Visa Question

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Visa Question

Post by newtovillagelife » July 9, 2024, 8:29 am

Hi all, I am currently back in my home country, but on a non o retirement visa. My visa expires on Aug. 23, but I will be returning to Thailand at the end of July( I have a reentry permit).

My question is, will I get another 90 days before having to extend, or just until my visa expiration(Aug23).

Thanks.

mak
udonmap.com

Re: Visa Question

Post by mak » July 9, 2024, 8:56 am

upon reentry they start counting your 90 days. since your visa expires on aug 23 and you renter in july there is no issue.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 9, 2024, 12:04 pm

Your re-entry permit - assuming it is single entry - will have a "Length of Stay" date stamped in it.

You will need to do your extension by this date.

This is not to be confused with your 90 day report date.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 9, 2024, 4:52 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 9, 2024, 8:29 am
Hi all, I am currently back in my home country, but on a non o retirement visa. My visa expires on Aug. 23, but I will be returning to Thailand at the end of July( I have a reentry permit).

My question is, will I get another 90 days before having to extend, or just until my visa expiration(Aug23).

Thanks.
It very much depends on if you actually have a Non-O visa or an extension of stay

They are not the same thing and the rules are different. What do you have?

If you have an extension of stay (this is not a visa) that expires on Aug 23 with a re-entry permit you will be stamped in to Aug 23.

If you actually have a Non-O multiple entry visa you should not have got a re-entry permit as it is of no benefit to you and you should get 90 days from entry if you got a re-entry permit you will probably have to argue with immigration for them to ignore the permit.

If you had a Non-O single entry visa it is now used and a re-entry permit was required, you will be stamped in to Aug. 23
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2024, 3:46 am

Thanks for clearing that up, I indeed have an extension of stay. I hope there is not a problem, because I am returning on a one way ticket.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 10, 2024, 8:55 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2024, 3:46 am
Thanks for clearing that up, I indeed have an extension of stay. I hope there is not a problem, because I am returning on a one way ticket.
Immigration at the airport will have nothing to say about your one way ticket.

The only people who may say something will be the checkin staff at your departure airport and then only if they do not understand that there is no requirement for anything but a one way ticket as you have a re-entry permit.

FWIW I have only ever had a one way ticket when returning from overseas trips, so it is not just the immigration rule but personal experience. I have been questioned by check in staff who didn’t know their own rules once but they were soon educated by a supervisor.

FWIW My shortest permission to stay stamp was for 3 days entering on a re-entry permit with a one way ticket
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 10, 2024, 11:17 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 10, 2024, 8:55 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
July 10, 2024, 3:46 am
Immigration at the airport will have nothing to say about your one way ticket.

The only people who may say something will be the checkin staff at your departure airport and then only if they do not understand that there is no requirement for anything but a one way ticket as you have a re-entry permit.

FWIW I have only ever had a one way ticket when returning from overseas trips, so it is not just the immigration rule but personal experience. I have been questioned by check in staff who didn’t know their own rules once but they were soon educated by a supervisor.

FWIW My shortest permission to stay stamp was for 3 days entering on a re-entry permit with a one way ticket
Thanks, for the info, puts my mind at ease.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”