Big Bikes

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
welshtaffia

Big Bikes

Post by welshtaffia » June 13, 2008, 8:18 pm

Looking at buying a big bike 400 cc or bigger any one knows of any shops in udon thani where i can find bikes
Or shops sellig big bikes

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 13, 2008, 9:59 pm

The Big Bike Shop.

From Tesco go straight toward the airport. Two sets of traffic lights, just past the second set in your left.
Free the Doug 1

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 14, 2008, 7:08 am

depends what sort of bike your looking for, the big bike shop roys on about only sells choppers and touring bikes and in my opinion are very expensive. if its a sports bike, theres a place on the road to the station and night market, guy speaks some english and has some nice kit . ive also noticed another bike shop on the khon kean road past the honda dealers, im going over that way today , ill check it out and let you know.

richardmrclean

Post by richardmrclean » June 14, 2008, 7:43 am

becareful on bike purchase be sure you get book!!! they say its not necessary that a bill of sale will suffice not true!!!!!! bangkok has best selection mr pichai 0818311900 help me very honest and speaks english. you may call me 047883423 richard :lol:

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » June 14, 2008, 9:05 am

Agree with Saint, The Big Bike Shop is not cheap but if your looking for a Hog then its a very good place to go.
Free the Doug 1

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » June 14, 2008, 10:36 am

becareful on bike purchase be sure you get bo
yes, a real book. the bike had to be imported as just that, not as parts. a large bike will get you stopped alot, because BIB know most are not legal and it's and easy pay day. also consider this in case you have beer breath, you may be stopped, bike legal or not, that's not a good thing. most of the big bikes you see here are illegal, some even have plates on them, most of them are bogus. not saying you can't have a legal big bike, but the expense is going to be very high. legal or not, it's an invintation to stop you.

richardmrclean

Post by richardmrclean » June 14, 2008, 7:38 pm

i brought in parts 2 boxes assy in bangkok sent to dot for polltiuon and check paper to match document spent about 4500 us dollars . but bike is legal i did it this way becuase i bilt the bike and new what it was.

bengomez

Re: Big Bikes

Post by bengomez » February 11, 2009, 8:47 pm

Looking at buying a big bike 400 cc or bigger any one knows of any shops in udon thani where i can find bikes
Or shops sellig big bikes
You may try finding some big bikes on your local place.... or try some online big bike marketing...

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » February 11, 2009, 9:44 pm

There are many places to buy Big Bikes in Udon most old bikes and no books or regestration.

You can also look on thaivisa .com Bikes in thailand and the clasified section there are plenty there.

Again it depends on what you want Racer,Cruiser or som american junk.

There is a shop called Tech 21 the owner is khun Kak he can get new bikes ( superbikes no papers but can be arranged because the bikes are new) Try Kenny in G spot bar day and nite he has a honda blackbird and knows were Tech 21 shop is (town center)

You can also buy Yamahas new and imprted all taxes included with regestration from sibsima in Korat they are the main yam dealer for big bikes in issan.

As for the price yes they are expensive to some people and not to others, I have a brand new R6 done 3000 km not been stopped yet by the bib except to check the docs once at a check point. Were the rright gear have your docks and your safe.

Hope this is of some help Go have a beer with kenny if its a sport bike your after.

Rossi 46

watchoutsnakeman
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by watchoutsnakeman » February 11, 2009, 9:54 pm

a large bike will get you stopped alot

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Hmmmmm I've been driving for 5years, around Udon - all way west to burma (and back) around Isaan - NEVER BEEN STOPPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Maybe they think mine isn't big enougf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ofcouse if you drive around without helmet you will get stopped and asked to pay a fine...

DRIVE SAFE.......................... BIG OR SMALL.

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 11, 2009, 11:23 pm

It does seem that as long as you are wearing a helmet and aren't riding like a dick, the police are not interested in targeting foreign riders here.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 12, 2009, 5:48 am

Good job you joined when you did rossi (30 minutes after the question).... perfect timing... =D>
rossi46 wrote:Again it depends on what you want Racer,Cruiser or some american junk.
Yeah those Buells are a bit like that... :lol: whoops don't say that....bengomez likes them, well he must do he got their website attached.

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » February 12, 2009, 10:42 am

Hi Welshtaffia

Here is the i think the best site for info on Big bikes in Thailand, loads of info from guys who have Bikes and not duff info from guys who have nothing to do but sit at home in front of udon forum all day writeing about things they know nothing about..

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Bikes-Thailand

And you are right beermonkey i look at the forum most days but most of the time there is only drible on here, but here is something i have info on and do have a lagit big bike and it was expensive.

:guiness:

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 12, 2009, 12:41 pm

If you're looking to buy, there is only one website in Thailand worth looking at and it ain't Thai Visa.

http://www.mocyc.com/

marshallb66
udonmap.com

Post by marshallb66 » February 12, 2009, 2:12 pm

What is the definition of a “Big Bike” does that mean its weight or physical size or engine capacity?

I presently own 7 bikes I would call medium to big, based on their engine capacity.
From 450cc to 1000cc including an R1 and a 2008 CBR1000RR
I have purchased all these bikes brand new from Bangkok.
All have been imported in parts then reassemble, plus legally licensed at a premium cost.
Think around the 650,000 Baht range.

Red Baron, Motor Zone and other shops in Bangkok can get you what you want. Just order and it will be delivered.
Ducati have a dealer in Bangkok.
BMW also

As I don't ride cruisers and especially Harleys, I can’t comment where they can be purchased.
Rossi46 Please check you PM as I have written to you

Brian Marshall

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 12, 2009, 7:54 pm

Yamaha, Kawaski, BMW, Harley and Triumph are all offering big bikes new with good books.

I have been thinking about the 900 Vulcan 460K new with a book

Yamaha have great sports crusiers, new. There is Kawaki shop here in Udon otherwise yuo probably looking at Bangkok or Chaing Mai.

I think the cops are used to me now never stop me. They did for awhile but I enjoy talking with them, can;t making money chatting with me :lol:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 12, 2009, 7:57 pm

There is a 750 advertised on the front page, I can't get it open at the moment

watchoutsnakeman
udonmap.com

Post by watchoutsnakeman » February 13, 2009, 10:38 am

git wrote:
I have been thinking about the 900 Vulcan 460K new with a book

:
I saw it aswell. Custom / classic is same price.

Else I know a guy how has 2 vulcan for sell, don't know the year but the price was +200.000b

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 13, 2009, 3:21 pm

This time I hanging out for a new one. The 400 is oK for my needs got get my bahts worth out of it [-o<
Maybe by that time Yamaha will bring in the V Star and I will go that route. 900 is nice though

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 14, 2009, 10:31 am

Sorry to go a wee bit off topic, but a neighbour is looking to purchase a second hand bike of 200 to 400 cc.
A Honda Phantom would be the obvious choice, but can anyone tell me where there is a reasonably reliable dealer who has bikes like this in stock? The only place I know of is the little bike shop opposite the train station.

Return to “Travel & Transport”