U.S. Politics

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. Politics

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 7:21 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 7:10 am
One big difference is that in the Obama and Biden administrations, as in nearly all other administrations, both Democratic and Republican, major policy decisions were reached based on debates of different ideas rather than on the President's uninformed whims.
This is all happy talk.

Debates? Not in the House or the Senate. Legislation is crafted behind closed doors in the dark of night and in thousands of pages that members never have time to read -- and then have to vote the next day. And no amendments allowed to be added and nothing allowed to be red-lined.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 27, 2024, 7:34 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 7:06 am

All of the backstabbers who undermined the Trump Administration is not anything on which to hang your hat. Leftists love 'em when they're betraying their CiC and their country; but hate them when they are doing the job they swore an oath to do.
How about the other 77 here viewtopic.php?f=137&t=55673&p=693671#p693671 ?

In Cultland, all of them are wrong, and only Trump is right.

What is the 1 common thread that turned them all off Trump?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2024, 7:48 am

Ummm, not the CIC, the BIC
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 8:01 am

The absolute greatest thing about the lists created by Leftists is that the 14 and the 77 backstabbers and the 51 Intelligence Officials who lied about Hunter's laptop -- is that they don't come close to outnumbering the millions of Trump voters.

And thankfully, only a handful of the Leftists here in this echo chamber have a vote. :lol: :lol: :lol: They just hate Trump no matter what; and that's okay. Freedom of speech.

Getting back to these "debates" over policy . . . Only the intellectually dishonest can say that "debates" over policy really happen.

pelosi passed.jpg
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 27, 2024, 8:05 am

Picture of Pelosi is 7 years old
So with the false Media, who knows

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 27, 2024, 8:14 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 7:21 am
Debates? Not in the House or the Senate. Legislation is crafted behind closed doors in the dark of night . . . .
I see that you've never worked in Congress. I have, and you're simply incorrect about the legislative process.

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 7:21 am
. . . and in thousands of pages that members never have time to read -- and then have to vote the next day. And no amendments allowed to be added and nothing allowed to be red-lined.
Legislation doesn't just suddenly appear with thousands of pages. Bills that are that long take months to craft. If Members choose not to read them, that's their choice, but it has nothing to do with the integrity of the process.

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:01 am
The absolute greatest thing about the lists created by Leftists is that the 14 and the 77 backstabbers and the 51 Intelligence Officials who lied about Hunter's laptop -- is that they don't come close to outnumbering the millions of Trump voters . . .
. . . who, themselves, were outnumbered by the 7 million more Biden voters.

Declan MacPherson wrote:
And thankfully, only a handful of the Leftists here in this echo chamber have a vote.
Why thankfully? We can vote for anyone we want, for any reason we want. Are you suggesting that people who disagree with you shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Declan MacPherson wrote:
Getting back to these "debates" over policy . . . Only the intellectually dishonest can say that "debates" over policy really happen.
Based, I presume, on your extensive experience in the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. government.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 8:35 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:14 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
And thankfully, only a handful of the Leftists here in this echo chamber have a vote.
Why thankfully? We can vote for anyone we want, for any reason we want. Are you suggesting that people who disagree with you shouldn't be allowed to vote?
You're reading things that aren't there and making sh*t up. You're an intelligent man. Do better -- and always do what's best for you.
Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:14 am
Declan MacPherson wrote:
Based, I presume, on your extensive experience in the executive and legislative branches of the U.S. government.
Critical Thinking Skills are all that are required. I know how the sausage is made.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 27, 2024, 8:40 am

Silly sausages ....nom, nom, nom
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 27, 2024, 8:52 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:35 am
Critical Thinking Skills are all that are required. I know how the sausage is made.
Leaving unanswered the question of how you know. Seems to me that you're making assumptions but have no factual basis for them.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 8:56 am

Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:52 am
Leaving unanswered the question of how you know. Seems to me that you're making assumptions but have no factual basis for them.
I have a close personal friend who WAS in Congress and 3 who are still in office (TX, FL, TN).

I know.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 9:11 am

The five-judge panel hearing President Trump’s appeal of Judge Engoron’s civil fraud case ruling ordering Trump to pay $454 Million appears inclined to toss out the ruling.

The judges expressed concern today that Letitia James overstepped her prosecutorial authority.

More lawfare going down in flames.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 27, 2024, 1:13 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:56 am
Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 8:52 am
I have a close personal friend who WAS in Congress and 3 who are still in office (TX, FL, TN).

I know.
The fact that your friends don't do their job thoroughly and vote on legislation without reading and understanding it is hardly an indictment of the legislative process.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 2:34 pm

Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 1:13 pm
The fact that your friends don't do their job thoroughly and vote on legislation without reading and understanding it is hardly an indictment of the legislative process.
You're pretending to know what their experiences have been.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 27, 2024, 4:58 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 27, 2024, 2:34 pm
Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 1:13 pm
You're pretending to know what their experiences have been.
Not at all. You complained about the way that the legislative process works, specifically that Members vote without having time to read legislation, and said that your friends are your sources. So I assume that your sources confirm what you said (otherwise, of course, why would you point to them as your sources?). Anyway, you seem hell bent on refuting everything I say and condemning the American legislative system. So feel free to have the last word, as I won't be responding to what you say here any more. I note, however, that my opinion does not rely on what someone else told me. I experienced it myself.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 27, 2024, 5:41 pm

Udon Map wrote:
September 27, 2024, 4:58 pm
you seem hell bent on refuting everything I say
I could say the same about you (and others) toward me.
The fact that your friends don't do their job thoroughly and vote on legislation without reading and understanding it
Your statement above is not the same thing as "not having time to read legislation." You have said two different things about the same occurrence.

Your experience is not necessarily the experience of others.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » September 28, 2024, 7:39 am

What Kamala does best: FILLER

Megyn Kelly (no friend of Trump)
Breaks Down How Kamala Harris Uses Filler Words and Empty Rambling to Say Nothing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roVnJRYo1O0&t=629s

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 28, 2024, 8:05 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
September 28, 2024, 7:39 am
Megyn Kelly (no friend of Trump)
Breaks Down How Kamala Harris Uses Filler Words and Empty Rambling to Say Nothing
No question, Harris does sometimes use far too many words to say nothing. Contrast that with Trump's statements, for example, that household pets are being captured, cooked and eaten by Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, although both the mayor of Springfield and the police chief said they have no information about that, no one's complained about it, and as far as they can tell, it's just not happening.

Yeah, I'll take the word salad any day over lies.

Anyway, back to the less incendiary, how much has Mexico contributed to that border wall? You remember, -- the one that President Trump said that Mexico was going to pay for? That's probably why it has never been finished, the U.S. Treasury is waiting to receive the funds by international transfer. :roll:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2024, 8:06 am

Oh wow... it appears that Megyn is someone's new love.

How unexpectedly sweet.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 28, 2024, 10:03 am

Politics the world over is so tedious nowadays .. across al parties sleaze,coruption and mud slinging take president over actual policies and doing whats best for the people.

I have noticed the general hatred for DT around the world mirrored her on UM by the resident "experts" is clouding the fact just how inept Harris has and continues to be .. Biden is just ticking off the days and making no real effort or decisions and shes just swanning around trying to look the presidential part.

For the record i dont give a rats ass who wins ..DT would be the more entertaining yet Harris will create the more laughs (unless you are American)...beware buyer/voter remorse on both sides as IMO it will be a clusterfook whoever gets the nod.

Either way what an absolute terrible choice these 2 contenders vying for the POTUS arguably the most powerful position in the world today (other than Scunthorpe United manager).

In a country of so many there HAS TO BE SOME ONE OUT THERE BETTER...it appears in recent times and the for see able future there isnt.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 28, 2024, 10:12 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
September 28, 2024, 10:03 am
I have noticed the general hatred for DT around the world mirrored her on UM by the resident "experts" is clouding the fact just how inept Harris has and continues to be.
Hard to disagree with that, DM. My prediction is that Harris will be a mediocre President.

Return to “U.S. Politics”