CARS FOR SALE

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
jackson
udonmap.com

CARS FOR SALE

Post by jackson » September 8, 2024, 6:53 pm

A
CARS FOR SALE
GENERAL ENQUIREY Not sure where to post this .
There is a car dealer in Udon that sells very cheap cars . His cars are listed as "Being off pawn" They are very reasoably priced . I don't understand what he means . From what i gather or think mabe he gets them from being reposessed and then he becomes the owner and resells them. I actually belive he's legit but am a a bit carefull these days
He is on facebook "cars for sale" and his name or title is "WAWA" .If you find his site and profile he has quite a few reviews and pic of cars for sale. .
If anyone does or can know about his business Id appreciate some help / advice as I ldont live in udon these days
Thanks in advace

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: CARS FOR SALE

Post by tamada » September 9, 2024, 5:13 am

Last year's thread on this subject.

viewtopic.php?f=116&t=55169&p=684186#p684186
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » September 10, 2024, 12:40 pm

Re car.LET IT BE KNOWN THE CEAP CAR ADVERT IS A SCAM .... He askes for a deposit and he will deliver . I can promise he is a scammer. I wonered why he preferes to "deliver" and not visit him in person

Dont go near him .

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 12, 2024, 11:06 am

jackson wrote:
September 10, 2024, 12:40 pm
Re car.LET IT BE KNOWN THE CEAP CAR ADVERT IS A SCAM .... He askes for a deposit and he will deliver . I can promise he is a scammer. I wonered why he preferes to "deliver" and not visit him in person

Dont go near him .
When you order a new car from a dealership, they also ask for a deposit. This is to deter the less ardent 'window shoppers'. They don't want to hold on to any car any longer than it takes to complete the sale. I imagine this FB seller has plenty 'window shoppers' due to the low prices being advertised.

The FB seller probably doesn't have a tent or garage full of cars for you to look at, hence the deposit and deliver option. If he's bringing the car you are interested in to your location, what's the big deal?

If you made a deposit, and he failed to "deliver" a vehicle, then yes, that would be a scam. However, if the unorthodox sales method is what you're basing your accusation on, I wouldn't be too keen in using the word scam. Not with Thailand's defamation laws.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » September 12, 2024, 10:10 pm

There is a guy who lives in Sittarom development on the ring road near Thai Watsadu who sells second hand cars on FB marketplace. He has been doing this for about last 4 or 5 years and seems to have a decent reputation (from what I can tell).
I only noticed him as he takes all the pictures of the cars near my home and he popped up on my FB at some point.

Will post a link next time it pops up!

In days gone bye there seemed a to a lot more cars for Sale on here (Udon Map). I actually bought a Mitsu Triton from an American chap and it turned out to be a great deal. Full service history, well maintained, no previous damage, and he had it for a realistic price for it's age and mileage.
I do notice the tendency for some to ask new car prices for old and not necessarily well maintained vehicles.

Always liked the idea of selling a few second hand cars if I ever make it to retirement (well my wife to sell, work visa blah, blah, shuffle, shuffle)

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » September 13, 2024, 8:49 am

RE CARS FOR SALE
Tha particular person I was refering to is definetly a scammer and I have no hesitation of printing the name of the person I
foolishly sent the deposit to and the bank ito which I foolishly sent it to . The persons name on the bank account is
KANYALAK SOPA AND THE BANNK WAS" AYUDHAYA" My bank teller said it is a ladies name Acc no 0219228939
I correspondes on line with this person for several days oj his/her facebook site indicared they were is Issan and the map circle showed Udonthani As I live much fruther south I said Id fly up to take a look he convinced me to send a small deposit and he would deliver which amounted to the return airfare . This person said she/ he would send their id once the deposit was it their bank which he/she did , At first glance it looked like a genuine one but on closer inspection is was a fruad.This person kept me informed (Supposedly) of their trip progess and at about 6 hrs at (suppoedly) Bkk the said theyd continue in the morning which made sense to me . However from that piont on my messager was unable to send and that was the end of that.
The car site has been removed fom facebook cars for sale Foutuneatly the loss is insigninificant , so at my good olg age I was still able to learn something
Its the sort of scam that couls be yoir next door neighbor and youd never know The car mentioned is a 2017Mazda 3 for Bht 43000 and was "OFF PAWN " AND NOW HAD ALL THE NECCESSARY PZPERWOR T9 SELL LEGALY

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 13, 2024, 10:27 am

Sobering tale and indeed nefarious activity. Caveat emptor applies and if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Thanks for posting your experience. Best leave these people to prey on their own kind.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » September 13, 2024, 12:23 pm

Cars for sale .
tamada, Yep! you are so right. Lesson well learnt!! Even now I have to smile at myself

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”