was made by the federal coalition in the first place.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 16, 2024, 9:39 am

It is not unreasonable to assume that after the Qantas CEO claimed that bankruptcy was only 11 days away before the bail out, most reasonable minded people (myself included) would support the bailout irrespective of which political party held office. I guess this conversation would not be occurring if a caveat had been placed on the 2.7 billion AUD $ with a proportional repayment structured around future profits.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 16, 2024, 10:20 am

trekkertony wrote:
August 16, 2024, 9:39 am
It is not unreasonable to assume that after the Qantas CEO claimed that bankruptcy was only 11 days away before the bail out, most reasonable minded people (myself included) would support the bailout irrespective of which political party held office. I guess this conversation would not be occurring if a caveat had been placed on the 2.7 billion AUD $ with a proportional repayment structured around future profits.
On that basis, why potshots at the labor government when the giveaway was made under terms agreed to by the previous Morrison government? So your potshot was off the mark.

What did you think of Robodebt Tony,

Return to “Australia”