Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

fdimike
udonmap.com

Re: Corona Virus / COVID-19 Important Information

Post by fdimike » August 13, 2021, 8:04 pm

The dates in the email are what caught my eye because some had already passed. I may stop into BH tomorrow for a chat to see what's going on.

An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » August 13, 2021, 8:40 pm

I just looked at the Line Shop for ordering. If you look at the instructions for placing an order, it asks for a shipping address. Why would they need a shipping address if it is administered by Bangkok Hospital? Also if you open the link it advertises a number of other items.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 13, 2021, 11:30 pm

^ With regard to your earlier post, if the private hospitals haven't received enough deposits for the Moderna and can't pay the GPO for the Moderna then the GPO (Government Procrastination Office) doesn't order the Moderna.

No?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 14, 2021, 6:43 am

So to clarify .. BKKUDH are now asking for payment for a second modified version Moderna vac when the thousands of people who have already paid for the first version havent had it yet and dont know when will get it .. smacks of a piss take to me

Heres latest email sent out by BKKUDH .. note the change of dates from previous.

Because at present, the coronavirus has mutated. This makes it necessary to develop vaccines to help build a more appropriate and healthy immune system.

The Association of Private Hospitals is in the process of opening reservations for the 2nd Moderna vaccine against COVID-19 and will be used to inject the immune system in 2022 with this second-generation vaccine. It has developed the strains of the covid virus to be more suitable. Therefore, Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to provide information for you to consider as detailed below.

1. The vaccine to be reserved is the Moderna Lot 2 vaccine.

2. The hospital must notify the total number of vaccination orders to private hospital associations by 28 July 2021.

3. The private hospital must sign a contract with the Government Pharmaceutical Organization on August 10, 2021, and pay for all vaccines booked by August 16, 2021.

4. The manufacturer will deliver the vaccine around May 2022 – November 2022 when Bangkok Hospital Udon has received the vaccine. Vaccination appointments will be scheduled with the vaccination prescriber in accordance with the vaccine payment order.

5. A Reservation expresses an intention to pre-book vaccines from the Pharmaceutical Organization. Therefore, the private hospital association cannot guarantee the amount that can be provided, including the time limit for delivery.

6. If there is a need to buy more than the number of vaccines that the Government Pharmaceutical Organization has, the allocation is based on the discretion of the Board of the Private Hospital Association.

7. The schedule is subject to change as appropriate.

8. The vaccine is administered in two doses with two injections approximately 4 weeks apart from the first dose (data has not been confirmed by the vaccine manufacturer).

9. *Vaccine subscribers should consider the benefits that will be gained from prescribing in comparison to Various risks that may arise, such as There may be vaccines made by other vaccine manufacturers that are better or more suitable, and in cases where there may be oral drugs used to treat the coronavirus vaccine (as with Tamiflu/Oseltamivir used to treat bird flu). The vaccine is used against the coronavirus. It is something that the market is in short supply of and it takes a long time to order and receive the vaccine*

In Conclusion:

1. If you require to order Moderna vaccine Lot. 2, please consider the following:
Please make a booking via the link: https://shop.line.me/@226nkcrf/product/321061220

2. The booking price is 1,650 baht/dose and is inclusive of insurance in case of an allergic reaction to vaccines and other service fees as specified by The Private Hospital Association of Thailand. However, this price is a temporary setting. The actual price will be determined by The Private Hospital Association of Thailand, which may result in the hospital having to refund the price reduction or the person booking having to add money. (This case is less likely to occur.)

3. The hospital reserves the right to refund in all cases because the hospital has to transfer the subscription money to the Government Pharmaceutical Organization, but if later you do not require to be vaccinated, you can transfer the right to others to receive vaccination instead within the time specified by the hospital.

4. Moderna vaccine Lot.2 has a limited number and booking period. Therefore, please carefully consider all the details that the hospital has presented above. The hospital reserves the right to refund the booking price if the hospital has been allocated insufficient vaccines for the amount ordered. The hospital will consider the sequence of time for transferring money for the vaccine reservation.

5. The government has allocated the COVID-19 vaccine to the general public "without cost". Booking the COVID-19 vaccine with private hospitals is one option that people can choose to receive services, "but you have to be responsible for your own expenses."

Bangkok Hospital Udon would like to express its gratitude for your trust. We are delighted to offer what is beneficial to you with complete openness and transparency for the benefit of service recipients.

Kind regards,

International Coordinator

Bangkok Hospital Udon

Tel: +66 42 188 999 Ext. 1450, 1158

Office Hours: 7:00 am – 8:00 pm

Description: Description: BUD
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » August 14, 2021, 8:31 am

if its a fraud/scam it should have hit the news already...
Dave

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 14, 2021, 9:11 am

This is hilarious. If you didn't learn never to pay for anything up front in Thailand with a few weeks of living here, you're denser than a bucketful of osmium.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 14, 2021, 9:16 am

Why doesn't the government order vaccines for everyone? If there are any unused vaccines as the expiry approaches, they can donate them to Laos or Myanmar.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » August 14, 2021, 10:56 am

I did a bit of research about Moderna second generation of Covid vaccine. The best that I could find was a notice in Jul that Moderna was looking to enter human trials with a follow-on vaccine. I don't particularly trust the email from BUD.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 14, 2021, 11:13 am

The Covid-19 Rajabhat walk-in clinic experience.
Place - Rajabhat University, Si Suk rd entrance.
Hours  - We were told from 8 AM, we arrived at 07:45 the place was already crowded.
What you need  -  Passport, a Thai speaker, patience.
Time required -  about 90 minutes.
The system is well designed, managed and very efficient, easy to follow. Friendly  staff .Once registration is completed -  staff entering your data in the system and giving you a number  - you move by row from one station to the next, the last is where they print your next appointment ( second dose ).
N.B. The noise level is deafening.
N.B. Free bottled water.
N.B. Personal note. After listening to the Thai FA speaker, I decided to go this morning because I did wish to wait for the possible Pfizer shot without a minimum of protection. My second jab is scheduled for September 03.
Stay safe.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 14, 2021, 11:31 am

^ which vaccine did they administer today?
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 14, 2021, 12:04 pm

Correction: In my above post it should read <<Because i did NOT wish to wait >>
Vaccine administered today - Sinovac.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 14, 2021, 12:04 pm

Thanks
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 14, 2021, 2:00 pm

the-monk wrote:
August 14, 2021, 12:04 pm
Correction: In my above post it should read <<Because i did NOT wish to wait >>
Vaccine administered today - Sinovac.
Did they tell you what your second dose would be ?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 14, 2021, 2:11 pm

Be thankful the covid shots only cost 3.4K bht
Just enquired about hen pox shots for the family, need 2 shots at 3.5k a go times 4 kids and the wife
The reason I was going to shoot them all is Pa got shingles gave the hen pox virus to wife's sister
As an adult can be very bad
She was hospitalized yesterday
Today Pa was booked into the James Bond room (room 007) nice view

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2021, 2:21 pm

tamada wrote:
August 13, 2021, 11:30 pm
^ With regard to your earlier post, if the private hospitals haven't received enough deposits for the Moderna and can't pay the GPO for the Moderna then the GPO (Government Procrastination Office) doesn't order the Moderna.

No?
Not only is the Government Procrastination Office sitting on vaccine orders from the private sector, they have apparently parked the other buttock on the procurement of rapid lateral flow kit purchases that were already approved.

Makes sense to me. Why waste good jet fighter money buying tests for a malaise that you aren't providing any vaccines for?

Covid test kit purchase postponed over quality concerns

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... y-concerns
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 14, 2021, 3:20 pm

noosard wrote:
August 14, 2021, 2:11 pm
Be thankful the covid shots only cost 3.4K bht
Just enquired about hen pox shots for the family, need 2 shots at 3.5k a go times 4 kids and the wife
The reason I was going to shoot them all is Pa got shingles gave the hen pox virus to wife's sister
As an adult can be very bad
She was hospitalized yesterday
Today Pa was booked into the James Bond room (room 007) nice view
Was it a view to a kill by any chance ?

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » August 14, 2021, 4:36 pm

the-monk wrote:
August 14, 2021, 11:13 am
Hours  - We were told from 8 AM, we arrived at 07:45 the place was already crowded.
The system is well designed, managed and very efficient, easy to follow. Friendly  staff .Once registration is completed -  staff entering your data in the system and giving you a number  - you move by row from one station to the next, the last is where they print your next appointment ( second dose ).
N.B. Free bottled water.
N.B. Personal note. After listening to the Thai FA speaker, I decided to go this morning because I did wish to wait for the possible Pfizer shot without a minimum of protection. My second jab is scheduled for September 03.
Stay safe.
Thanks for the report. Did you get a call or have an appointment? I did not, just showed up. However, was told Thai wife would need to wait for a call. Kind of surprised they don’t seem to use the Line App which sends me Covid psa graphics every day.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 14, 2021, 4:54 pm

the-monk wrote:
August 14, 2021, 11:13 am
N.B. Free bottled water.
Stay safe.
Would take a pen as well
Did one afternoon and it was most of that afternoon which was hot packed and noisy
Was given multiple bottles of fluid, and some paracetamol after the jab

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 16, 2021, 1:46 pm

Thai Government presentation in English (Facebook)
August 16 Monday
News about Foreigners receving vaccines in Khon Kean, coming your way

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/vi ... 7493423564

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 17, 2021, 6:57 pm

Additioanl mtg review from Aug 16th English version

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=sea ... government

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”