pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Aussies cashing out

Post by pipoz4444 » June 17, 2024, 10:19 pm

tamada wrote:
June 17, 2024, 8:59 am
Vive la revolution!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... e6f4177052
Here is the hypocrisy again, from those who make the laws and those who there to enforce them.

In a recent YouTube News presentation, it was stated that certain businesses and other entities (one referred to was a government entity) were starting to refuse to take cash. In the same clip, the Politian stated that Australian Currency was Legal Tender and that it was against the Law of the Land in Australia for any businesses and or government entity to refuse to accept Cash (I.e. the Australian Currency Notes).

So why does there need to a Campaign for Use of Cash and to protect the right of the Australian Citizen (cash which is legally ours) and how can these Businesses and or Government entities go about breaking the Law, in a land steeped with Laws for just about everything. :-k [-(

To me the answer seems simple: If a Business and or Government entity knowing refuses to accept the Australian Currency as Payment for a services, then a Law should allow someone (Police. Labour Dept or Commerce Dept) to strip that Business of it License and or Fine them and sack a Public Servant who runs a Government Department that refuses to abide by the Law. So where is this Law Enforcement against the Businesses that break the Law. Probably too busy chasing down elderly Australian's who protest against certain those that advocate for the human rights of certain T Organizations. [-( :-k

We live in a Society where people actually do live longer / grow older these days and the Law of the Land does not keep up with their needs. (Pension options included). In some cases our elderly are unable to get a Bank Credit Card or unable to Manage that Credit Card. Whether it is due to age / memory, ill health, other financial reasons and or just because of the Bank Policy, sucks, either way that elderly person is placed at a disadvantage.

Even if that elderly person can get a Debit Card, its not the same as a Credit Card and few especially the elderly want to their Bank Account Details out on-line, thereby potentially allowing some A.. H.le direct access to their Account. Sh..t this happens to us in Thailand??

Australia needs tough laws protect the Elderly and an Ombudsman with enough clout to take on those who disadvantage or prey on the rights of the elderly. I think I will apply for the job, when it gets Gazetted \:D/

pipoz4444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IePXDLzCpqA
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » June 18, 2024, 6:48 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 17, 2024, 10:19 pm
tamada wrote:
June 17, 2024, 8:59 am
Vive la revolution!

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busines ... e6f4177052

Here is the hypocrisy again, from those who make the laws and those who there to enforce them.

In a recent YouTube News presentation, it was stated that certain businesses and other entities (one referred to was a government entity) were starting to refuse to take cash. In the same clip, the Politian stated that Australian Currency was Legal Tender and that it was against the Law of the Land in Australia for any businesses and or government entity to refuse to accept Cash (I.e. the Australian Currency Notes).

So why does there need to a Campaign for Use of Cash and to protect the right of the Australian Citizen (cash which is legally ours) and how can these Businesses and or Government entities go about breaking the Law, in a land steeped with Laws for just about everything. :-k [-(

To me the answer seems simple: If a Business and or Government entity knowing refuses to accept the Australian Currency as Payment for a services, then a Law should allow someone (Police. Labour Dept or Commerce Dept) to strip that Business of it License and or Fine them and sack a Public Servant who runs a Government Department that refuses to abide by the Law. So where is this Law Enforcement against the Businesses that break the Law. Probably too busy chasing down elderly Australian's who protest against certain those that advocate for the human rights of certain T Organizations. [-( :-k

We live in a Society where people actually do live longer / grow older these days and the Law of the Land does not keep up with their needs. (Pension options included). In some cases our elderly are unable to get a Bank Credit Card or unable to Manage that Credit Card. Whether it is due to age / memory, ill health, other financial reasons and or just because of the Bank Policy, sucks, either way that elderly person is placed at a disadvantage.

Even if that elderly person can get a Debit Card, its not the same as a Credit Card and few especially the elderly want to their Bank Account Details out on-line, thereby potentially allowing some A.. H.le direct access to their Account. Sh..t this happens to us in Thailand??

Australia needs tough laws protect the Elderly and an Ombudsman with enough clout to take on those who disadvantage or prey on the rights of the elderly. I think I will apply for the job, when it gets Gazetted \:D/

pipoz4444

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IePXDLzCpqA
Yes, Same in the UK, No Cash = No Tax Evasion.
Tern that Cash into Gold or Kryptonite while you still can.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 18, 2024, 12:59 pm

This would tend to suggest that a Business can refuse to accept cash under certain conditions, one being by merely by displaying a sign on that front door. Not good news for the Cash Campaign.

C Screenshot 2024-06-18 085452.png

https://lawpath.com.au/blog/is-it-legal ... nt-by-cash

Pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 18, 2024, 3:30 pm

Australia needs tough laws protect the Elderly
IMHO the so called elderly (me in my mid 70s) can no longer be used as an anchor to stop the inevitable "cashless society" through out the western world. Australia adopted the credit card "BankCard" and the 1st ATM's "EFTPOS" in 1977. My parents accepted the technology at the time as did most of their friends. They were in their mid 50s at the time. I'm thinking 47 years is enough time for the Australian population to acclimatize to change.

I was the among 1st 1000 people to sign up to the CBA's Telebank in 1985 as a foundation member and still have those 3 original numbers making up a part of my current CBA NetBank account ID. And I'm elderly!!!!
Online Banking (called Home Banking back then) was actually around before the internet. Commonwealth Bank introduced a service called Telebank in 1985. You accessed it with your home computer and a dialup modem via a Telstra (Telecom Australia back then) network called Viatel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syEiQDMEVyE
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 18, 2024, 10:15 pm

Yes, the oldies can either keep up or shut up. It's no longer about them any more, including selecting dinosaur politicians from dinosaur parties fixated on dinosaur preservation.

It's the tern of the young and the guileless to chose the rules that they and their spawn will need to abide by. Someone needs to tell them but.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”