tamada wrote:
September 26, 2024, 3:30 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 26, 2024, 1:55 pm
Tam, renewables in Australia

Hydro 6 percent
Solar 16 percent
Wind 12 percent

Interesting rooftop solar is now above 10% so only 6% from industrial solar.

Badly needed is a storage solution, where only the state with significant storage is South Australia
There's a big battery in SA?
When it was ordered, i believe it was the biggest battery bank in the world.

Hornsdale Power Reserve
Thanks for that, much appreciated.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Easy pop shots at OZ labor Govt.

Post by Barney » September 27, 2024, 9:29 am

1 term albo is further down the toilet with this bill.
The people are seeing through his far left communist ideology.
The opposition must do their job and put the lefty commo greens, the elite “ I’m all right Jack” teals and of course 1term albo in their place back in the box.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/M3dqLn ... tid=UalRPS

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 27, 2024, 10:08 am

Thanks Barney - I watched the first few minutes of the diatribe.

As usual, and it comes as no surprise to anyone with a modicum of common sense, that Sky News and Morrow are full of it.
It will also introduce new obligations on digital platforms to increase their transparency with Australian users about how they handle misinformation and disinformation on their services.

The Bill will complement voluntary industry codes but allow the ACMA to approve an enforceable industry code or make standards should industry self-regulation fail to address the threat posed by misinformation and disinformation.

Nothing in the Bill enables the ACMA themselves to take down individual pieces of content or user accounts.

Platforms are and will remain responsible for managing content on their services in line with their own terms of service.
https://minister.infrastructure.gov.au/ ... nformation
and, from the same site
According to the Australian Media Literacy Alliance, 80% of Australians say the spread of misinformation on social media needs to be addressed.
And if you really want to inform yourself https://minister.infrastructure.gov.au/ ... nformation

ps "far left communist ideology" 🤣
Last edited by jackspratt on September 27, 2024, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 27, 2024, 10:09 am

Barney wrote:
September 27, 2024, 9:29 am
If albosleazy by some disastrous miracle he gets this bill through we are doomed. Nobody in Oz will be able to make derogatory comments about politicians, NRL, AFL, Rugby, cricket, netball, tennis, judicial system, the round ball game, and of course the Pom's.

And the dimwit Oz treasurer chalmers is in china for trade talks and the best he has come up with so far is the tarif on lobsters, WTF lobsters. Is Oz now running on the back of lobsters not beef or sheep.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 27, 2024, 10:14 am

JS, are you happy that a federal Govt. can tell you what you can or cannot say with free speech without crossing the lines. Surely that is a solialist or commy view, are you persay a commy.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » September 27, 2024, 10:14 am

JS, are you happy that a federal Govt. can tell you what you can or cannot say with free speech without crossing the lines. Surely that is a solialist or commy view, are you persay a commy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 27, 2024, 10:19 am

Sport, take a few minutes to educate yourself, and read through the contents of the second link in my post above.

Just for starters, you will see that the Bill doesn't apply to individuals.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2024, 10:36 am

tamada wrote:
September 26, 2024, 9:08 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 26, 2024, 5:30 pm
tamada wrote:
September 26, 2024, 3:30 pm
Whistler wrote:
September 26, 2024, 1:55 pm
Tam, renewables in Australia

Hydro 6 percent
Solar 16 percent
Wind 12 percent

Interesting rooftop solar is now above 10% so only 6% from industrial solar.

Badly needed is a storage solution, where only the state with significant storage is South Australia
There's a big battery in SA?
When it was ordered, i believe it was the biggest battery bank in the world.

Hornsdale Power Reserve
Thanks for that, much appreciated.
Hopefully, battery tech will improve and be able to take up the slack when the gas supply becomes tight, especially next door in Vic.

After two years of Australian government torpor on energy reality, TGS, the world's largest harvester of seismic data, both proprietary and multi-funded speculative (spec) data, has canceled their huge seismic survey over Otway, offshore Vic. This is arguably the biggest nail in the coffin for Australian offshore oil and gas exploration.

"People who say gas is the answer are wrong, and people who say gas has no role to play, are wrong," Energy Minister Chris Bowen told ABC Statewide Drive.

"And I understand people's concerns around gas, our policy is to support gas as a peaking and firming mechanism for renewable.
"

Note the catchy new buzzwords for government flim-flammery and wiff-waff on energy sustainability is called "peaking and firming". I did a bit of that last night with Mrs tam, after dinner.

Of course, ABC still insists on calling it the evocative but incorrect "seismic blasting' as a sop to the "deeply connected" surfers who think "whale and bird migration paths, are of the highest priority to local people."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-27/ ... /104401394
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 28, 2024, 2:29 pm

tamada wrote:
September 28, 2024, 10:36 am

Note the catchy new buzzwords for government flim-flammery and wiff-waff on energy sustainability is called "peaking and firming". I did a bit of that last night with Mrs tam, after dinner.
Did she express any interest in renewables, in preference to old style seismic blasts?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 28, 2024, 3:04 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 28, 2024, 2:29 pm
tamada wrote:
September 28, 2024, 10:36 am

Did she express any interest in renewables, in preference to old style seismic blasts?
I asked, but I dozed off before she answered...if she did. You know what it's like when in your dotage, one pop and you're off to the land of nod.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Australia”