Villa Market

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Villa Market

Post by pienmash » December 2, 2013, 10:27 am

No No No ... TB n Pomps ,,,, i ate the lump of Feta on the way out ,, I DID PAY FOR IT FIRST !!

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by DuiDui » December 2, 2013, 10:40 am

BigBubba wrote:Be careful Alfie. When you venture beyond your own backyard the natives get very restless!
Hmm BB you got me thinking,and thinking again..BUT still i can't understand your post,please explain BB.

Maybe another cup of coffee..will make it easyer to understand..

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by DuiDui » December 2, 2013, 10:43 am

pompui wrote:Hope to moan like others about stock levels in Villa Market next week,no point having empty shelves for Kepplers cider like last time and yet huge stock levels of all the Bruntys ciders next to it :roll: :D

Alfie,any Swedish products you would like me to look out for you at VM :-k Will ask a staff member there :shock: :D
KB if you are still there in the cyberworld will give you an update how many of the sharp cheddar are left :D
And the franchise manager :roll: ,wil ask him what is his rent per month,how does he ever make any profits if not stocking what people want :D What is the rent 150-160k per month :-k ,maybe a 3 year contract in Landmark :-k will be looking for some answers :D 8)

Swedish meatballs are a must at Noks restaurant,sorry if off topic :lol: 8)
I think they pay ruffly 150.000 Bath/month,VM that is..And thanks for asking PP,but nothing needed except moore customers,says my wife..We are all stocked up..Welcome!!

noosard
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by noosard » December 2, 2013, 2:05 pm

DuiDui wrote:
BigBubba wrote:Be careful Alfie. When you venture beyond your own backyard the natives get very restless!
Hmm BB you got me thinking,and thinking again..BUT still i can't understand your post,please explain BB.

Maybe another cup of coffee..will make it easyer to understand..
The natives might get restless when a mad swede's can't operate machinery correctly
sorry mean shopping cart

pompui
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by pompui » December 3, 2013, 11:38 am

Popped in this morning,about 3 car spaces still available at opening time 8)

Some products and pricing for you to chew on 8)

Wein Schwarzwalder schinken 100g 119 baht
KS Seastar smoked salmon spread 175 baht,in a jar but no weight given,looked about 250g
KS Seastar salmon mustard sauce 190 baht,same as above
Oscar Meyer cheese dogs(pack of 10) 259 baht 16oz
Oscar Meyer Turkey franks 199 baht,Wieners 239 baht,same as above.
Grandmas Molasses original unsuphured 175 baht 12oz
Ripieni Tonno 473 baht 280g (peperoncini ripieni con ricotta e cappieri)
YesUcan glutenfree multigrainbreadmix 139 baht 400g
Tiptop english muffins in freezer section 236 baht for 6
Lenders bagels original,about 8 packs,89 baht
Pumpernikel bread 65 baht,6 slices,there was also some bavarian braed same price and slices
Nestle butterfinger bars 49 baht
Athenos Feta cheese,chunk,traditional 219 baht 227g
Kraft Mexican four cheese,grated in pack 175 baht 226g

Extra sharp cheddar,none in California company,had Kraft 169 baht 226g,Cracker barrel 285 baht 250g.

Drink stock front
Plenty of Bruntys all flavours,magners bottles apple and original,3 oaks cider three types.
A few Thatchers rose 500ml bottles,Thatchers gold 500ml bottles,one Thatchers gold can only,no Kepplers.Since I picked up an apple honey flyer from a bar in soi sampan last week,left that under the sole Thatchers gold can so they can get stock in direct. :D 8)
Other beers,plenty of Beerlao dark,Chimay peres Trappistes and a few German bottled beers.

Happy shopping and drinking \:D/

captainahab
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by captainahab » December 4, 2013, 12:03 pm

No No No ... TB n Pomps ,,,, i ate the lump of Feta on the way out ,, I DID PAY FOR IT FIRST !!
Are you sure you are not responsible for this new trend?

http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from- ... t-in-jail/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2013, 6:38 pm

captainahab wrote:

Are you sure you are not responsible for this new trend?

http://pattayatoday.net/news/news-from- ... t-in-jail/

I have been arrested a few times for that excessively large bulge in my pants ... BUT IT AINT CHEESE !!! ..
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 7, 2013, 10:14 am

Greetings all.

I have shopped at the Villa Market in Pattaya and near Nana in BKK. How is the Villa Market in Udon compared to those 2? I live closer to Udon than to either Pattaya (about 7 hours) or BKK (about 5 hours). I have found it's the only place in Thailand that I can get a few things and make a trip there about once every 3 months. But, I prefer to stay away from the tourist areas if at all possible so, thinking that Udon might become a regular place to visit, both to shop and have a little fun at the same time.

Thanks.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by BigBubba » December 7, 2013, 11:45 am

new2thailand wrote:Greetings all.

I have shopped at the Villa Market in Pattaya and near Nana in BKK. How is the Villa Market in Udon compared to those 2? I live closer to Udon than to either Pattaya (about 7 hours) or BKK (about 5 hours). I have found it's the only place in Thailand that I can get a few things and make a trip there about once every 3 months. But, I prefer to stay away from the tourist areas if at all possible so, thinking that Udon might become a regular place to visit, both to shop and have a little fun at the same time.

Thanks.
Go back about 5 pages on this thread (or the beginning if you have a lot of time on your hands) and you'll have a good idea.

The short answer is it's not quite holding up to some of their other locations, but still has it's strengths.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 7, 2013, 3:24 pm

That's the rumor I have heard. It's smaller and not quite stocked as well as the other ones are. I went to the one in Phuket and it's almost like shopping back in the states. If I had not flown, I would have filled a couple baskets with goodies.

redwolf
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by redwolf » December 7, 2013, 10:32 pm

It's a good pitstop to grab some cheap corn tortillas.

And $12 boxes of Lucky Charms cereal. : )

I've found that in Udon, with all things, food, stores, whatever, there's no single go-to spot for everything.

But that's sort of the charm of the place. If you can call it charm per se.

You can go to Tops, Villa, Chern Chim Choice, Tang Ngee Soon, Makro, Big C, Tesco Lotus, each has a little something to keep the meals interesting.

But I have yet to find excellent fish here, as is the case with any inland location. And I think I've seen farm-raised Salmon repackaged as just about everything here.. "Tazmanian Wild Salmon", "Norweigan Salmon", "Siberian Wild Salmon", "Irish Wild Caught Salmon".
AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM | ARCANA IMPERII | ALIS AQUILAE

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 8, 2013, 7:21 am

I have spent the last hour or so reading through all the posts here about VM. My first experience with VM was in Hua Hin and I was floored by the selection of items they had. Everything was well stocked and, if I could not find something, I would ask and the employee would take me tight to it. But, since Hua Hin is a 9 hour drive for me, it was not exactly convenient. I went to the VM on Sukhumvit in BKK and, though not up to the Hua Hin VM, it was still a nice place to shop. However, on a second trip, I found huge empty spaces on the shelves with the "out of stock' tags. I spoke with a friend who lives a couple kms from there and he told me that, when tourist season starts going into high gear, there are raids on certain items by expats and local restauranteurs and they will clean out items. Popular salad dressings seem to be hit the hardest. I had noticed a farang filling a shopping basket with nothing but salad dressing during my visit.

Since moving to Thailand, I did miss a lot of American foodstuffs. But, I can find about 90% of things I need at the Big C, Lotus, Makro or Tops. But, the main things I get at VM have been salad dressing, sausages, cheese and the occasional nice cut of beef. I wish they stocked bread and butter pickles though.

I have been making runs to either Pattaya of BKK every 3-4 months and spend about 10,000 baht each run. I have a large cooler that I fill and bring home along with several bags.

I am looking forward to my first trip to Udon next month. Not just to shop but, to see Udon as well. When I was in the military, I had several friends that were stationed in Udon on the US base there (Rumason Station). Is the FLR9 still there?

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 8, 2013, 4:56 pm

quick question for all you Udon dwellers and VM shoppers. do they have whole turkeys available? I am thinking about getting one for new years day when the family will be visiting. How about a ham (wishful thinking I guess, I am from near the home of the best hams in the world, Smithfield VA).

can anyone who shops there check it out and let me know?

many domos.

fdimike
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by fdimike » December 9, 2013, 8:08 am

yes they have Butterball as of yesterday
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

weedwacker
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by weedwacker » December 9, 2013, 1:16 pm

Makro had lots of butterballs as of this morning

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor

Villa Market

Post by Nick@AUA » December 9, 2013, 5:49 pm

I had a look today and Villa has a good stock of frozen Butterball Turkeys in at the moment. Various sizes between 5 and 10 kilos @199 baht per kilo.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by papaguido » December 9, 2013, 6:03 pm

weedwacker wrote:Makro had lots of butterballs as of this morning
Yes they do, for 175 a kilo. The very same Butterball's as Villa (199bt) and Tops market (250bt).

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 9, 2013, 6:41 pm

thanks I will look at my local Makro this week. Local equals about 1 hour away :-)

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by BigBubba » December 10, 2013, 10:27 pm

Corn meal back in stock, 125b per box. Also had Fritos Scoops.

STILL no Vlassic pickles or Johnsonville Hot Italian Sausage (about FOUR MONTHS NOW).
Every day I wake up is a good day.

new2thailand
udonmap.com

Villa Market

Post by new2thailand » December 12, 2013, 1:16 pm

papaguido wrote:
weedwacker wrote:Makro had lots of butterballs as of this morning
Yes they do, for 175 a kilo. The very same Butterball's as Villa (199bt) and Tops market (250bt).
GOt a turkey yesterday and the closest Makra. 149 THB a kilo. thanks for the great tip!!!!

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”