Buying/selling vehicles by ex-pats

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
Udon farang
udonmap.com

Buying/selling vehicles by ex-pats

Post by Udon farang » January 17, 2007, 6:12 pm

Today I drove from Udon to Nong Khai to acquire letters from Immigration to both, sell my current motorbike, and to buy a new one. I had all the necessary paperwork, including signed copies of the housebook and signed copies of my landlords ID. I was curtly advised that it was necessary for my landlord to appear in person to vouch for my residency.

Now I have lived in the same house for over 2 years. In that time I have purchased a pick-up truck..... and sold it. Bought Honda Phantom and sold that too. Now currently own a Toyota Altis, Suzuki motorcycle (800cc) and a Yamaha (135cc). I have "NEVER" before had to ask my landlord to leave his work and vouch for my residency.

Have the rules changed? Or was it just my dumb luck to get that ***** that usually works at Aek Udon?

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 17, 2007, 10:18 pm

Suppose your landlord lives abroad ?????
I had that once and my land(lady) lived in Holland.

To get round it - they asked for a copy of the id card of her sister who still lived in Udon.

Even to this day - I have never understood the reasoning behind that one !!!!!!!

Udon farang
udonmap.com

Post by Udon farang » January 18, 2007, 10:55 am

Well.... my landlord does live in Udon..... but he is a busy man. He is the manager of a brokerage firm and cannot just take time off work to accomodate his tenant.

In the previous "5" vehicle transactions all I needed was signed copies of his ID and the house book. Not good enough for that little weasel at Aek Udon.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 18, 2007, 11:01 am

Maybe a drive to NK and dealing with a different IMM person would solve the problem.Did you note the name of the officer that makes his own rules?It would be great to know which one to avoid!

fatbas***d
udonmap.com

Post by fatbas***d » January 19, 2007, 5:45 am

When they come up with these "new" interpretations it only means the greedy little f***kers want their palm greased.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”