MY house build to begin.

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » July 31, 2015, 8:10 am

coxo wrote:Noosard is dead right, make a gypsum bulk head and delete the void above your o'head cabinets.
Yeah thanks Coxo , Got my thinking cap on and seriously thinking now. I can get the Gyproc guy to have a look. He has a lot of Gyproc to install. My cupboards an not extensive above the benches, so should not be a problem. He will be putting in the angled wall section for the range hood which you can see on the model shot.
Not being a builder will always take on advice.

Thanks

harry68
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by harry68 » July 31, 2015, 8:42 am

Barney
were did you purchase you thermotech roof ?

Cheers

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » July 31, 2015, 10:43 am

harry68 wrote:Barney
were did you purchase you thermotech roof ?

Cheers
Harry I just sent a PM to you. To explain who to contact.

fatbob
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by fatbob » August 2, 2015, 4:37 pm

Barney regarding the thread of the safe theft in Udon you are at the perfect timing with your build to create a small secret void somewhere in your house to hide whatever.

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 2, 2015, 6:12 pm

coxo wrote:Barney regarding the thread of the safe theft in Udon you are at the perfect timing with your build to create a small secret void somewhere in your house to hide whatever.

Once I finish the fencing I will have a perfect place, in the same kennel as one of monkeyman's next litter. :D
If any one unknown jumps the fence good luck. There are also 2 Bankeow's to take up the slack. :-"
I don't have cash just some papers. But I cant reveal here where the safe will be. [-X :lol:

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 3, 2015, 6:53 am

Roof truss installation has begun. Rain affecting progress a little. To dangerous up at heights when wet.
Attachments
IMG_1820.JPG
IMG_1819.JPG
IMG_1818.JPG
IMG_1817.JPG

grievous
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by grievous » August 3, 2015, 8:28 am

House is looking the goods mate.
When are you back in Udon for a bit of Pink Floyd at the local pub?

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 3, 2015, 8:50 am

grievous wrote:House is looking the goods mate.
When are you back in Udon for a bit of Pink Floyd at the local pub?

Thanks Grievous
Unfortunately it will be some time till I'm back, have been stuffed around for visas into china and have to return to Aussie for the final Z visa. It is then, that I start my R&R roster timetable. Still on a business visa.
So I'll fly the 2 girls at home to come visit me. I think school holiday are October.
She is keeping things moving and sends me the photos.
Once the roof sheeting is on I'll give her a rest from the stress. :lol:

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 11, 2015, 9:22 am

Stardate 10082015

Well the wall frames and roof trusses are now 100%.
Just waiting on the delivery of the bluescope thermotec roof sheets, surfmist is the colour. Shoulde be here end of week and then another 5 days to place. Then the fun can begin with the internal fitout.
No injuries so far especially the working at heights. One photo does show one guy who has taken time off from the local circus acrobatic team. The flying somchai's I think are their name.

Any body thinking of building a steel frame house is more than welcome to drop by and take a look to get a feel for what it looks like.
All of the Thais passing including postman, water bill and elect man and neighbours ask the wife where are all the columns. None of them had seen a house without the usual concrete columns to hold the walls and roof up.. They cant believe there was a flat concrete deck and then in 2 weeks just the steel frame.
Attachments
IMG_1927.JPG
Side to front verandah and front door
IMG_1921.JPG
Back view over pool, there is another 2 meter extension deck to the right adjoining the pool that's not installed as yet
IMG_1923.JPG
over pool and back deck to bedrooms on left and kitchen on right
IMG_1924.JPG
Front with double door opening
IMG_1034.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG

wazza
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by wazza » August 12, 2015, 4:59 am

Barney

I presume the PTW is signed off daily , LOTO also ??

You have more movement that QATAR has and less fatalities.

Hows the budget and ETO ( Estimated Date of Occupancy )

old timer
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by old timer » August 12, 2015, 11:56 am

wazza wrote:Barney
I presume the PTW is signed off daily , LOTO also ??
No need, nothing energized except tools and the Chinese trapeze artist.

OT...................... \:D/

maaka
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by maaka » August 13, 2015, 6:29 am

green framing..what next Digger, gold colored roof....

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 13, 2015, 8:55 am

maaka wrote:green framing..what next Digger, gold colored roof....

Maaka, to quote a famous philosopher "Kermit"....It's not easy being green.

It is a protective layer for corrosion.

Roof will be whitish and perhaps by the time the local Monk finishes it may have some gold on it??? :D

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 24, 2015, 2:17 pm

Need some advice for ceiling and wall insulation bats from those who have gone through the process of choosing?

Which type, rating, brand name?
Where to get quotes.
I am not in town and just want to push my girl in a direction so she can get pricing on a quality product?

Thanks in advance

parrot
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by parrot » August 24, 2015, 10:35 pm

I've used ceiling bats........in 2008ish and in a bungalow in 2014. All the home improvement stores carry insulation now.......but be wary of some significant differences in quality. Seems youi can buy the same thickness batt for 1/3 or so of the price.....but then find out the foil covering is so thin it tears easily. It's probably a good case of you get what you pay for.
Be sure the install team seals any fitting cuts, along with any tears made during installation.

Varmints (rats/large lizards) can tear up insulation.......so the better you control them at the ground level, the less likely you'll have problems with your insulation.

For us, insulation made all the difference in the world. You'll still use AC, but much less of it than without insulation!

wazza
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by wazza » August 25, 2015, 7:42 am

Barney

PM me with your email address

I have a mate who is a QC and typical, he has the spreadsheet already done for what your asking for

Sadly he embedded it into his email and copy paste wont work on here.

R Ratings, Costs etc...

fatbob
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by fatbob » August 25, 2015, 4:05 pm

The higher the R rating the better the thermal quality. It depends how much you are willing to spend, all the big hardwares stock it and I bet there will be no price difference. I used insulation glued to the roof metal sheets and above the gypsum ceilings, off cuts and scraps were put in the living area ceiling to double up, the house is cool, now the tree's have to grow as shade is the best. As you have framed walls I guess you will be filling all the external walls, I would do the internal wet area walls to keep the noise down to, you know what these Thai lady's are like after to much 'som tum'.

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 25, 2015, 7:02 pm

coxo wrote:The higher the R rating the better the thermal quality. It depends how much you are willing to spend, all the big hardwares stock it and I bet there will be no price difference. I used insulation glued to the roof metal sheets and above the gypsum ceilings, off cuts and scraps were put in the living area ceiling to double up, the house is cool, now the tree's have to grow as shade is the best. As you have framed walls I guess you will be filling all the external walls, I would do the internal wet area walls to keep the noise down to, you know what these Thai lady's are like after to much 'som tum'.
Classic coxo, you have it in one with the som tam. And the facial expressions aswell hahahaha

I'm going to have the ceiling out the the roof exterior and all external walls insulated, but not internal.
Just looking for the quality product.
As I say I am not home and in china at the moment ( well actually I am in Sydney waiting for a visa) and just need to push the girl in the right direction.

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 31, 2015, 9:45 am

Have chosen a insulation bat. Thanks to all for posts and private messages. 1 guy came up trumps on what was exactly needed. Saved me and my girl a lot of leg work. Do Home came up with a good deal on R value and price package to suit. Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_2286.JPG

Barney
udonmap.com

MY house build to begin.

Post by Barney » August 31, 2015, 10:02 am

To add to the insulation value of the roof and wall surfaces my Bluescope Thermotech roofing sheets arrived yesterday. This is the recent new technology and is stated to reduce heat by 30%, way above anything else on the market. So add insulation batts on the ceiling and hopefully it will be quite cool.
Installation of the roof should start this week.
All sheet pieces have been factory cut to length as per my Bluescope engineering design and model. It should just fall into place like the wall and roof trusses. :-"
Photos of roof sheets attached.
Attachments
IMG_2281.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG

Return to “House & Land”