fatbob
udonmap.com

Re: Donald Trump within a few days of criminal charges

Post by fatbob » April 6, 2023, 10:29 am

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 6, 2023, 9:36 am
glalt wrote:
April 6, 2023, 9:09 am
It's simply dirty politics. Time will tell if anything will come of it.Trump admits that he pays as little taxes as possible. The tax code has so many loopholes that it is even possible that it will turn out to be perfectly legal.
The Trump Organization was already found guilty last year of tax fraud and had to pay taxes owed, interest, and a penalty of over $1 million. There’s nothing legal about it, and the Trump’s know it. The only question is whether it’s a felony or a misdemeanor. That’s Eric thinks his dad should get a “pass” because of who he is. That’s why his lawyer, Cohen, did time in club Fed, because it wasn’t legal. Good to know that you support tax cheats.

And you are correct, he has all these legal loopholes at his disposal but he feels the need to cheat to get more. A true American hero.
And all big business doe's it so whats new, there will be a loop hole he'll get off.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 6, 2023, 10:40 am

fatbob wrote:
April 6, 2023, 10:29 am
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 6, 2023, 9:36 am
glalt wrote:
April 6, 2023, 9:09 am
It's simply dirty politics. Time will tell if anything will come of it.Trump admits that he pays as little taxes as possible. The tax code has so many loopholes that it is even possible that it will turn out to be perfectly legal.
The Trump Organization was already found guilty last year of tax fraud and had to pay taxes owed, interest, and a penalty of over $1 million. There’s nothing legal about it, and the Trump’s know it. The only question is whether it’s a felony or a misdemeanor. That’s Eric thinks his dad should get a “pass” because of who he is. That’s why his lawyer, Cohen, did time in club Fed, because it wasn’t legal. Good to know that you support tax cheats.

And you are correct, he has all these legal loopholes at his disposal but he feels the need to cheat to get more. A true American hero.
And all big business doe's it so whats new, there will be a loop hole he'll get off.
Tell that to his lawyer, who I believe did three (3) years in prison for this fraud. It wasn't a loophole, he falsified business records, and its not the first time he has been caught doing it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 6, 2023, 2:49 pm

One would hope trial.by jury should end with a just decision, but that is not always the case

In an infamous trial 30 years ago the Qld premier took a bribe from.a developer. At the first trial the developer was found guilty of bribing the Premier, Bjelke Peterson.

At the second trial, Bjelke Peterson's trial for pejury relating to this and other matters was aborted as the jury was not unanimous. It was later revealed that the jury forman was the equivalent of a MAGA supporter for Peterson. The other jurors complained about his bullying etc, but nothing was done and as Peterson was considered to old to be tried again

With the number of MAGA supporters in the USA, could history repeat itself?
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 6, 2023, 4:40 pm

Be great when he's President again...

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 6, 2023, 5:17 pm

Don’t care if he does or not, just as long as the tax cheat and his company have to pay all the taxes they owe, with penalties and interest.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 6, 2023, 10:18 pm

There's no doubt in my mind that he did what he's charged with. Of course proving it in court by admissible evidence is a different story. Even if found guilty, however, I doubt that he'll see prison. For the amount of money involved, these types of offenses usually result in a fine and having to pay any taxes that are owed plus interest.

In case anyone's interested, here's some additional information: https://manhattanda.org/district-attorn ... d-j-trump/

And here's the actual indictment: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ctment.pdf

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 7, 2023, 10:04 am

Udon Map wrote:
April 6, 2023, 10:18 pm
There's no doubt in my mind that he did what he's charged with. Of course proving it in court by admissible evidence is a different story. Even if found guilty, however, I doubt that he'll see prison. For the amount of money involved, these types of offenses usually result in a fine and having to pay any taxes that are owed plus interest.

In case anyone's interested, here's some additional information: https://manhattanda.org/district-attorn ... d-j-trump/

And here's the actual indictment: https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... ctment.pdf
I wonder when Bush senior will be charged for the invasion of Iraq with falsiefied information of weapons of mass destruction leading to the invasion and the death's of so many? Far more serious than tax fraud which all companys do, thats why they employ the bean counters to find loop holes in the tax system. This is just a witch hunt because there sh-t scared he will become president again.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 7, 2023, 10:32 am

fatbob wrote:
April 7, 2023, 10:04 am
Udon Map wrote:

I wonder when Bush senior will be charged for the invasion of Iraq with falsiefied information of weapons of mass destruction leading to the invasion and the death's of so many? Far more serious than tax fraud which all companys do, thats why they employ the bean counters to find loop holes in the tax system. This is just a witch hunt because there sh-t scared he will become president again.
But, but, but. How is tax fraud a witch hunt? Everybody does it so it is ok? Trumps bean counter, Weisselberg, plead guilty and is doing 5 months in jail and the Trump Organization was found guilty last year in that tax fraud case. Was that a witch hunt?

And there’s a difference in using legal tax loopholes and committing fraud, but apparently you can’t distinguish between the two.

Make sure you donate to the billionaires cause to fight this injustice.

And it wasn't Bush senior who was POTUS when the US invaded Iraq.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on April 7, 2023, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2023, 11:12 am

I think fatbob has a very valid point. Tax fraud is tax fraud, Trump should be prosecuted for everything he has ever done, the man is a menace and a threat to America's fragile democracy, or what is left of it.

But even Trumps many crimes in my view are not at the same level as war criminals like Bush, Blair and Howard.

The flaw in fatbob's thinking, is crimes should not be protected if ever in the world, there is a bigger crime that went unpunished. On that basis, what Hitler and Stalin and Hirohito did makes all other crimes impervious to prosecute.
Best being part of this forum by placing the intellectual challenged on foes list. A lot less post to read and a great time saver.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 7, 2023, 11:43 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 5, 2023, 12:17 pm
The process of draining the swamp has begun. 👍
Nice. I know what you are doing.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 7, 2023, 4:09 pm

Kenr6583 wrote:
April 7, 2023, 10:32 am
fatbob wrote:
Udon Map wrote:

But, but, but. How is tax fraud a witch hunt? Everybody does it so it is ok? Trumps bean counter, Weisselberg, plead guilty and is doing 5 months in jail and the Trump Organization was found guilty last year in that tax fraud case. Was that a witch hunt?

And there’s a difference in using legal tax loopholes and committing fraud, but apparently you can’t distinguish between the two.

Ummmmm, when the conflict first started, through corrupt UN officials ie Butler looking for weapons of mass destruction which never existed Bush senior was el president. The son followed dear dad....

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2023, 4:44 pm

The UN officials were not corrupt they said there were no WMD

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » April 7, 2023, 4:45 pm

fatbob wrote:
April 7, 2023, 4:09 pm
Kenr6583 wrote:
April 7, 2023, 10:32 am
fatbob wrote:
Udon Map wrote:

Ummmmm, when the conflict first started, through corrupt UN officials ie Butler looking for weapons of mass destruction which never existed Bush senior was el president. The son followed dear dad....
You need to check your history books. The conflict started in 2003. Butler became a UN inspector in 1997. January 20, 1993, was the elder Bush’s last day as POTUS.

Ummmmmm

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 7, 2023, 6:32 pm

This thread is about Donald Trump. His crimes, misdemeanours, etc have nothing to do with the Bush family, the father, the son or even the holy ghost

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 7, 2023, 7:08 pm

fatbob wrote:
Udon Map wrote:

Classic diversionary tactic by someone who knows that s/he is on the losing side of an argument. I see it all the time in my U.S. life as a divorce litigator.

Husband: I have discovered that you've been having an affair with our neighbor, Fred.

Wife: Well, what about the fact that you sold my mother's pearl's without asking me or even letting me know?

No. They're completely separate things which can/should be discussed separately. One doesn't offset or justify the other.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2023, 7:23 pm

I'm trying my best to keep up with the DJT story, but am having problems trying to understand how I keep being told that Trump is "innocent until proven guilty", when as far as I remember he has already been found guilty by the court when they convicted his lawyer. If the lawyer was guilty of a crime, Trump has to have been guilty, or there wouldnt have been a crime in the first place to try the lawyer for

confused of blighty

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 8, 2023, 11:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:
April 7, 2023, 7:23 pm
I'm trying my best to keep up with the DJT story, but am having problems trying to understand how I keep being told that Trump is "innocent until proven guilty", when as far as I remember he has already been found guilty by the court when they convicted his lawyer. If the lawyer was guilty of a crime, Trump has to have been guilty, or there wouldnt have been a crime in the first place to try the lawyer for

confused of blighty
Stat, the oft quoted statement 'the law is an ass' is very, very true. There is no such thing as simple justice.

It is increasingly technical, abounds in loopholes, it has a judiciary that has lost touch with society's wishes, it is self serving and ranges from slightly corrupt to massively corrupt, with the USA at least half way down that slippery slope.

Trump could walk Scot free if the defence lead failed to brush his teeth the morning before the trial commences.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 9, 2023, 11:11 am

The trial is set to commence in January 2024, and the chances of Trump attempting more delaying tactics, are approximately one million to one odds-on.

The chances of Trump being charged with more serious offences before this matter goes to trial, a near certainty.

The chances of the septuagenarian Trump delaying trial by feigning or experiencing a major health issue, a short-priced favorite.

An inconvenient demise is not out of the question.

IMHO this trial may never happen.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » April 9, 2023, 6:40 pm

There are increasing complaints on Twitter from Trump supporters that he's being treated unfairly harshly compared to Sam Bankman-Fried, when his offense wasn't nearly as serious. I don't see it. They were both indicted, both being prosecuted, both out on bail. Bankman-Fried's bail conditions are much more severe than Trump's. AFAICT, Trump supporters feel that any prosecution of their guy for anything is unfair.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » April 9, 2023, 6:47 pm

Polish_20230409_064527498.jpg

Return to “U.S. Politics”