Udon Thani FC 2015-season

Sports, Leisure and Adventure for the active minded. (Udon Thani related topics only)
Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » February 8, 2015, 2:42 pm

Well done, Svein. I know just how much time and effort you've put in to gathering all this information and it's a shame Wiki is often chasing you for verification and doesn't 'recognise' the page. The fact you're an Udon fan, want to improve information about your local team and have no reason to post anything inaccurate, doesn't count for much with them.
I do also feel that the real value of what you're doing now will only be felt years in the future, if and when the team is 'big' and the Thai place some value on the history of football here and of its Clubs. They've a long way to go when someone says "I was there, back in ?", "Who scored that goal?", "we've played them before, haven't we"' etc etc.

glegolo

Post by glegolo » February 8, 2015, 9:10 pm

Hi guys!! I am happy to have found this forum. However I am living in Chaiyaphum, and I am desperately trying to find the total schedule for this legue..

I have seen your team Udon Thanis games in the schedule mention gere on this forum, but is there any chance in hell that one of you guys could post the schedule or a link to the schedule for this qhole legue, so I can see the games coming up here in Chaiyaphum!!

Thanks so much... Have it good!
Glegolo

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 9, 2015, 7:49 am

You can find Chaiyaphum`s matches here (in Thai):
http://www.masharechaiyaphumfc.com/home ... B8%992015/

1st match at home to Sisaket United on Feb 14. Nobody has published a full league schedule in English yet.

glegolo

Post by glegolo » February 9, 2015, 10:37 pm

Thank you soo much....

Glegolo

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 12, 2015, 8:43 am

League matches this week:

Saturday February 14:
16:00 Chaiyaphum United vs Sisaket United
16:00 Sakhon Nakhon vs Nong Bua Pitchaya
18:00 Khon Kaen vs Mukdahan City
18:00 Roi Et United vs Nong Khai (Live on SMMTV)

Sunday February 15:
16:00 Nakhon Phanom vs Mahasarakham
17:00 Amnat Poly United vs Ubon Ratchathani
18:00 Khon Kaen United vs Kalasin
18:00 Surin City vs Ubon UMT United
18:00 UDFC vs Loei City (Live on SMMTV)

Martyn
udonmap.com

Post by Martyn » March 1, 2015, 6:03 am

Sven - I've been reading Udon Thani FC info & stats. Impressive reading, lots of stats and figures. Keep up the good work and best of luck to the team in today's game.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 1, 2015, 10:08 am

Results for Udon Thani FC seem to be a bit mixed so far this season.....

Loei City H Cup Lost 1-2
Loei City H League Draw 0-0
Mukdahan A League Won 3-1

Tonight at home in the League to Sisaket,kick off 6pm.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 1, 2015, 12:42 pm

Actually, Udon has played FOUR competitive games so far. You're missing the first cup game away at Nong Khai, which was won 2-1. See Svein's relocated stats on http://udfc.mamutweb.com/default.htm
The two games against Loei were disappointing, particularly the cup game, when Udon didn't play well. The League game Udon should have won, but last season's inability to score surfaced again.
Last week's water polo result on a terrible pitch was more positive, although it was against last season's (and perhaps this season also) whipping boys Mukdahan. A hat trick from the striker signed from Korat, well taken if not spectacular. My personal hope is that he can repeat some of the excellent goalscoring I viewed in a video.
Only my view, but the jury is still out on our foreign signings(usually the strength of Thai teams) but they haven't really wow'd me to date.
Hoping for an impressive performance and result tonight. I'm not sure if Si Saket's 0-4 home defeat last week is a good sign or not.
P.S. How many hours do you spend finding great avatars? :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 1, 2015, 12:50 pm

Sorry for missing the Nong Khai victory !
I always look forward to reading yours and Sveins updates on Udon Thani FC.
I was worried Svein had been arrested in crowd trouble after the Loei defeat in the cup ! :D

Avatars...easy peasy lemon squeezee....just take any picture,crop and resize !

I see the "Messiah" Pardew still working "miracles" at the Palace ! ;)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 1, 2015, 1:19 pm

It would be good if this topic had more contributors. There are quite a few farangs going to games, noticeably the Scandinavian chair section and usually their English is better than mine! =D>
Svein doesn't strike me as a hooligan. But, and I hope he doesn't mind me mentioning, he is headbanging on a hard rock/metal weekend in Bangkok, so perhaps throwing a few bottles or breaking guitars IS his thing? :lol: But he lacks hair to his waist or 'Kill' or 'Death' tattoos, as far as I know. ;)
Pardew's doing fine and certainly a more swashbuckling approach to Pulis. Palace good winners yesterday, although West Ham will be disappointed with their showing.

mackatwijan
udonmap.com

Post by mackatwijan » March 5, 2015, 11:22 am

Hi

I usually look here for UDFC results but lately none have been coming through, so I jumped to the facebook page and found the result of Sunday's game.

I am interested in going to the games and I have just got a job covering the UDFC home games for an internet sport site.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » March 5, 2015, 1:03 pm

Martyn wrote:Sven - I've been reading Udon Thani FC info & stats. Impressive reading, lots of stats and figures. Keep up the good work and best of luck to the team in today's game.
Been busy the last week, so haven`t updated anything lately, but there wil be a lot of info and statistics when I get everything updated. It will take some time to get all seasons + players done, but it will finished before UDFC plays in Division 1... :D

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 5, 2015, 6:12 pm

[quote="mackatwijan"
I am interested in going to the games and I have just got a job covering the UDFC home games for an internet sport site.[/quote]

The team is only 'up the road' at Nong Khai this Saturday (1700 hrs KO). Guaranteed that lots of Udon fans will go.
You may want to join them. We've won there already this season in the Cup and after last week's good win and much improved showing, the hope is we can gather 3 points.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 5, 2015, 6:25 pm

Martyn wrote:Sven - I've been reading Udon Thani FC info & stats. Impressive reading, lots of stats and figures. Keep up the good work and best of luck to the team in today's game.
If I can jump in, Martyn, in case you missed it. Svein was also doing a very comprehensive job on the Club's Wiki page, until Wiki started to erase stuff. See Svein's earlier post of 8 February which explains and gives a new site to where he is gradually moving the information.

mackatwijan
udonmap.com

Post by mackatwijan » March 9, 2015, 1:15 pm

Great win at Nong Khai at the weekend 3-1 with Adriano scoring. Next weekend its first versus second, when Ubon visit Udon Thani. Should be a cracker

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 9, 2015, 3:59 pm

mackatwijan wrote:Great win at Nong Khai at the weekend 3-1 with Adriano scoring. Next weekend its first versus second, when Ubon visit Udon Thani. Should be a cracker
Did you go? Whilst still early days, yes, a bigger test it seems for Udon this coming weekend.
If not a top secret :lol: , what 's the internet sports site you're associated with?

mackatwijan
udonmap.com

Post by mackatwijan » March 17, 2015, 9:37 pm

Udon Thani 2-0 Ubon Mt

Wow What a match. A 60 minute first half and two sendings off.

Udon go up to first place in the league. Great atmosphere at the game but it was marred by too many stoppages in the first half. Two well taken goals but why did Udon have to toil against 9 men.

As for the sendings off, the Ubon goalkeeper ran from his line to almost the half way line in order to Glasgow kiss a Udon player. There was a full 18 minutes stoppage time here until the ref made the decision to send him off but he refused to go. So three boys in brown entered the field and persuaded him to get off.

The second sending off was in about the 55 minute when a Ubon player smashed the ball against a Udon player who had been fouled and was lying on the ground.

All in all an eventful evening and 100 baht well spent in the VIP area.

Roll on next saturday

Maca

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » March 18, 2015, 5:34 am

mackatwijan wrote:Udon Thani 2-0 Ubon Mt

Wow What a match. A 60 minute first half and two sendings off.

All in all an eventful evening and 100 baht well spent in the VIP area.

Roll on next saturday

Maca
Was there free beer in the VIP area? :lol: Did you fall over, or leave early? :-k There were actually FOUR dismissals in the game, Ubon finishing with just seven players and even then, Udon failed to run up the goals total. Certainly an eventful evening and very full, noisy house. Udon has already travelled to Ubon for tonight's(Wednesday's) game again the other Ubon side.
And it's next SUNDAY for the home game against fairly local Nongbua.
Incidentally, the important win was not without cost. Scorer of his first Udon goal Angel Guirado looks to be out of action for several weeks with a damaged knee. Udon is also currently without another foreign player Souleymane, also missing for several games.
I hope your internet sports site report was comprehensive and accurate, Mackatwijan. Over the years, some reports have differed greatly from the game I viewed, that I wondered if the reporter was even there! :lol:

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » March 18, 2015, 11:00 am

Brian Davis wrote: I hope your internet sports site report was comprehensive and accurate, Mackatwijan. Over the years, some reports have differed greatly from the game I viewed, that I wondered if the reporter was even there! :lol:
Better than the one above, you mean? :D
How can someone report from a game and miss 2 sending offs? :shock: :? Or maybe he just made his report here short...

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » March 19, 2015, 8:11 am

UDFC dropped to 4th place yesterday after a 1-1 draw with Ubon Ratchathani. Behshad Yavarzadeh (31) scored for the 3rd match in a row. That hasn`t happened for at least 2 seasons, as nobody managed to do that last year.

Next match is on Sunday, at home to Nong Bua Pitchaya. The match will be shown live on SMMTV, so expect kick-off to be delayed to around 18.30. :D

Return to “Sports, Leisure and Adventure in Udon Thani”