Norway Bar, "the lost investment"?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Phitoo

Norway Bar, "the lost investment"?

Post by Phitoo » November 22, 2008, 7:25 pm

Hello .
I wonder if somebody can give me som information about the owner of Norway bar ,former Pla & Jerome bar in Udon Thani ?
My friend have invest about 800 000bht.in this bar,but now his wife (since juli this year ) ,who was the (legal? )owner of the bar, is dissapeared ,or either answering him on the telephone.
Thanksfull for any information. Image

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Norway Bar, "the lost investment"?

Post by beer monkey » November 22, 2008, 7:32 pm

So just to clarify the pic above is the 'missing' person(your friends wife)..who had access to the 800.000 baht..? (which is also elusive..?), and your friend is in Norway and not Thailand..?
and he can-not contact her by usual means..?

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 22, 2008, 8:00 pm

I interpreted it that his Norwegian friend invested 800K by (he believes) buying the bar for his new wife (as of July this year), and she cannot now be contacted.

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » November 22, 2008, 8:23 pm

Seems like a very trusting guy ?
I think i have seen an advert on this site for a private detective, although he might find it difficult now you have advertised it.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 22, 2008, 8:39 pm

yes thats right Ter..

link:
http://www.thaiprivateeye.com/

failing that i would be jumping on the next flight to Udon, to do my own investigating.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 22, 2008, 8:45 pm

Well I was told that Pla & Jerome are not there any more & I doubt if they would have vacated without cash changing hands. However, I do not know how much exchanged hands & do not know & whether it has re-exchanged hands I also do not know.
I am not out in town until Monday night, but will have a dig around then.... :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 22, 2008, 9:52 pm

Walked past it the other night and a few Scandanavian types were there enjoying themselves etc.

Pla and Jerome are still in town, saw them approx 4 nights ago

woody
udonmap.com

Post by woody » November 23, 2008, 5:00 am

if it were my 800k

i would be front and center in UDON

there's only conjecture to be had atm.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 23, 2008, 6:48 am

How any one can think of money put into a bar as an investment I don't know. At best its a hobby or alternatively a charitable donation to a Thai Tg/Tw. :lol:

oldfield

Post by oldfield » November 23, 2008, 8:43 am

Sounds like your 'friend' has been ripped off to the tune of 800,000 baht.

BTW, who is the picture of, the missing wife, Pla or you?

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » November 23, 2008, 8:48 am

trubrit wrote:How any one can think of money put into a bar as an investment I don't know. At best its a hobby or alternatively a charitable donation to a Thai Tg/Tw. :lol:
Yes, indeed.

Udon has quite enough, as we have discussed far too often. :lol:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 23, 2008, 8:56 am

800 k, :yikes: could of bought nong's for 400 k

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 23, 2008, 12:06 pm

Pla and Jerome are still in town, saw them approx 4 nights agowazza

They have a new bar in Nutty Park, opened last week, far end, opposite a beer too far

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » November 23, 2008, 1:51 pm

oldfield wrote:Sounds like your 'friend' has been ripped off to the tune of 800,000 baht.

BTW, who is the picture of, the missing wife, Pla or you?
I presume it is the light-fingered wife as it's not Pla. I reckon the chances of the alleged ka-mooi still being in Udon are slim. Sister/brother/friends in Bangkok/Phuket/Pattaya?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2008, 2:03 pm

Nigeria ??

Nastyman

Post by Nastyman » November 23, 2008, 2:13 pm

800,000 baht? Bar is worth maybe 200,000 baht. Maybe she paid more after all it was your money. Comming back would be a waste of time and only cause you pain. She has your money and you have a lesson learned. Sorry but tit.

Phitoo

Post by Phitoo » November 23, 2008, 5:20 pm

beer monkey wrote:So just to clarify the pic above is the 'missing' person(your friends wife)..who had access to the 800.000 baht..? (which is also elusive..?), and your friend is in Norway and not Thailand..?
and he can-not contact her by usual means..?
The picture is of my friends wife,and what I believe " some others wife too ,ref : to the lost of the big house and her former marriage to a Canadian " :mrgreen:
Nastyman wrote:800,000 baht? Bar is worth maybe 200,000 baht. Maybe she paid more after all it was your money. Comming back would be a waste of time and only cause you pain. She has your money and you have a lesson learned. Sorry but tit.
My friend is what I will call "a very goodhearted man ,he doesnt drink to much either,who in a hurry,was looking for a thrustful and familiar wife "
and this lady was his first ever experience with Thailand ,after he was given a picture and telephonnumber in july ,from a thailady (friend of this lady)who works in an restaurant and living in Germany, where he also has been working in the last 6years.

After getting this photo,and speak with this girl a few times on the mobiletelphone ,he decided ,and he buy himself the ticket for "The promised land" and leave early in the morning the next day.

Heartly welcome by the family who was meeting him in Bangkok ,and where he was taken back to Udon, he call me on the telephone and tell me that THIS FAMILY [-X was nothing like anything that I had tryed to warn him about ,the family allready have a big 6 million house,50" flatscreen tv,new car ,"and everything" ,and after that time, he almost closed his ears ,and where I alreaddy understand that he had been affected by the "asiasyndrom."

After 2 week in beatifully and harmonic Udon Thani , he decided to bring the girl to Norway to meet his family ,and get her a touristvisum for 2 weeks in the norwegian embassy in Bangkok,whereafter 1 week in Norway ,he became married with her ,wherafter "not out of the building" his new wife reminds him of the 2 X "sin sod" he have to pay, because her parents was divorced and living separately ,and she because of that, wanted both parents to have 100 000bht.each, and on this point ,even my own thaiwife for 6 years ,who earlier had been told the story of the untrusthful Canadaman who had bought her the 6 mill.big house for her ,and for many times have been headshaking and make her warnings, looks like this : :yikes:
But what can you say ,for keeping a friendship ? [-(

After happily returning to Thailand again ,looks around ,and the honeymoon is over,my friend return back to Norway where he tells me ,he have bought him and his wife a bar ,and he also deciced to move permanently to Udon,whereafter he show me the photo of Pla & Jerome bar on udonmap.com,who was my first meeting with this forum.(great forum indeed)

The money transfer in Western Union so beginns and after a week he have transfer 800 000 baht in different small operations,and where his wife who is bizzy with buying new furniture ,whisky and everything became more and more hard to talk with,and proclames she is very tired and work to much,please call back later ,etc etc,whereafter he offers to come and helps she with the new business ,
whereafter he goes to Udon once more.

After the arrival he explore that the whole family has been moving out of the 6 million house,and now living all 9 persons in the very small house from her brother ,whereafter he considering the noise,decides to check in at a hotel nearby because of many nights with no sleep and thinking to much about the lately totally change of behaviour of his wife.

After a good sleep in the Hotel,he makes his journey to the new "Norway Bar" ,where he almost shocked explores that he is NOT welcome with the words :NO BEER FOR YOU,THIS IS MY BAR NOW,YOU CAN GO ELSEWHERE BECAUSE I HAVE NO MORE TIME FOR YOU !!!
Wherafter he goes "elsewhere" to a nearby restaurant and have a meal and som drinks and makes some telphones to her ,who is becoming "shut down".

The next day and in the belive of better to have NO trouble, where he dont know everything about this people ,and bad romours about crazy ladies on yaba, whisky,and a corrupt police ,he makes his trip back to Norway,where he now sitting thinking about what to do ,considering divorce, and to get some money back from the bar #-o

Does he as married to this lady have som interest in the bar ,even if it in the papirs is in her name,is it possible that the bar is only leased,and how can he get out of the situation?

He even speaks about that it had been better to give this money for child-charity,what i am agreed with him.

I hope I'm excused for my simple english writing on this forum,but I hope i make somebody understand a little of this,and it also can be a warning for others who is in a hurry to get themselves a good wife.

What consider myself after 13-14 years experiense in Thailand and living 5year in Isaan( Roi et),and after that time married with a kindly lady from amphur Kabinburi in Yang wat Phrachinburi I want to say
: Take a good look and dont be in a hurry,its a whole lot of good girls in Thailand,you just have to use some time find them, and also know them for a time.
Have a nice day from Phitoo in Norway ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2008, 5:39 pm

Thanks for an honest update on the situation your friend has experienced.

After reading this twice, im convinced that he wont get 1 baht from his wife, or the bar etc.

Im not sure of the divorce laws in Norway and how any settlement negotiated would apply in Thailand.

This is a sad case of exploitation by the wife for financial gain for her and her extended family.

Only thing i can do to assist is to never go to this bar and support it.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 23, 2008, 5:56 pm

Thanks for the updated story phitoo...he was well and truly screwed out of his cash, just another hard hearted hard faced cheating woman, sounds like he was a bit of a push over and got singled out because of his 'good heart', and spending 2 weeks with her then jumping straight in at the deep end...!!!! #-o .but by the sound of it he was warned by you who has several years experiance of Thailand, best put it behind him and start a fresh and this will serve as a warning to others, he was not the first and won't be the last.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 23, 2008, 6:45 pm

I'm sorry to hear the above story. Unfortunately, it does seem that he jumped into everything far too quickly, as seems to be all too common amongst farangs and Thai relationships. I guess also he just sent her the money to do the appropriate with, rather than consult/use a lawyer bar to both protect his interests, and oversee the leasing/purchasing of the bar. I doubt he really knows whether the bar is leased, purchased or whatever, or even whether she really took it on?

I believe the bar was changing hands when I was in Udon about 2 months back.

Is the photo in the original post, a photo of the person (his wife) in question? If so, I've seen her about in Udon often.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”