'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: Covid on its way back

Post by DuiDui49 » July 29, 2023, 10:08 am

The other day i read that 90% of the Thais are deficient in Vitamin D...why you might ask..cause they are covering up their bodys to much from the sunshine..And those who knows think Vitamin D is important to combat COVID infections..And let us not forget all the important things to do when it comes to having a strong Immune system..Diet and exercise might help too.

//Alfie :-)

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 29, 2023, 11:17 am

"It is not clear if vitamin D supplements help prevent COVID-19 infection. You can help prevent infection from the COVID-19 virus by following these steps:

Get vaccinated.
Avoid people who are sick.
Wash your hands often with soap and water.
Don't touch your face.
Disinfect surfaces you touch regularly.
Improve airflow, also called ventilation, when indoors by opening windows or turning on exhaust fans.
Wear a face mask, especially if COVID-19 community levels are high in your area.
Vitamin D, like other vitamins and minerals, helps the body work. And vitamin D is known to have a role in the body's immune response.

"Researchers are looking at the effect of vitamin D levels on COVID-19. Some researchers study ways to prevent illness. Others test the effect of vitamin D given to people in the hospital with COVID-19.

There is no clear picture on how or if vitamin D should be used in prevention or treatment of COVID-19.

But researchers think that not having the amount of vitamin D your body needs, also called vitamin D deficiency, might put people at higher risk of getting COVID-19 and lung, also called respiratory, illnesses overall.

Having enough vitamin D also may help people get the most out of their COVID-19 vaccination.

If you're concerned about your vitamin D level, ask your health care provider about getting it checked. And if you have a vitamin D deficiency, talk to your provider about how to get your levels up."
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... q-20493088

"And while high levels of vitamin D might lower your risk for severe COVID-19 infection, there is no evidence that taking vitamin D supplements will provide protection against infection or improve outcomes in patients with COVID-19."
https://www.webmd.com/covid/vitamin-d-c ... at-to-know

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » July 29, 2023, 11:38 am

Can’t hurt to keep your vitamin D level up.
You get vitamin D from sun exposure so on sunny days I go shirtless for about 15 minutes while working outside. Don't want to get sunburned. 8)
UFF DA!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 29, 2023, 12:02 pm

"I go shirtless for about 15 minutes while working outside. Don't want to get sunburned." Or scare the neighbors

A reason for Vitamin D decreasing in the study could be the people they tested , Children. The main difference with kids nowadays and those 10 years ago are cell phones/internet.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 21, 2023, 9:42 pm

Weekly COVID-19 Situation in Thailand 13 - 19 August 2023.
Number of confirmed infected cases admitted to hospitals 389 (56 per day on average),
Number of fatalities 9 (1 per day on average),
Cumulative infected cases (since 1 January 2023) 32,232,
Cumulative number of fatalities (since 1 January 2023) 784.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 31, 2023, 8:01 am

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 31, 2023, 8:25 am

From an aseannow forum member responding in the above post:

"I know plenty of people who've had a bit of a 'heavy cold' for 3 to 5 days recently (last few months) with about an additional week to full recovery.

Nobody that I know who's had it seems to be reporting it to anybody, cold medicines help and it goes away quickly.

I had it myself recently after a night out, as did the Mrs.

My point here is that if nobody's reporting it to anybody then they won't know about it. For it to show up in waste water in Bangkok means there's a significant number of people being infected, they're just not going for any kind of treatment - probably because it doesn't require anything you can't find at the pharmacy - or anything at all.

When I had it all I took was a decongestant, I didn't even take anything for the fever as is was barely noticeable, I fixed that by altering the AC temperature."

Anyone else here having infrequent bouts of "feels like flu" but just keeping quiet, self medicating and quietly getting on with life under the "new normal"?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 31, 2023, 8:52 am

I know an elderly gent that had covid about 2 months ago
He was very ill for a week and took the best part of another month to get over it
So it still effects some badly

Potamoi
udonmap.com
Location: Halfway between Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Ona-i-Lau

Post by Potamoi » August 31, 2023, 9:19 am

Interesting interview on the Swedish model:

I fear the man who drinks water and so remembers this morning what the rest of us said last night
Benjamin Franklin

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to talk and remove all doubt
Maurice Switzer *(assumed)

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 31, 2023, 12:12 pm

Thanks for the informative video, Potamoi. Well worth a look.

I'm sure that after the data for the Swedish experiment is analysed, and compared to how other countries handled Covid, it will provide a useful comparison for actions when the next pandemic strikes.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 31, 2023, 12:30 pm

tamada wrote:
August 31, 2023, 8:25 am

"I know plenty of people who've had a bit of a 'heavy cold' for 3 to 5 days recently (last few months) with about an additional week to full recovery.

Nobody that I know who's had it seems to be reporting it to anybody, cold medicines help and it goes away quickly.

My point here is that if nobody's reporting it to anybody then they won't know about it. For it to show up in waste water in Bangkok means there's a significant number of people being infected, they're just not going for any kind of treatment - probably because it doesn't require anything you can't find at the pharmacy - or anything at all.

When I had it all I took was a decongestant, I didn't even take anything for the fever as is was barely noticeable, I fixed that by altering the AC temperature."

Anyone else here having infrequent bouts of "feels like flu" but just keeping quiet, self medicating and quietly getting on with life under the "new normal"?
I got it several weeks ago, paracetamol and lozenges for a sore throat, not much of a fever but diabolical diarrhoea that lingered for a month. I find after 2 months that I still have bouts of quite intense drowsiness but no other long term effects.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 31, 2023, 6:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 31, 2023, 12:30 pm
tamada wrote:
August 31, 2023, 8:25 am

I got it several weeks ago, paracetamol and lozenges for a sore throat, not much of a fever but diabolical diarrhoea that lingered for a month. I find after 2 months that I still have bouts of quite intense drowsiness but no other long term effects.
Virtually the same here. We have a crew of about 46, flew in from all over and all signed on in Singapore. Over the first couple of weeks, the "bug" was going around and according to the medic, almost half the crew needed some medicating for cold or flu-like symptoms while some could only manage shorter shifts. Myself, after about 5 days onboard, I felt a scratchy throat, no cough one evening in the office. Next day just feeling rough as guts and waking up the following morning, I'd almost lost my voice and had an interminable nasal drip for another 3 or 4 days. Did the paracetamol and nurse gave me some lozenges and after about a week, all good. However, I did get a couple of those spontaneous and intense drowsy moments as well over the ensuing couple of weeks. Today, almost a month after sign-on, I'm finally feeling good with no aches, no tiredness and normal energy levels.

I carry one of those swab test kits just in case a client or operator insists or if I feel a bit crook. However, what would I do onboard if I tested +ve? I asked the medic and he said unless the symptoms deepen to where a medical evac is recommended, the policy is to report the illness, no PCR test required, take the OTC medication provided but limit your movement to your work location onboard and your cabin. Arrange with the galley for your meal to be plated, covered and laid away so you eat outside normal galley hours, ie. alone. Some of the crew mentioned also getting the squirts to varying degrees but I had the opposite problem. I needs more roughage!
Screenshot_20230831-185225~2.png
Covid medication 2023?
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 31, 2023, 10:58 pm

Weekly COVID-19 Situation in Thailand 20 - 26 August 2023.
Number of confirmed infected cases admitted to hospitals 256 (37 per day on average),
Number of fatalities 6 (1 per day on average),
Cumulative infected cases (since 1 January 2023) 32,488,
Cumulative number of fatalities (since 1 January 2023) 790.
source: Department of Disease Control

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 2, 2023, 7:58 am

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 2, 2023, 11:38 pm

COVID hospitalizations on the rise as U.S. enters Labor Day weekend

https://www.yahoo.com/news/covid-hospit ... 57885.html

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 8, 2023, 3:42 am

Yes, There's A New Covid Variant. We Have Some Good – And Bad – News
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/yes-theres-co ... 00119.html

Officials say some patients showing 'severe symptoms' in Calgary daycare outbreak
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/officials-pat ... 50741.html

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » September 11, 2023, 11:05 pm

September 3 to 9th
Another 244 confirmed covid cases with 3 fatalities

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » October 2, 2023, 9:24 am

Weekly COVID-19 Situation in Thailand 24 - 30 September 2023.

Number of confirmed infected cases admitted to hospitals 190
Number of fatalities 1

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 2, 2023, 10:53 am

Thanks for posting. Have a pleasant safe day.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”