Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by trubrit » August 28, 2009, 7:11 am

polehawk wrote:[

WTF cares about Nong Wor Sor, anyway? You can't even find it on a map. Since when did you "elitists" out there start speaking for the entire Udon populace? 3 or 4 of you acting like you have city hall connections.....pathetic. Speak only for yourselves. :lol:

As it happens, I do,so do many others that live here. Your inability to find it on the map speaks volumes about your navigational abilities. Presumably your ventures into the beautiful countryside that abounds not far from the urban area of Udon are strictly limited. For your enlightenment let me give you some details. It is located on the main road to Nong Bua Lamphoe approximately 26k from Udon on the airport side.It is a reasonably large village, but more than that it has an Amphur status, which in case you are not aware means it is a self governing area of many surrounding villages of varying size. Its total population is equal to Udons and its Farang residents are almost as many , having the second largest concentration in the North East. The Amphur Nong Wor Sor is actually located in the second largest village, Non Wai, which is where I live.
When I ,or others from here write of our experiences with officialdom, we are generally referring to that office not Udon , nor are we purporting to be representative of the entire Udon populace. Yes , possibly, we do consider ourselves to be special, I think elitist may be dependent of your interpretation of the word, not ours. We are special in fact because we feel we are very fortunate to live in such a friendly community where our feelings do matter to the people in charge, and our input is actively encouraged.
I won't degenerate this into the same tone as your reply. Sufficient to say your avatar, of a barking dog, seems , somehow appropriate.

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » August 28, 2009, 8:14 am

trubrit wrote: polehawk said:
''WTF cares about Nong Wor Sor, anyway? You can't even find it on a map. Since when did you "elitists" out there start speaking for the entire Udon populace? 3 or 4 of you acting like you have city hall connections.....pathetic. Speak only for yourselves. :lol: ''

As it happens, I do,so do many others that live here. Your inability to find it on the map speaks volumes about your navigational abilities. Presumably your ventures into the beautiful countryside that abounds not far from the urban area of Udon are strictly limited. For your enlightenment let me give you some details. It is located on the main road to Nong Bua Lamphoe approximately 26k from Udon on the airport side.It is a reasonably large village, but more than that it has an Amphur status, which in case you are not aware means it is a self governing area of many surrounding villages of varying size. Its total population is equal to Udons and its Farang residents are almost as many , having the second largest concentration in the North East. The Amphur Nong Wor Sor is actually located in the second largest village, Non Wai, which is where I live.
When I ,or others from here write of our experiences with officialdom, we are generally referring to that office not Udon , nor are we purporting to be representative of the entire Udon populace. Yes , possibly, we do consider ourselves to be special, I think elitist may be dependent of your interpretation of the word, not ours. We are special in fact because we feel we are very fortunate to live in such a friendly community where our feelings do matter to the people in charge, and our input is actively encouraged.
I won't degenerate this into the same tone as your reply. Sufficient to say your avatar, of a barking dog, seems , somehow appropriate.
:lol: Careful now,with a pitch like that,you might get overrun by falangs moving into you friendly neighborhood :lol:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 28, 2009, 10:55 am

Thanks for the "enlightenment", tb. The truth finally is revealed, it's a village. :lol:

Better take it easy or you might pop a vessel, old fellow. By using "elitist", I was being kind. Under your various guises in the forum (flywithme, valentine, udongirl (?), trubrit, etc.) you have often been labeled by other members as being pompous and a excrement stirrer. Thanks for floating to the top again. :lol:

I'm glad you like the bulldog avatar but, no, you can't have it. Better stick with the picture of your son, a chip off the old block, I'm sure.

My original post was meant as a jocular jab at the denizens of your fine community. If you can't recognize it as such then it's your problem. Cheerio, flywithme/val/udongirl/trubrit or whichever nom de plume you're clinging to these days. :confused:

Back on topic. My sincere thanks to those who shared their experiences in getting a Yellow Book, an invaluable document.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 28, 2009, 1:44 pm

So, if you have a legal dispute with your wife and it goes to court the yellow book being out trumped by the blue book is next to worthless.

Moreover, each of the benefits you describe you have to pay for including the yellow book (a utility bill would suffice in most countries, except more totalitarian ones) consequently I see little utility in having one since your right of abode or more importantly citizenship is denied and your residency is not permanent being for one year at a time, and as no one is allowed full immigrant status even if married to a Thai (a clear breach of UN the charter on immigration and human rights), it would seem to be even more useless than one would first think.

Nevertheless if it provides a some form of a security blanket or a sense of warmth for some folks who am I to get in their way as it is their time and money. ;)

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 28, 2009, 2:05 pm

Astana wrote:So, if you have a legal dispute with your wife and it goes to court the yellow book being out trumped by the blue book is next to worthless.

Moreover, each of the benefits you describe you have to pay for including the yellow book (a utility bill would suffice in most countries, except more totalitarian ones) consequently I see little utility in having one since your right of abode or more importantly citizenship is denied and your residency is not permanent being for one year at a time, and as no one is allowed full immigrant status even if married to a Thai (a clear breach of UN the charter on immigration and human rights), it would seem to be even more useless than one would first think.

Nevertheless if it provides a some form of a security blanket or a sense of warmth for some folks who amI to get in their way as it is their time and money. ;)
I don't know where you're getting that from, the only BM I am aware of paying for the yellow book was/is Wazza, but to each his own.

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 28, 2009, 2:24 pm

PG Your emphasis in bold...

I am indicating that these matters all need paying for as a fee not as tea money, however I'm sure that happens as well.

wynnsiensheng
udonmap.com

Post by wynnsiensheng » August 28, 2009, 2:45 pm

[quote="Astana"]So, if you have a legal dispute with your wife and it goes to court the yellow book being out trumped by the blue book is next to worthless. "

If by legal dispute, you mean marital dispute and/or divorce, my understanding is that the actual name that an asset is held in (the wife or the husband), does not matter. If it was aquired after marriage, it's an ha sip - ha sip split. But that's probably another, broader subject rather than the that of theprocess by which one obtains a yellow book and the administrative advantages it may/may not give.

Yikes! Hope I haven't sparked a torrent of responses on the division of assets in the event of divorce. I simply meant to say that a yellow book is a convenience thing for use in certain circumstances and not a bullet proof legal certification of ownership.

W

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 28, 2009, 5:08 pm

Astana wrote:So, if you have a legal dispute with your wife and it goes to court the yellow book being out trumped by the blue book is next to worthless.

<snip>

Nevertheless if it provides a some form of a security blanket or a sense of warmth for some folks who am I to get in their way as it is their time and money. ;)
I am sure people go to the trouble of obtaining the yellow book for a variety of (to them) very good reasons.

As it is not compulsory to obtain a book, you don't have to bother, thereby saving your time (and possibly money), and you can instead rest in your own security blanket of cynicism. 8)

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » August 28, 2009, 5:23 pm

Thank you or stating the obvious =D>

I don't see anything cynical about looking at a subject from different perspectives, so that one can make an informed decision to whether it is worth it or not. ;)

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » September 25, 2009, 5:17 pm

Hi there fellow members of Udonmap!

Just want to give some info regarding my trip to Nong Saeng and how i got my Yellow Book:

I'm married and was able to get my Yellow Book on the first visit to the local govt office that issues them...total time to get the Yellow Book was approx one hour along with copies of required docs plus some face photos. I was surprised I got it on the first try based on experiences of other Forum members; guess I was just expecting them to ask for some document I didn't have or running up against a govt official who just didn't want to issue it...basically, my experience in getting the Yellow Book was uneventful and the govt officials were professional/very polite during the process.No tea money,no fees. Maybe I got lucky

So i say this:-Thank you very much staff at Nong Saeng office!!

Best regards
//Alfie :D

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 25, 2009, 7:30 pm

DuiDui: "Maybe I got lucky"

Glad to see I'm not the only person who seems to get satisfactory service from the driver's license, city hall, id card, immigration, vehicle registration folks. I had to wait a few days for my yellow book a few years ago, but all in all, a painless process.

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » September 25, 2009, 11:10 pm

Being married is probably a strong factor, possibly the key factor.

Mainer
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigration Office

Post by Mainer » October 8, 2009, 11:10 pm

bumper wrote:Yellow Book, research it.
Bumper, can you explain this yellow book? I am a renter and always have problems getting the paperwork I need when I deal with immigration. In the past I have got copy of landlord's house book and ID card. He is reluctant to give me this, but I have got it through the lady who works for him and collects the rent so far, but she is no longer in his employ. He will not go to immigration with me. He says, "If you don't like it, get out". I been here a lot longer than he has owned the building.

Any ideas on how to get this 'yellow book' you mentioned?

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Immigration Office

Post by Prenders88 » October 8, 2009, 11:31 pm

Mainer, here is the thread discussing Yellow Books.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/y ... t2606.html

Your landlord sounds like a right asshole, he needs to go with to Amphur office with you, to get the Yellow book.
Once you have everything its a very easy process.

I suppose it's easier said than done for you to get out, and find some other accommodation.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 9, 2009, 7:40 am

The above two posts have been moved from the Udon Thani Immigration thread to this one.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 9, 2009, 9:57 am

Mainer,sounds like you might want to move or talk with immigration about what to do if the landlord refiuses to give you residence info for visa purposes!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 9, 2009, 3:35 pm

Sounds like he isnt declaring the rental income for his tax ??? and probably hasnt declared an alien living there .

Thats why he doesnt like to assist.

BarnicaleBob
udonmap.com

Post by BarnicaleBob » December 22, 2009, 6:38 pm

My TGF and I went to apply for a yellow house book for me today. TGF owns the house free and clear and is the only name on her blue book, I had my long term one retirement visa and thought everything was in order. The lady told us that the office was between managers and the new one would not be in until after the first of the year so she would not be able to process my request for a yellow book. She also went on to say that my TGF and I needed to be married before I could be given a yellow book.
All this sounded contrary to what I have learned here. I am thinking that because I live in an area outside of the city and that this lady has not had to deal with too many farangs in the past and just did not know. I plan on waiting until sometime after the first of the year and trying again. Anyone have input on how I should approach matter when I go back after the first of the year?
Thanks,
BB

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 22, 2009, 8:10 pm

BB one approach (and likely successful), would be with one of these in your hand:

Alternatively, you could (politely) insist on that to which you are entitled.

The choice is up to you.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » December 22, 2009, 9:52 pm

"one of these in your hand"

If BB pays for something that he shouldn't have to pay for (if, in fact, he meets the requirements), doesn't that set a precedent for the next guy who goes in?

I know I know I know......when you're speeding and the cops stop you, pass your license with a few red notes. But when people start passing purple notes for yellow books, or fruit baskets or donuts for visa renewals......aren't they endangering those of us who are over here legitimately?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”