Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by fredwilliams » August 11, 2010, 1:29 pm

A mate of mine from down country is threatening to come up here to show off his latest pride and joy.

He'd like to meet-up with a big motorbike club if there's one here?

Names/contact details, folks?

:D

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by fredwilliams » August 11, 2010, 3:04 pm

Mods, can you move my thread to it's appropriate place in the Sports section, please? Thanks!

User avatar
Prenders88
udonmap.com
Joined: July 7, 2005, 12:51 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Prenders88 » August 11, 2010, 4:24 pm

You friend could join the local chapter of Mad Dogs here in Thailand.

Details here.http://www.mdmc.org/

User avatar
udonthani
udonmap.com
Joined: January 4, 2007, 7:19 pm
Location: Udonthani, 41000 Thailand

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by udonthani » August 11, 2010, 5:09 pm

There are two MC clubs here in Udorn: Eagle Riders and Easy Riders and you can check the hp of www.Big-cycle.com here also.
I am myself running a Honda 6cyl ,1540cc Valkyrie

User avatar
Glyn
udonmap.com
Joined: October 12, 2007, 12:16 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Glyn » August 12, 2010, 8:25 pm

Gotta laugh at your user ID "Udon Thani" how did you come up with that?

Fred is your mate a speed freak? The Eagle-riders go out most Sundays www.eagleriderudon.com but they do take it easy so if your mate's a feet forward type of guy he may enjoy the pace.

Udon Superbikes, mainly nutters on R1s & Hayabusas and they don't like the needle to drop bellow 200kph if they can help it. I tried to stay with a bunch of them heading back from Sakon Nakon, gave up after 10 mins. So that's his choice, but if he's OK with a ride-out with a couple of middle of the road types me and my mate may be up for a thrashing, just give us a date in advance.

User avatar
fredwilliams
udonmap.com
Joined: February 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by fredwilliams » August 13, 2010, 8:25 am

Your post has made me laugh, Glyn.

While my mate is happy to ride at a grannies pace because, as he says, "more people can admire his bike", he also likes to notch up the speed. To the extent that I had to shout at him to stop the last time I went out on the back of his bike with him. NEVER AGAIN!

Disting
New Member
Joined: September 10, 2010, 11:58 am

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Disting » September 18, 2010, 10:00 am

On the subject of big bikes. Anyone from Udon going to the Chiang Mai bike week in December

User avatar
Glyn
udonmap.com
Joined: October 12, 2007, 12:16 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Glyn » September 18, 2010, 11:57 am

I went to the last CMBW but I felt a bit out of sorts, mainly choppers and 80% HD. The drive over was the highlight for me, I've made the trip twice, it's brilliant! Let me know if you're looking for the shortest route. Via Pitsanulok you'll clock up 800k from UT, but my last journey home I managed to shave 160km off the distance (I was megga surprised).

Stevo
udonmap.com
Joined: January 1, 2006, 7:07 am

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Stevo » September 18, 2010, 12:14 pm

Disting wrote:On the subject of big bikes. Anyone from Udon going to the Chiang Mai bike week in December
Yeah, I'll be going.

Disting
New Member
Joined: September 10, 2010, 11:58 am

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Disting » September 18, 2010, 4:07 pm

Right now we have 4 from Buri Ram coming up and overnighting in Pitsanulok on the way up. I hope we get some more before then too. Have driven it in the car before and am looking forward to it on the bike. Especially the section through the national parks. Lovely road and scenery.

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by bumper » September 18, 2010, 5:23 pm

Eagle Riders normally do Chaing Mai and catch another Bike week in Phittslanok I believe. I have already booked our rooms. I'm no sure which route I will take next time. Thought I might try something different this time. I doubt anyone else would be interested going up along that Cambodian border from Sisaket. not short by any means. But, an area that I haven't seen yet. Still several months away so things are subject to change

User avatar
panick
udonmap.com
Joined: February 9, 2006, 1:53 pm
Location: 7 kms out!

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by panick » September 19, 2010, 12:30 am

Prenders88 wrote:You friend could join the local chapter of Mad Dogs here in Thailand.

Details here.http://www.mdmc.org/
Have they got a Chapter up here? .... my sort of club \:D/ ... my suspended 1yr sentance finishes in 3mnths so could be up for prospecting! 8) ;) :D

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by bumper » September 19, 2010, 9:18 am

I don't think so I've seen them at the bike events not much different then anybody else. Go to the Bike events you'll find the right group for you. I don't fit for any group so I ride within primarily Eagle riders simply because they are friends for a very long time. I also ride with other friends and solo. Might try the the Lobos in Nong Khai.

User avatar
Glyn
udonmap.com
Joined: October 12, 2007, 12:16 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Glyn » September 19, 2010, 10:36 am

The drive from Udon to Sisaket Dam is a nightmare, on any map you'd estimate 300km but it's actually 410km of gruelling curves, and not the enjoyable type, you'll find yourself in 1st and 2nd gear for most of the time once you hit the 3 mountain peaks, and it's constant climbing, then riding the breaks again, didn't help with all the weight I was carrying but my wrists have never got so hammered. Sisaket dam is a nice place, but we didn't arrive till dusk and had to pitch the tent in the dark (yes there is a camp-site just below the dam). I would recommend anyone wanting to travel there by bike to give the mountains a miss and do the 50km detour east from Uttaradit.

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by bumper » September 19, 2010, 11:15 am

Outstanding Glen that is exactly what I look for, the toughest thing I've done so far has been Mae Hong Son. For me it's not the destination but the ride. I try not to get in a hurry. I've done Chaing Mai via the short route not that I could explain it. But. it is good ride I've done it via Nan beautiful ride but not short and I've done it the long way.

If you want to get fast it's the short route. You can overnight In Phittsalanuk ( I think) on Friday and catch another bike week on the way up I believe, never have done that. But, the Eagle rider usually do that. Unless things change you can catch another one in Chaing Rai in the same time frame. I'm no really into bike weeks that much I enjoy the ride and catching up with old friends

What was the route you took?

I will try to program the GPS for it.

User avatar
mrbeerlao
udonmap.com
Joined: July 1, 2010, 9:16 pm

Post by mrbeerlao » September 19, 2010, 4:52 pm

Prenders88 wrote:You friend could join the local chapter of Mad Dogs here in Thailand.

Details here.http://www.mdmc.org/
where are the MADDOG MC in udon thani?

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by bumper » September 20, 2010, 6:36 pm

There isn't one in Udon, that I know of.

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

think I will try to make this one looks like fun, I would ride up Saturday and return to Udon Monday

From: Thailand Bikers Forum <goran424@gmail.com>
Subject: New Event Notification: Motorcycle Events
To: rayfisher23@yahoo.com
Date: Monday, September 20, 2010, 2:55 PM

Hello,

Goran has just posted in the Motorcycle Events calendar of Thailand Bikers Forum under the title of Surin Charity Run.

This event is located at http://ghostriders-thailand.com/forum/c ... tinfo&e=64

Here is the event that has just been posted:
***************
1 Stops in Surin, see Surin Map
Starbeams coord.. N14 53.253 E103 29.577
Then Hwy 214 South to Prasat
1 Stop in Prasat
Ryans Resort, on Hwy 24 6 KM North of Hwy 213 Jct. Coord. N14 37.644 E103 28.036
West on Hwy 24 to Prakhon Chai to Hwy 219 turn Right
Stop at Coffee Corner see map
North on Hwy 219 to Buriram
2 Stops See Map
Coffee Connection coord N14 59.457 E103 05.726
Paddy’s Irish Bar
East on hwy 226 to 2208 North to Krasang see map
End at Krasang
BarBeer coord N14 55.511 E103 18.383
They BarBeer will provide the evenings entertainment…….
Total Distance is 148 KM
Lodging information
On the Surin Map and Buriram Map it shows the hotels, on these website will give you hotel information
Ryans Resort has rooms available http://www.ryansresort.com/
For Surin http://www.starbeam-restaurant.com/
For Buriram http://www.buriramexpats.com/
There is also a hotel in Krasang…. 500 baht a night, contact Niang (at barbeer) 0851050355

***************

bumper
udonmap.com
Joined: July 16, 2008, 1:54 pm
Location: London

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by bumper » September 21, 2010, 3:41 pm

Lingkang Night Party
Roi Et, Saturday, November 27th 2010
Open registration at the venue from 17:00 pm onwards.

For more information contact Apple at 089-5770586

Start taking in a few of these and you will meet people you enjoy riding with, shortly there will be one every weekend and sometimes more the one.

You can also find them on Gtriders T.V has a section for it as well

Deacz9
udonmap.com
Joined: October 29, 2009, 4:48 pm

Re: Is there a big motorbike club in Udon?

Post by Deacz9 » September 29, 2010, 6:31 pm

Has anybody got a list of bike shows around Thailand, it seems that alot of Cities (Ok not Udon) have them but would be good to know dates and stuff.

Post Reply

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”