Yellow House Books

General Udon Thani topics only!
papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by papaguido » January 14, 2011, 3:15 pm

udproperty wrote:I think the yellow book for foreigner it's good to have but if you want to buy car or motorbike even you have the yellow book you still need to go to immigration for approve address anyway.
Not always true, perhaps it may depend on where you go. A friend of mine recently bought a motobike using his yellow book, proof of residence from immigration wasn't required.

udproperty
udonmap.com

Post by udproperty » January 14, 2011, 4:37 pm

you're right it's really always depend on........... sometime it's drive me crazy :-)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 14, 2011, 9:12 pm

Just bought a new CRV last month and produced the Yellow Book and no other requirements necessary.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 14, 2011, 9:16 pm

Farken'ell wazz - no money required? :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 14, 2011, 10:18 pm

ha ha ha ha,

Made 27000 on the Fx , by delaying the AUD tranfer, thanks very much !, amazing what 1.5 cent climb does for the balance in Thailand

Allen A Hale
udonmap.com

Post by Allen A Hale » January 22, 2011, 10:48 am

What good is a "Yellow Book"? When I extended my O-A Visa this week, the Immigration Police requested to see my Yellow Book. Went home, retrieved it, returned to Immigration Police and got an extension. One man's recent experience.

nbm47
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by nbm47 » May 9, 2011, 2:15 pm

Okay can anyone tell me if the yellow house book can be used as a substitute for a witness in applying for a marriage visa in Udon, as we dont have a "head man" on our estate.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by papaguido » May 9, 2011, 2:34 pm

nbm47 wrote:Okay can anyone tell me if the yellow house book can be used as a substitute for a witness in applying for a marriage visa in Udon, as we dont have a "head man" on our estate.
Doubt it. Last I heard a witness could be a neighbor or someone that is known to you & your wife.

Are the folks at immigration telling you it has to be the village headman?

stargate
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by stargate » May 9, 2011, 8:28 pm

I got my visa as a married man at the airport last year, i had all the required documents and the yellow book. the wife came with me and she also dragged along her mother and brother just in case. immigration did not ask them any questions.from what little i know of the subject it is the single man who must find a thai person to come with him to act as a guarantour that the applicant is a fit person to live in thailand.

nbm47
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by nbm47 » May 11, 2011, 11:06 am

No mention of having to have head man as my guarantor, just read from translated copy (googled) given to my wife by immigration of requirements, which is not always reliable. Can you take any person we know or does it have to be a neighbour?

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by rickfarang » May 11, 2011, 1:43 pm

Do you mean as a witness for the yellow house book?
We took my wife's sister as our witness. She was living with us at the time and was able to confirm that I lived at that address.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by papaguido » May 11, 2011, 1:54 pm

nbm47 wrote:No mention of having to have head man as my guarantor, just read from translated copy (googled) given to my wife by immigration of requirements, which is not always reliable. Can you take any person we know or does it have to be a neighbour?
Someone known to you and your wife that can verify you are living as a married couple (they may have to sign an affidavit).

kopkei
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by kopkei » May 11, 2011, 5:26 pm

the witness needed for making an extension marriage visa , does not have to be the puyai baan ( village headman)
you can take indeed any person who is living in your surroundings, even this year they told us , in my case it also could be my sister in law , who lives next door, ( what they did not accept last year), but i had my neighbour same as last year ;)

nbm47
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by nbm47 » May 13, 2011, 8:46 pm

Many thanks for the info

Baht Man
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Baht Man » May 30, 2011, 12:51 pm

Just for the sake of having one (for a number of reasons) I reciently got a yellow book.
The immigration office supplied me with a sample letter as the local office here in Sang Khom had no idea.
Once they had that in hand they supplied me with a document to take back to immigration.
Immigration supplied me with their form, back to Sang Khom and a yellow book was issued.
Time will tell how much I actually need it.

BTW.... I'm on a OA retirement visa and used my GF's house for the address.

Sateev
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Sateev » May 30, 2011, 1:30 pm

We're still in the process here in Nong Khai. Required translations of our passports, translations of a questionnaire about why we want to live in Nong Khai, and whether we understand the penalties for making false statements, not reporting changes in our household, etc., and some document from Immigration, which they have screwed up. In the process of finger-pointing about who was to blame, they discovered that the tessaban (who issues the Yellow Book) had screwed up, and had to re-issue the letter requesting the Immigration documents. Immigration originally said it would take a week, and we're now going on five...

Meanwhile, while scrutinizing the whole mess (to re-direct blame), one of the more notorious Immigration ladies decided that my O-A visa wasn't in order, and that I needed to apply for a Permit to Stay, which is utter nonsense. Only after intervention by the more senior guy did she relent. She seemed truly disappointed at being unable to make this foolishness fly...even scolded her superior for getting involved.

I wonder, and wonder again, at the state of the bureaucracy here...

tamada
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by tamada » December 5, 2011, 8:47 am

Does the yellow book stay tied to that residential address or to the person named in it?

For example, we are now living in a rented property in Udon and not the house listed in the yellow book I got 3 years ago. Can the address be changed in the yellow book, or is a new one required?

tamada
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by tamada » December 5, 2011, 9:07 am

^ I reckon without reading 15 pages and 5 years of posts, it is possible to get a new yellow book linking me to the rental property. I just need the landlord's time and the relevant docs like his ID and the rental agreement (in my legally married wife's name) and a trip to the Amphur together with witnesses and wife. I would assume that the old yellow book is surrendered and the new one issued in its place.... all things being equal and the Udon Amphur being in a good mood and not too busy.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Prenders88 » December 5, 2011, 11:46 am

When I moved from Mak Khaeng to Nong Bua, I took my Yellow Book to the Nong Bua Tessabaan office, they put a void stamp in the old book gave it back, and issued me with a new one.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Sateev
udonmap.com

Yellow House Books

Post by Sateev » December 5, 2011, 6:22 pm

I, too, need to clarify this.

We are planning to move, and our landlord says he wants the yellow book when we leave. Since it was a major ordeal to get it, and since our names are the ones in it (not his), I'm not sure we should give it back, or keep it and have our new residence added to the book. At the very least, we will go to the tessabaan, and have it stamped void, to prevent any shennanigans by any subsequent possessor (not that our landlord's intentions are anything but honorable).

Since we paid quite a bit for translations, etc., if the book goes with the tenant, we will certainly keep it. If it goes with the property, we will have our names voided.

I just need to know which it is, to a reasonable degree of certainty.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”