posting a classified ad

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
goodybags
udonmap.com

posting a classified ad

Post by goodybags » January 16, 2009, 5:32 pm

hi I posted 2 classified ads last night
but cant see them yet, was wondering if they are waiting for approval ?
or is something not right?
thanks

arjay
udonmap.com

Re: posting a classified ad

Post by arjay » January 16, 2009, 5:40 pm

Goodybags, I can't see any either. I don't know where you actually posted them, but the following link is to the Classifieds section:-

http://www.udonmap.com/classifieds/index.php

and this link is to the second step in placing an Ad:-

http://www.udonmap.com/classifieds/uploadproduct.php

goodybags
udonmap.com

Post by goodybags » January 16, 2009, 11:20 pm

OK
:wave:
have just re done and posted ad,
so hopefully will appear,
posted in general merchandise,

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » February 20, 2009, 4:11 pm

Excuse me Arjay but I went to the 2 links you've posted above and have a problem. The 1st one shows many classified ads but doesn't have a link to post NEW ads. The 2nd link simply says, 'No uploads are allowed'.

Since I'll be leaving in a month or so, I'd like to offer my home for rent. What's the procedure? :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 20, 2009, 4:23 pm

Paka I am not very familiar with the classified section. I think this will do you though..

http://www.udonmap.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=117

I think you have to 'log on' again first (same ID & password as for the forum) then click on "Write Ad".

Lee changed the complete classified bit with the move to the new server & I think that is why RJ's links do not work any more...

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 20, 2009, 4:38 pm

On the front page (http://www.udonmap.com) click 'free classifieds' on the right or in the Udon Guide drop down menu. Then click 'Write Ad' and follow the on screen instructions.

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » February 20, 2009, 6:05 pm

Thanks Lee and Bob, I've posted my ad and will wait to hear how I pay for the 'top' billing :lol:

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 21, 2009, 6:57 am

Personally I don't like the new classified format.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 21, 2009, 12:01 pm

What exactly don't you like?

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 21, 2009, 6:16 pm

Remember these are only my personal feelings.

First I don't like the advertising down both sides, I realise this is the same format as the UM.com site but I find it makes the classifieds ads too small.
Whereas I agree it's good to have the 'Recent Photoads' at the top I do not think local businesses should be included, I use the classified section to look for classified ads like items for sale. wanted etc etc. Plus given my first point above all I'm getting is local businesses doubled up.
When you click on 'All Ads' you go to a completely different format which seems to be again local businesses. There doesn't seem to be any list of 'All Ads' merely a top 20 business ads and a search engine.
BTW - Have you removed some classified ad sections, local jobs I can't see anywhere. I was about to advertise for a new livein maid but couldn't, doesn't matter as we found a replacement anyway.
When I switch from the forum to the classifieds, which is the way I view the site, I find I'm no longer logged in when I get to the classifieds and need to log in again.
I do like the map on the individual classifieds but I think when the address cannot be found nothing should be shown rather than the default Bay Area of Ca.

These are my first thoughts, I must say since the change in format I've not really looked at the classifieds as much. Overall I must say I much prefered the old format where the classifieds were a part of the forum where the individual ad was the same size as a thread and there were no local business advertising thrust at me.

I would just like to reiterate these are just my personal thoughts

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 21, 2009, 6:38 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Remember these are only my personal feelings.
Thanks for your opinions, as always it's appreciated.
Kudjap or Bust wrote:First I don't like the advertising down both sides, I realise this is the same format as the UM.com site but I find it makes the classifieds ads too small.
Fair comment. Also If you click on the photos it will show them in full size ;)
Kudjap or Bust wrote:Whereas I agree it's good to have the 'Recent Photoads' at the top I do not think local businesses should be included, I use the classified section to look for classified ads like items for sale. wanted etc etc. Plus given my first point above all I'm getting is local businesses doubled up.
We're currently in the process of adding sponsors to the classifieds which is kind of like a business index, so it will be easier for visitors to find information. New adverts are automatically listed at the top, however this will only be for a short while. After then it will be mostly classified adverts.
Kudjap or Bust wrote:When you click on 'All Ads' you go to a completely different format which seems to be again local businesses. There doesn't seem to be any list of 'All Ads' merely a top 20 business ads and a search engine.
All ads is an RSS feed format for fast viewing of the latest adverts. This RSS feed can be bookmarked and added to your browser for easier viewing of the latest adverts. I'll be adding a standard view later, it's still work in progress.
Kudjap or Bust wrote:BTW - Have you removed some classified ad sections, local jobs I can't see anywhere. I was about to advertise for a new livein maid but couldn't, doesn't matter as we found a replacement anyway.
I'll be adding that too (work in progress).
Kudjap or Bust wrote:When I switch from the forum to the classifieds, which is the way I view the site, I find I'm no longer logged in when I get to the classifieds and need to log in again.
This is still being worked on as discussed on the other thread about moving hosts.
Kudjap or Bust wrote:I do like the map on the individual classifieds but I think when the address cannot be found nothing should be shown rather than the default Bay Area of Ca.
Again, work in progress. I'm currently working on a better system that allows the user to click the map location rather than enter an address for Google to locate. This will be better since street name spellings are not consistent in Udon.
Kudjap or Bust wrote:Overall I must say I much prefered the old format where the classifieds were a part of the forum where the individual ad was the same size as a thread and there were no local business advertising thrust at me.
The new classifieds is still part of the forum but I'm still working on fixing all the little bugs that crop up. I'm sorry about the business adverts, these will fade out when we finish adding them all

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » February 21, 2009, 6:54 pm

"I was about to advertise for a new livein maid but couldn't,"

Hey Kudjap or bust? How much do you pay? I can cook, wash dishes, clean house/car, I can do anything.
Mortiboy (poorest farang of Udon!)

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 22, 2009, 7:16 am

Lee,
Thanks for the responces, I guess I'm just too picky too early and should sit back and wait til you've ironed out the bugs and completed the WOP. Will keep checking in from time to time to see how things progress. Good luck.

Mortiboy
Thanks for the offer, much appreciated but we've fouind a new girlie now.......... Not sure it would be the same having a guy from Slough cleaning my house in a pinny and mini skirt................lol

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 27, 2009, 7:30 am

Lee,
Classifieds are looking much better now the business ads have been removed from the sides..........see I should have waited before posting huh......

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”