Quiet Monday

General Udon Thani topics only!
tamada
udonmap.com

Quiet Monday

Post by tamada » September 10, 2024, 7:01 am

Yesterday was one of those frequently inexplicable "quiet" days around the town. The morning ring road traffic was way less than the usual and the school run was done well before 8 am. Even then, the usual 30- minute "surges" never came to much. I was off the roads most of the day with another unchallenging afternoon school run but needed something from Big C around 5 pm. Again, no tailback at the lights, no queues at the half-dozen check outs and the covered parking was about 20% full at most. Unusual IMHO. I noticed a high number of yellow polo shirts being worn so maybe something to do with the palace people? A pre- Mooncake Festival hiatus?

I've noticed a few days during the week where it seems to me that half the usual commuters are taking a day off, this was just another one I guess.

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: Quiet Monday

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 10, 2024, 9:38 am

Does this profound subject really deserve its own thread? I would suggest it belongs with one of the threads created by Doodoo, such as 'You gotta be joking'.

Hope this helps.

By the way, it did not rain in Khon Kaen yesterday for the first time in a while. I know, I know, I should start my own thread or place it in one of Doodoo's, rather than horning in on yours.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » September 10, 2024, 10:06 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
September 10, 2024, 9:38 am
Does this profound subject really deserve its own thread? I would suggest it belongs with one of the threads created by Doodoo, such as 'You gotta be joking'.

Hope this helps.

By the way, it did not rain in Khon Kaen yesterday for the first time in a while. I know, I know, I should start my own thread or place it in one of Doodoo's, rather than horning in on yours.
Lets face it, It's all got a bit boring.
Maybe we need some new blood, same ole, same ole, Or, encourage some of the old boys back, 747man, Saint, Parrot, Earnest, KP, etc, even Trolls can be entertaining.

Hope this removes the spanner from the works.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2024, 11:09 am

"I know, I know, I should start my own thread or place it in one of Doodoo's, rather than horning in on yours."
So what's stopping you? Nothing but a few short strokes on the old keyboard. If you KNOW so well then lets hear it. The more the merrier

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2024, 11:58 am

Doodoo wrote:
September 10, 2024, 11:09 am
"I know, I know, I should start my own thread or place it in one of Doodoo's, rather than horning in on yours."
So what's stopping you? Nothing but a few short strokes on the old keyboard. If you KNOW so well then lets hear it. The more the merrier
WRT to LYM, maybe already "a few short strokes" on something goin' on.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2024, 12:00 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Nah mate, you're doin just fine so just keep on strokin'.

In retrospect, that's a it harsh and will only draw the ire of the forum policeman.

We haven't been regaled recently about the travails of the... hold on till I have a quick scroll back. Yes, here it is, the travails of the Toronto Argonauts. You can do it here too.
Last edited by tamada on September 10, 2024, 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2024, 12:04 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
September 10, 2024, 10:06 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Maybe we need some new blood, same ole, same ole, Or, encourage some of the old boys back, 747man, Saint, Parrot, Earnest, KP, etc, even Trolls can be entertaining.

Was it a metric spanner by any chance? I just noticed my 13 mm has gone AWOL.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 10, 2024, 1:31 pm

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2024, 12:04 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Definitely gone quiet.
"You'll Never Walk Alone"L.F.C.

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 10, 2024, 1:31 pm

tamada wrote:
September 10, 2024, 12:04 pm
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:

Hope this helps.

Definitely gone quiet.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 10, 2024, 1:38 pm

Can someone please make an urgent call to statto - we need the EPL soccer thread up, and in full flight, again.

That'll bring back Jumbo, and all his admirers. 👍

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 10, 2024, 5:00 pm

Doodoo wrote:
September 10, 2024, 11:09 am
You're very feisty today, doodoo. What's gotten into you? Have you been spending the day at the beer garden?

No, I will not be acquiescing to your demand as I seriously doubt you want to hear my thoughts.

Hope this helps.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 10, 2024, 5:42 pm

I dont drink

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 10, 2024, 5:54 pm

jackspratt wrote:
September 10, 2024, 1:38 pm
Can someone please make an urgent call to statto - we need the EPL soccer thread up, and in full flight, again.

Talking of footie, I see Désirée's back.

I know, I know, careful what you wish for.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 10, 2024, 6:14 pm

Quiet?
The M&F of a storm just blew though from the west, From Big City direction. Dumped at least 75mm and still giving it . Next week Bangkok will blame everyone apart from the wasted Billions in the back pockets..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 11, 2024, 12:43 am

Suffice to say traffic in and around town is a lot quieter for what ever reason.. im sure Tam was only highlighting thus

Tiz true at the mo UDMAP is a tad , lets say lacking "something" .. its been as boring as all bollocks for ages and even i cant be arsed posting even tho Scunny are toppa the league .. (JACK)..times are changing and fora as such will become less n less popular as we al die off ..

No way i can see many of our kids wasting time on the UM fora genre as we have ..far more important things to do like.. PLAY GAME, or in the case of London join a gang n stab people.

Just sayin

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

dezzer111
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer111 » September 11, 2024, 5:17 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 10, 2024, 1:38 pm

Shall we start with the England win?

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”