udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by papaguido » August 8, 2009, 8:55 am

So do you have a yellow book??

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » August 26, 2009, 12:30 am

hi i have a yellow book same as arjay. no trouble. no checks for anyting at all. just passport. i got it in udon within the last 12 months malc

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 26, 2009, 12:41 pm

I have just started the process to get a Yellow Book at the Amphur Office in Ban Dung.

The lady we (or rather Mrs Spratt) spoke to was pleasant enough, and gave my wife a written list of what documents etc would be required. The list seemed to be in accordance with what others have reported on this thread. There was no indication that the Yellow Book would not be given.

The only unusual thing was that the lady we spoke to gave my wife her phone number, and said call before we come back, to make sure she was not "busy" (when we went this morning she was sitting back reading a book). Mrs S suspects this will result in a request for tea money, which I absolutely refuse to pay.

So my question is - has anyone paid an official fee for the issue of the Yellow Book, and if so, how much?

A number of you seem to have paid other "fees".

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 26, 2009, 12:51 pm

I paid approx 1200 Baht ?? in KK some years ago for mine, and got a receipt at the time for it and no requests for facility fees etc...

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » August 26, 2009, 6:40 pm

Lets try and clear this up. The yellow Tabien Bahn is absolutely free, no charge what so ever, But. to get the book you have to have two signatures from some one in higher authority that can swear as to your identity, and your residence address.If you know two such persons it is unlikely you will be charged. If you don;t it is polite to say thank you . So you are not paying for the book but for the guarantors time.I bought a pizza to thank everyone in the office for helping me. Its up to you. :roll:
Incidentally whilst writing. If anyone has applied in Nong Wor Sor recently and you haven''t got your book yet. Don't blame the office, A certain German resident got his book earlier this year and has now set himself up as an expert on the subject, advertising his services for 10k a time with a guarantee of getting one.To date he has submitted over a 100 applications, a nice little earner aye.? This has not only overwhelmed Amphoe but many have been found to contain false information so a tighter than usual security check is being made on all applications.Hence the delay. :evil:
Last edited by trubrit on August 26, 2009, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 26, 2009, 6:44 pm

So why was i given a formal receipt from the Aumphur office in Khon Kaen, im curious now, as backhanders normally mean no documentation etc....

Maybe its that old saying creaping back in again.

TIT

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » August 26, 2009, 7:00 pm

typicall german. greedy bastard. i hope ur reading this. malc.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 26, 2009, 7:08 pm

I got mine about 2 yrs ago here at the local Udon amphor. No fee was paid, no picture given, and my 2 witness weren't of "higher authority", although one is does work for provincial government and the other was my unemployed wife's cousin (actually the gov guy is also a cousin). In the end after all was done my wife discretely offered the official to "buy him lunch" in appreciation for his hard work, but he politely declined saying that he was just doing his job.

Also want to add, policy may differ from location to location no different than Immigration or the dept of land transportation. It's pretty obvious from reading different posters experience.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 26, 2009, 7:20 pm

Different for sure in KK, We didnt need to supply any witnesses at all.

Just my passport, EX Visa , and picked up in approx 1 week from memory.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 26, 2009, 7:51 pm

trubrit wrote:Lets try and clear this up. The yellow Tabien Bahn is absolutely free, no charge what so ever, But. to get the book you have to have two signatures from some one in higher authority that can swear as to your identity, and your residence address.If you know two such persons it is unlikely you will be charged.
Incidentally whilst writing. If anyone has applied in Nong Wor Sor recently and you haven''t got your book yet. Don't blame the office,
WTF cares about Nong Wor Sor, anyway? You can't even find it on a map. Since when did you "elitists" out there start speaking for the entire Udon populace? 3 or 4 of you acting like you have city hall connections.....pathetic. Speak only for yourselves. :lol:

Yellow book at the amphur office in Udon is an easy process, guys. Get your documentation ready and wait it out, period. If you don't like waiting then grease a palm and you will shoot to the front. Thailand was like this 43 years ago and, nope, it hasn't changed.

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » August 27, 2009, 9:04 am

i was at the amphur office yesterday to sort out my yellow book , every thing done in about 40 mins
but the head man from village was busy could not make it untill today . so they took my photo printed it
on paper , my wife , myself and the lady doing the paper work all signed it , he,s going to office 9.30 this morning to sign . job done no cost at all , lady said it,ll take around 14 days but shey,ll call us when ready .

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 27, 2009, 9:33 am

Thanks for all the handy feedback guys.

I will report further if something goes amiss, or a palm is extended, during the application process.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » August 27, 2009, 11:32 pm

martynsnowman wrote:i was at the amphur office yesterday to sort out my yellow book , every thing done in about 40 mins
but the head man from village was busy could not make it untill today . so they took my photo printed it
on paper , my wife , myself and the lady doing the paper work all signed it , he,s going to office 9.30 this morning to sign . job done no cost at all , lady said it,ll take around 14 days but shey,ll call us when ready .
Pretty much exactly how mine went ... without a hitch.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 28, 2009, 3:12 am

Interesting how some people have things go smoothly at the Amphur office while others have difficulty!I wonder if the position of their wife in the community makes a difference? :?

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 28, 2009, 3:24 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Interesting how some people have things go smoothly at the Amphur office while others have difficulty!I wonder if the position of their wife in the community makes a difference? :?
Going a bit further I guess the yellow book provides to some degree acceptance of house ownership but how does it stand if there is a dispute, does the holder of the blue book out trump the yellow book in a court situation? That would certainly show the position of the wife within the community.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » August 28, 2009, 3:28 am

I would think that a Blue Book always out-trumps the Yellow Book. 8)

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 28, 2009, 3:43 am

If that is the case what is the real utility of getting a yellow book? What does it do for you if your always going to be out trumped even though your legal argument may well be correct? :-k

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 28, 2009, 5:38 am

Astana wrote:If that is the case what is the real utility of getting a yellow book? What does it do for you if your always going to be out trumped even though your legal argument may well be correct? :-k
You would have found the answer had you gone back a few pages...

wazza wrote:Its a valuable document and saves heaps of paper work and needless revisits if u need drivers licences , buying a car, renting , marrriage and u need immigration letters .
papaguido wrote:FYI,

The source of the following statement provides it's definition of the Tabien Baan. I also found the paragraph in bold to be of interest.

The Tabien Baan, or House Registration Document, is issued by the municipality. It shows who lives at a property (it is not proof of property ownership). It can be issued to residents of Thailand who:

1. buy a lease hold which is registered at the land office
2. own land through a company or buy a condo

A Tabien Baan is useful - and sometimes required - when applying for services. Either the occupant or landlord's document is accepted.

Applying for a Tabien Baan

A Tabien Baan can be applied for or updated at the local Amphur office (or Khet in Bangkok).

Resident foreigners are entitled to a Tabien Baan; the following are required:

* Passport and valid visa
* Plus:
o condo title with their name on it
o or land lease with their name on it
o or land title with company name on it (in this case all the company documents will be needed)

A Tabien Baan is issued bearing the owner's name, except in the case for foreigners when it may only have the location of the property.

On moving out of a property, the Tabien Baan should be given to the new occupants. Take it to the Amphur or Khet (in Bangkok) where an official will enter that the old occupiers have moved out and add the names of the new occupiers.

Although people may stay on the same Tabien Baan for life, it must be issued by the province in which they are resident if they wish to vote. A new Tabien Baan is always needed by the new owners after buying property.

Source:

http://bangkok.angloinfo.com/countries/ ... enbaan.asp

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 28, 2009, 5:43 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Interesting how some people have things go smoothly at the Amphur office while others have difficulty!I wonder if the position of their wife in the community makes a difference? :?
No I think not. I highly doubt that a hair dresser has much pull in the community.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 28, 2009, 6:51 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Interesting how some people have things go smoothly at the Amphur office while others have difficulty!I wonder if the position of their wife in the community makes a difference? :?.
papaguido wrote:No I think not. I highly doubt that a hair dresser has much pull in the community.
Highly agree with you papaguido, I have found that if we treat the workers, and their bosses, with respect and do not project an image of "I am a Farang so I deserve special treatment". Then, in most cases, we get as good a service as the local Thai population. This observation is based on many years in the orient and is of course just my personal observations and may not be the experience of others.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”