Falang's wife owning Land

Thailand laws, tips and advice.
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Falang's wife owning Land

Post by parrot » March 17, 2010, 11:09 am

I think a fatal mistake would be applying any laws that you're familiar with in your home country (US, UK, Australia, etc) and thinking they would apply here. The only good answer that will come to a complicated issue like this would be from a qualified lawyer.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » March 17, 2010, 3:36 pm

parrot wrote:I think a fatal mistake would be applying any laws that you're familiar with in your home country (US, UK, Australia, etc) and thinking they would apply here. The only good answer that will come to a complicated issue like this would be from a qualified lawyer.
We are on the same page, Parrot. As others may not have noted, I added the "(rhetorical)" precisely because I doubt anyone on this board is qualified or knowledgeable enough to know the answer, but thoughts on the issue are always welcomed.

Maaka, you read too much into what isn't there. The hypothetical was spawned from the direction the thread was evolving. Perhaps I outright hijacked it, but whatever. It is a situation that many on this board could potentially relate to which is why I persued it for discussion. So while writing in 2nd person is appreciated, it is not an accurate presumption.

Hey, even though there is no resolution, it is something to ponder while on the potty. ;)

Astana
udonmap.com

Post by Astana » March 17, 2010, 3:56 pm

When you find out the answer to your rhetorical question be sure to let us know as I'm sure everyone on the board wants to know.

Return to “Thailand Law”