Big Bikes

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
rossi46
udonmap.com

Re: Big Bikes

Post by rossi46 » February 14, 2009, 12:39 pm

marmite the dog

Thanks for the link to mocyc it looks like a good site problem is its a thai site and thaivisa is info given by farangs who have bikes and looking for bikes. There all your questions are answered by farangs who have faced the problems like doggy book, oh its ok to ride without a plate and regestration.

By the way the latest scam in phuket is the bib are stoping you even if you have all the docs and pulling you for the mods you have done on your bike?

Rossi46

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 14, 2009, 1:46 pm

rossi46 wrote:marmite the dog

Thanks for the link to mocyc it looks like a good site problem is its a thai site
That's what the missus is for! :D

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » February 14, 2009, 5:28 pm

Thats fine but im in Bangladesh at the moment and she is in udon

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 14, 2009, 7:20 pm

rossi46 wrote:Thats fine but im in Bangladesh at the moment and she is in udon
Well, you won't be buying until you return, so you can do it then.

Bangladesh, eh? What did you screw up to get sent there?! :-s

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 14, 2009, 7:46 pm

I thought it was going to be about "BIG" bikes. #-o
Attachments
img_3282(1)[ekm]400x300[ekm].jpg
img_3282(1)[ekm]400x300[ekm].jpg (28.03 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » February 14, 2009, 9:40 pm

Well Marmite you dont read the posts very well because i dont need a bike because i have a brand new R6 green book and reg ( by the way the reg is 46)

As far as Bangladesh its actually Bangla-Dosh loads of it thats why im here beets sitting on a ricefarm somewere out of udon.

Do you acyually get in to Udon because ive never seen that old heap you have around town thats because its allways in the workshop or your hideing it because its got no plate, get the facts right next time eh.

:guiness:

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » February 14, 2009, 10:15 pm

rossi46 wrote:Well Marmite you dont read the posts very well because i dont need a bike because i have a brand new R6 green book and reg ( by the way the reg is 46)
I did read the OP, but have forgotten what it said. Sorry.
rossi46 wrote:As far as Bangladesh its actually Bangla-Dosh loads of it thats why im here beets sitting on a ricefarm somewere out of udon.
Fair enough, but relaxing on a rice farm still has its appeal.
rossi46 wrote:Do you acyually get in to Udon because ive never seen that old heap you have around town thats because its allways in the workshop or your hideing it because its got no plate, get the facts right next time eh.

:guiness:
Yes, I do, but I don't suppose you can see me very well from Bangladesh. It did go in to the workshop the other day for a service though, so that was rather astute and there is no reason to hide from not having a plate, as the police in Isaan don't care about such trivialities.

You can untwist your knickers now if you like.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 15, 2009, 8:59 am

By the way guys I have seen guys on big bikes pay tickets for no tags in Udon 200 baht, Takes a lot of those to make up for the 70K extra for a book on a used bike if it doesn't have one. Problem is that if they choose to they can confiscate the bike. It has happened but not in Udon.

Life is just full choices here.

Me I and the 70K and I have peace of mind. I will try to get a litle extra when I sale it, But I already n know when I do I will have to compete against prices of bikes with no books. Lots of people want the book very few are willing to pay for it.

One advantage I can travel across borders with my bike if I want to, no book you dont get across.

rossi46
udonmap.com

Post by rossi46 » February 15, 2009, 10:05 am

Nice one git same opinion have bike will travel if you want a bike for rideing around the farm then you dont need a big bike or green book buy yourself a tractor.

The days for bikes with no book or reg are numbered, friend of mine had a big bike from a rental company in udon and we were stoped for a document check in nong khai he had no docs only the rental agreement and had to pay the bib.

For sure the bike companys bringing in big bikes will not put up with other companys bringing in grey imports for long and not paying the dutys etc.

Have book and reg and travel around Thailand there are some good roads for bikers and some good clubs again a problem with no book or reg.

Rossi46

git do you live on first home

a true biker

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 15, 2009, 11:02 am

Yep.

Disting

Post by Disting » September 11, 2010, 8:25 am

What is your guys opinion of the big cycle shop in Udon? He has lots of bikes on the web site. Anyone had any dealings with him?

Return to “Travel & Transport”