Ceiling Fans

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: Ceiling Fans

Post by kopkei » August 28, 2017, 6:55 pm

you can fit any standard remote at any ceiling fan (almost)
i bought a remote(and receiver) at the electric shop (1.200 baht)near yamaha mb shop at tung si muang , they also have the sunlight fans as in global house i think , and indeed 15 years ago i also bought them at 1.200-1.500baht ,we also need in the future 7 ceiling fans with light , the price now will be between 2.500-3500 baht i think , saw a nice one with boonthavorn ,same as barney has (flower model) but too crazy price , 14.000 baht?.. will update this after our purchase ...happy hunting... ;)

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 28, 2017, 7:10 pm

My units
Attachments
20170828_184409_resized.jpg

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 28, 2017, 7:29 pm

RLTrader

Are you looking to replace the old bunch altogether in bulk?
When I was looking around a while back I think the sunlight had changed company name, check google for sunlight.
They are a Thai mob and will all be delivered from BKK like any fan procured in UT. Technology has changed over the last 10 years and you may not need you wall switch anymore as the remote systems have taken that role, but not altogether.
I'm sure Do Home or maybe thaiwatsadu had the sunlight type or a similar fan with the new brand name.

Be careful of crazy prices and don't forget to ask for the bulk discount.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 7:39 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 28, 2017, 6:55 pm
you can fit any standard remote at any ceiling fan (almost)
i bought a remote(and receiver) at the electric shop (1.200 baht)near yamaha mb shop at tung si muang , they also have the sunlight fans as in global house i think , and indeed 15 years ago i also bought them at 1.200-1.500baht ,we also need in the future 7 ceiling fans with light , the price now will be between 2.500-3500 baht i think , saw a nice one with boonthavorn ,same as barney has (flower model) but too crazy price , 14.000 baht?.. will update this after our purchase ...happy hunting... ;)
as I said to the wife today after she said too much, think when we were looking at Global House for some reason remember a price of 6,000 baht

Here are the 2 units I priced at Bangkok shop
Screen Shot 2017-08-27 at 11.15.44.png
the top one is 6,300 and is like I now have in every room the bottom is 6,000

what the quote said was top was 8,390 and they sell at 6,300
bottom was 7,890 and they sell for 6,000
remote was 2,400 and they sell for 1,950

good for 7 days.

need to pick up a couple of filters at Do Home tomorrow so will check prices & brands

Wanted SunLight because hell its 10+ years old and still works fine and 2 want to make it a easy replacement.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 8:03 pm

Barney wrote:
August 28, 2017, 7:29 pm
RLTrader

Are you looking to replace the old bunch altogether in bulk?
When I was looking around a while back I think the sunlight had changed company name, check google for sunlight.
They are a Thai mob and will all be delivered from BKK like any fan procured in UT. Technology has changed over the last 10 years and you may not need you wall switch anymore as the remote systems have taken that role, but not altogether.
I'm sure Do Home or maybe thaiwatsadu had the sunlight type or a similar fan with the new brand name.

Be careful of crazy prices and don't forget to ask for the bulk discount.
Only replacing ONE with a broken pull chain for light.

When I did a search for 'SunLight Ceiling Fans' came up many times. But I do NOT use EVIL Google.

Hell the picture post b̶e̶l̶o̶w̶ above looks exactly like what I bought 10 years ago. Guts different, doubt by 300% worth.

Oh the company in Bangkok or Shop is

ADVANCED CONNECTION CORPORATION PUBLIC COMPANY LIMITED
32 SRINAGARINDRA ROAD, NONGBON, PRAVES, BANGKOK 10250

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 28, 2017, 8:30 pm

RL why not just replace the pull chain if the fans works ok? A new internal pull chain switch is available from the large electric shop c/o Makhaeng and Prajak roads
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 8:49 pm

fdimike wrote:
August 28, 2017, 8:30 pm
RL why not just replace the pull chain if the fans works ok? A new internal pull chain switch is available from the large electric shop c/o Makhaeng and Prajak roads
Hi Mike

Long time no see.

Guess like everyone including me "you did Not read all the posts" :lol:
Oh why am I replacing the fan? Well its has pull chains 1 for light, 1 for fan and it seems that either wife or son pulled the chain for the light a little to hard and it broke the chain inside the switch. Tried to get someone to replace, said he could order, but never showed up, too busy. Found a switch at electric shop, but the dam thing will not fit, plus its a 2 and not a 3 - It works but is just hang out and can't light all at once.

Now this happened months ago and son is living with it, but gives me :evil: look when I ask if light ok. So instead of procrastinating any more, move it up on my list that must be done.

I figure I can use this old fan in the outside kitchen, the one that was there died years ago, thinking the dust that comes in from the road. Just stop working, so took it down and trashed it. If I had known that prices had more than tripled just might have sent it to a shop. Dam, should have at lease kept it for parts. :roll:

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 28, 2017, 9:16 pm

Hi James Doing the same old thing. Cycling and getting older. PM me and I'll tell you more.

Anyway the switch is easy to replace yourself if you or anyone wants to go that route.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 28, 2017, 9:41 pm

fdimike wrote:
August 28, 2017, 9:16 pm
Hi James Doing the same old thing. Cycling and getting older. PM me and I'll tell you more.

Anyway the switch is easy to replace yourself if you or anyone wants to go that route.
:lol: I did replace it but its a tight fit, can't remember yesterday let alone couple of months ago, but it needs to fit into a holder of some sort and it will not fit. Plus the replacement from the electric shop is what (they) call a 2, while what I need is what (they) call a 3. To me it should be a 3 and 4. In other words it is missing a wire. But it does work. But I can't put the cover back, so its just swing in the breeze.

And the son seems to think all four lights should be on at once. Now I just might be able to do that and maybe with 1 wire. Just thought it easier to replace it, and not have electric wires hanging about. Now if it was on a wall switch, I would be all set, throw the switch away, tie the wires together, and replace the cover. Sadly it is not. :D

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 29, 2017, 4:59 am

Hmmm I wonder why you had a problem? The switch that I replaced is a 4 position switch (3 different lights "on" settings and 1 off). Did you take the switch with you when you went to the electric shop? Normally I do that so they know what type switch to give me. The replacement fit just fine as well.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 29, 2017, 7:32 am

try to go look at the shop next to the yamaha motorbike shop at the corner of thung si muang , it is on the left side 20m inside the side street , they sell quality fans (limited choice) ,and have many spare parts too, another place for fans is the other global house on the road to khon kaen , they seemed to have more choice than the one on the ring road and better priced (2.500/3.500)..as info.. ;)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 29, 2017, 7:56 am

Hmmm I wonder why you had a problem? The switch that I replaced is a 4 position switch (3 different lights "on" settings and 1 off). Did you take the switch with you when you went to the electric shop? Normally I do that so they know what type switch to give me. The replacement fit just fine as well.

Nope. Can't really remember, but while I was waiting for the guy to show up, found myself in the electric shop. While looking around spotted the fan switch, looked right, so bought it. When I got home and compared it to the one still attached to the fan, saw that it was a little different. Thought I would show it to the repairman when he came, problem, kept saying he was busy, maybe next week.

So anyways ended up replacing it and found that it was a little bigger, but at least had lights. Figured good temp fix, but wife figured fixed, good enough, and stopped trying to contact the repairman. Now she tells not bright enough.

So figured would replace and put old one in outside kitchen. Just shocked at the price increase. Was going to do the NK road trip and check pricing, but after reading about the start of road construction, think I will wait a bit.
Going not the problem, its the coming back. The old "can't get there from here" problem.

Might check at Home Pro, just want to be sure not paying double. Otherwise will buy from BK, for don't think you can find that exact remote here in UD.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 29, 2017, 8:04 am

kopkei wrote:
August 29, 2017, 7:32 am
try to go look at the shop next to the yamaha motorbike shop at the corner of thung si muang , it is on the left side 20m inside the side street , they sell quality fans (limited choice) ,and have many spare parts too, another place for fans is the other global house on the road to khon kaen , they seemed to have more choice than the one on the ring road and better priced (2.500/3.500)..as info.. ;)
Thanks

think I will give global house on the road to khon kaen a shot. Should solve traffic problem.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 30, 2017, 9:13 am

Global House on the road to KK. Ya, prices seem to be between 2.4k to 4k - Hard to tell brand names, asked if had SunLight, girl said brand is StarLight. I passed

X off the to do list. Ran wire so all 4 light at once.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » August 30, 2017, 9:45 am

hi RL ,
you can look here http://ceifan.com/product-category/sunlight/
maybe you can leave them a mail to ask where suppliers in udon ?
the shop near yamaha for sure ,as all 4 fans in our home now are sunlight or compass east (same company)bought 5 years ago... ;)

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 30, 2017, 11:48 am

Online Shopping Lazada.co.th

I had looked before but didn't find much This time searched by brand and found this and more
Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 11.42.21.png
on way out so no more time

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 30, 2017, 2:10 pm

kopkei wrote:
August 30, 2017, 9:45 am
hi RL ,
you can look here http://ceifan.com/product-category/sunlight/
maybe you can leave them a mail to ask where suppliers in udon ?
the shop near yamaha for sure ,as all 4 fans in our home now are sunlight or compass east (same company)bought 5 years ago... ;)
Thats the place I post above (the 1st pictures maybe on page 2). I used their contact page and got the above replies with prices and shipment costs. More expensive than Lazada and Lazada is free shipping, so the better by far.
Last edited by RLTrader on August 30, 2017, 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 30, 2017, 2:24 pm

RLTrader wrote:
August 28, 2017, 8:49 pm

I figure I can use this old fan in the outside kitchen, the one that was there died years ago, thinking the dust that comes in from the road. Just stop working, so took it down and trashed it. If I had known that prices had more than tripled just might have sent it to a shop. Dam, should have at lease kept it for parts. :roll:
Above needs correction
Was outside yesterday and was sipping a scotch thinking fans and I remembered it wasn't the outside kitchen fan that died. It was the inside kitchen fan with no lights that died, maybe not a SunLight? So I replaced it with the outside kitchen fan which is a SunLight. So it had nothing to do with dust. :D

ezrider
udonmap.com

Post by ezrider » August 30, 2017, 4:49 pm

get metal or rigid plastic blades 48" with a single central light:remote control. most of the crap out there are 5 light dust/cobweb collectors and blades made of sawdust, stickers & glue. spend a bit more for a bit of quality.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 30, 2017, 7:29 pm

ezrider wrote:
August 30, 2017, 4:49 pm
get metal or rigid plastic blades 48" with a single central light:remote control. most of the crap out there are 5 light dust/cobweb collectors and blades made of sawdust, stickers & glue. spend a bit more for a bit of quality.
Like this
IMG_8540-2.jpeg
Ultra quiet, LED light, 6 speed forward and reverse, with a DC motor so 1/10th the running cost of AC fans.
I've just installed 2 of them in our living room.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”