udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by Paladin » February 18, 2013, 5:45 pm

Wanted, a good bus company to travel on overnight to MOCHIT, BKK

Stevo
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by Stevo » February 18, 2013, 5:59 pm

'Chan Tour' are the best... make sure you go 'S' Class (much better than VIP Class for about 100 Baht more).

Second best are 'Air Udon'.

Avoid '407'' bus company... they are notorious for breaking down or crashing.

sfbandung
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by sfbandung » February 19, 2013, 6:19 am

"good bus company" is an oxymoron. We did the day trip once to see the sights. Ticked that box and never again. It was Air Udon direct from Ban Dung and as far as buses go I suppose it was ok.

The best bus company is Thai Airways, or you can go cheaper on Air Asia's buses or Nok Air.

Seriously, the air fares are cheap and the buses are dangerous and slow.

Polleke
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by Polleke » February 19, 2013, 11:19 am

Chan Tour is comfortable and at THB 525 for the S class the price is right too. You can reserve your seat(s) when buying the ticket at the bus station (near Central). Leave with the last bus at 22:45 and arrive around 5:30 at Moo Chit. Taxi queues at Moo Chit look chaotic, but it usually never takes more than 5 minutes to grab a cab.
I love the efficiency: none of the hassle that is typical of airports these days, a late departure from Udon (no flights at that time anymore) and arrival in bangkok at sunrise, with a full day ahead of me. I usually sleep before the bus passes Nong Sun and wake up near Rangsit.
However, on the way back from Bangkok I usually fly, departing from Moo Chit not that smooth.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by newtovillagelife » February 19, 2013, 7:33 pm

What is the difference between vip and s class????

Ted Stokes

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by Ted Stokes » February 21, 2013, 1:44 pm

I am catching the overnight bus to the international airport. Do I need to know the name of the operator? I have a ticket, a date and time (21:00 departuture from Udon). I was told to turn up at the Terminal at 20:00/

Ted

shipwreck
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by shipwreck » February 21, 2013, 6:03 pm

The difference between vip and s class. The s class you have your own tv screen, only thai language movie last time i drive with them, and electric chairs.
I like the vip better, i can not stretc fully in the other because i can not get my feet under the seat in front.

rick
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by rick » February 21, 2013, 10:46 pm

Ted, only one bus does that route. Used to be a Mustard yellow colour, but now use some other ones. Stops at bay 2 i think..... The bus is often late, so don't get too nervous as 9 pm approaches and no bus. Just be careful to check the destination signs on the buses. It starts from Nong Khai. used to be the 999 bus company (which i think is government). i used to use it a couple of times a year, never had a problem.

hermajesty
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by hermajesty » February 22, 2013, 8:24 am

Where does one purchase a Chan ticket? Is there one shop that sells for a single company or are there several shops that sell for several different companies?

Thanks
HM

Stevo
udonmap.com

Over Night Bus to BKK

Post by Stevo » February 22, 2013, 8:49 am

HM,
If you go to the central bus station, their office is on the right hand side as you enter from the road leading to Central Complex. The Chan Tour buses park right outside their office... white & blue Volvo or Scania buses.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » February 22, 2013, 9:24 am

Hi,
I go with Thai air buses. Reclining massage seats, a meal, Thai style, a bottle of water and a bottle of orange. Good seat and has a blanket with it. I get the one that goes about 2300Hrs and gets into BKK at about 0500Hrs. Price last year was 405B. Use this bus every year to go to B. Embassy. Would not worry to much about T.V"s as all the videos are in Thai.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”