change of attitude

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

change of attitude

Post by stattointhailand » June 29, 2023, 6:20 am

I was working on my family tree yesterday and had a relative in the early part of 20th Cent who had 13 kids (12 survived to adulthood) and it got me wondering when attitudes changed from we needs loads of kids to look after us in our old age to we would like kids but can only afford to raise one at most.
I suspect that in UK it was probably around the 1948/early 1950's when NHS/NI & pensions were made available to the masses.

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: change of attitude

Post by tamada » June 29, 2023, 6:48 am

The two World Wars saw loads of the "surplus" progeny killed on front lines. Maybe this triggered a 'why bother?' mind set?

My father, born between the wars in Nairn, was the oldest of three siblings whereas my mother, born less than 30 miles distant from her future husband, was in the middle of a brood of fifteen. My maternal grandfather blamed this on the fact that television hadn't reached the Black Isle until 1957 when the Rosemarkie transmitter was built.

To add context, my sister and I were born in the two years immediately preceding the advent of local television broadcasting thus giving my parents something else to do on those cold, dark evenings.

The NHS is overrated.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 29, 2023, 8:44 am

tamada wrote:
June 29, 2023, 6:48 am
The two World Wars saw loads of the "surplus" progeny killed on front lines. Maybe this triggered a 'why bother?' mind set?

My father, born between the wars in Nairn, was the oldest of three siblings whereas my mother, born less than 30 miles distant from her future husband, was in the middle of a brood of fifteen. My maternal grandfather blamed this on the fact that television hadn't reached the Black Isle until 1957 when the Rosemarkie transmitter was built.

To add context, my sister and I were born in the two years immediately preceding the advent of local television broadcasting thus giving my parents something else to do on those cold, dark evenings.

The NHS is overrated.
The pill and people ignoring the Catholic Church to begat lots of kids changed attitudes in Canada. I think Islamic families still like to have around four children.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 29, 2023, 9:02 am

"Globally, the average Muslim lives in the biggest household (6.4 people), followed by the average Hindu (5.7), Christian (4.5), Buddhist (3.9), “none” (3.7) and Jew (3.7). Religious groups also vary in the types of households they are most likely to occupy: Hindus, Buddhists and the religiously unaffiliated most often reside in extended families, while Muslims, Christians and Jews have larger shares in two-parent homes."

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 3, 2023, 12:31 pm

The Bank of England has upgraded its policy on pregnancy and now declared that a person of any gender can become pregnant:

'Andrew Bailey’s under-pressure central bank, which is battling to bring inflation under control, also offers to help staff to pay for gender reassignment treatment using private medical insurance.... in June 2021 the Bank had introduced a “family leave” policy that included the phrase “birthing parent” to mean mother. The Bank’s parental bereavement leave policy “talks about parents without specifying gender”, its application said.

It emphasised that the term meant “the parent who is/was pregnant with the child but includes persons of any and all gender identities”. Each Bank employee, of whom there are 4,000 in the UK, was expected to have a diversity and inclusion objective for each calendar year and all would be assessed on it, the submission stated.'

This is indeed a change of attitude by the Bank.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/peop ... -kv60dpdrr

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 1:19 pm

Not only is the..Bank financially flawed, it also..lacks moral fibre. Only women can give birth ,and to gainsay that fact , some top officiaks need mental councelling.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 3, 2023, 2:26 pm

Dm is a keen historian and my studies show that from when time began when Adam enticed Eve with an apple , a can of Tetleys a hot dog and slipped her a length in the garden of Eden there have only ever been TWO genders... nowt has changed except in the warped minds of those wishing to change the course of history... this more recently has been made easier by the onset of woke loveys and there wacko agenda.

I put it to you all that god created mankind with a pretty standard and set formula MAN AND WOMAN .. (and SUFC)

Two humans of the same sex cannot reproduce
A man has a penis drinks beer,goes down the pub , to the football and produces one crucial ingredient ... semen
A woman cleans the house cooks and has the other necessary openings and eggy ingredient requirement for reproduction

Attitudes can change but history and more so biological facts cannot.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 3, 2023, 2:31 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 3, 2023, 12:31 pm
... Each Bank employee, of whom there are 4,000 in the UK, was expected to have a diversity and inclusion objective for each calendar year and all would be assessed on it, the submission stated.'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/peop ... -kv60dpdrr
Will identifying as a traffic roundabout mean a positive assessment?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 3:09 pm

Perverts seem to be gainining the upper hand.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 3, 2023, 3:47 pm

In years gone by same sex marriages were never even contemplated, as time passed they were tolerated but generally frowned upon ..move on to today and its quite normal and its quite possible to marry a traffic cone if so desired ..so indeed attitudes can and do change.
With regard to gender however the argument is put surely its sheer folly to suggest there are more than two genders.. men n women were made differently and reproduction can only be achieved thus... a man cannot give birth and breast feed its a simple biological fact ..

DM was breast fed once .. it wasnt like you put in yer tea and i recall it tasted so horrible i paid my bill and left the bar immediately.

DM

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 4:00 pm

Homosexuality was once deemed illegal, then accepted
not sure when it becomes compulsory.
The Trans are now the new (boys).. on the block.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 3, 2023, 4:18 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 3, 2023, 2:26 pm
Dm is a keen historian and my studies show that from when time began when Adam enticed Eve with an apple , a can of Tetleys a hot dog and slipped her a length in the garden of Eden there have only ever been TWO genders... nowt has changed except in the warped minds of those wishing to change the course of history... this more recently has been made easier by the onset of woke loveys and there wacko agenda.

I put it to you all that god created mankind with a pretty standard and set formula MAN AND WOMAN .. (and SUFC)

A man has a penis drinks beer,goes down the pub , to the football and produces one crucial ingredient ... semen
A woman cleans the house cooks and has the other necessary openings and eggy ingredient requirement for reproduction

DM
Follow the science makes sense. It does not matter if you are non-binary, transexual, gay, a tom/dee or whatever, you were born male or female and that is your gender. Act, dress and live with whoever loves you, but you were born either a male or a female. I had lunch yesterday with a transexual and his husband. The transexual explained that a ladyboy is the best way to describe him: 'I was born a man but I live my life acting and dressing like a woman. My identity card indicates I am a man, which is true.' He's slightly over 50.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 3, 2023, 4:27 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 3, 2023, 4:18 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 3, 2023, 2:26 pm

DM
Follow the science makes sense. It does not matter if you are non-binary, transexual, gay, a tom/dee or whatever, you were born male or female and that is your gender. Act, dress and live with whoever loves you, but you were born either a male or a female. I had lunch yesterday with a transexual and his husband. The transexual explained that a ladyboy is the best way to describe him: 'I was born a man but I live my life acting and dressing like a woman. My identity card indicates I am a man, which is true.' He's slightly over 50.
LYM .. an accurate assessment =D> i have a few lady boy friends in Bkk and they all pretty much concur , born male but act n dress like a female their choice and i have no problem with that ... my issue is with these fruitcakes who wish to identify as things and also the case of the fella who raped a woman then said was trans so was put in a womans prison .. now that is totally wrong.

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » July 3, 2023, 4:42 pm

on a similar subject , i see the LTA Lawn Tennis Association are changing attitudes and this year players can wear coloured attire as opposed to all white in previous years ..also players do not have to wear bras , im assuming thats the FEMALE players .. i may watch Wimbledon this year but its tinged with sadness ........as Serena Williams retired before the braless era commences.

I wish to come out and identify as a faucet in the female locker room

DM

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 4:44 pm

Peoples life choices are personal matters and no discrimination is acceptable.
What is happening imo is that we are being forced to accept views which are alien to NORMAL society with the threat of cancel culture and this week personal bank closures.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 3, 2023, 5:49 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
July 3, 2023, 4:42 pm

I wish to come out and identify as a faucet in the female locker room

DM
The image of you as a leaky faucet is not a compelling one by any stretch of the imagination.

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 6:15 pm

DM , you have been out of UK too long
Its a " tap"
Why use 6 letters when 3 letters drscribes it perfectly

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 3, 2023, 6:35 pm

I heard DM used to drink at a ladyboy bar called the 'Faucet Inn'.....

joudon66
udonmap.com

Post by joudon66 » July 3, 2023, 6:43 pm

Very good 555555 cannot sink much lower, might start to drain the leaking.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 4, 2023, 7:35 am

The current arguments raging about gender ideology I treat the same way as religion, I do not care what you think you are or even what faith you subscribe to but do not in any way attempt to make me hange my mind about either of those subjects

Scientifically, there are two sexes, male and Female, the female has the necessary to carry babies . You can call yourself what the hell you like . But do not expect me to even talk to you especially if you spout utter garbage.

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”