Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 9, 2012, 11:02 am

The Spicy Chicken Wraps are a hit. Already had to make up a second batch. Only 75b each, a real bargain!

Bubba

Every day I wake up is a good day.

urban legend

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by urban legend » September 9, 2012, 3:51 pm

BigBubba wrote:***

The Spicy Chicken Wraps are a hit. Already had to make up a second batch. Only 75b each, a real bargain!

Bubba
Sounds nice !! might pop in next week \:D/

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 11, 2012, 4:13 pm

We'll be closed to the general public tomorrow, Wednesday, 12 Sept., from 12 noon to 2PM, for a private luncheon. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bubba

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 12, 2012, 1:45 pm

A big thank you to VFW Post 10249 for your support! I think all who attended the luncheon had a good time and left well fed.

Tomorrow morning... Biscuits and our Home Made Sausage Gravy!!!

Bubba and June

Glen3
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Glen3 » September 13, 2012, 9:16 am

Hey Bubba, my lady and I stopped in to have some of your great food, but it was last Tuesday! I know now that you are closed Monday & Tuesday. I will be in Udon most of next week and I'll be sure to come in and have lunch there one day. I don't get into Udon that often, but I am helping a friend set up his new fitness center near Central Plaza.
Regards, Glen

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 14, 2012, 10:14 am

Back by popular demand... COWBOY STEW! We've had a number of requests over the last few weeks. Now's your chance as we are making our determinations for the new menu next month.

I'm out of ideas for movies. We can watch whatever you like, or just tune to CNN and watch all the excitement in the Middle East... NOT!

It's been a busy week. Thanks to all for your continued support!

Bubba and June

farlong68
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by farlong68 » September 14, 2012, 10:30 am

hey bubba do you ever make tomatoe gravy now thats country...

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 14, 2012, 1:22 pm

farlong68 wrote:hey bubba do you ever make tomatoe gravy now thats country...
Well, I thought I was pretty "country", but you got me on this one! Must admit I've never heard or seen a tomato based "gravy". What's it served with (or on)?

Bubba

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Aardvark » September 14, 2012, 3:28 pm

Usually Spaghetti Bolognese in my experience :-k

Shado
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Shado » September 14, 2012, 4:45 pm

My grandmother (from the Missouri Ozarks) would make tomato gravy from time to time. Typically used bacon or country sausage drippings and home canned tomatoes or tomato juice from the garden. Would use a little white flour for thickening.

Before she had a freezer she used to cold pack meat when they butchered. She would make small sausage balls and fry them off before packing into the jar. Then she would pour the renderd drippings into the mason jar which helped to seal the top. The jars would be put in the cellar. When she took a notion, she would empty a quart jar of the sausage and fat into a cast iron skillet, bring it up to temperature and add a bit of flour. After making the roux she would dump in the tomatoes and season to make the gravy. This was usually served with corn bread.

I've not eaten tomato gravy for years. Hadn't really thought about it until this post.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 14, 2012, 5:55 pm

Tomorrow, Saturday, we'll be celebrating papa Lee's (Berghoff) 39th birthday (AGAIN ;) ). Those who know him and his wife, Dang, are invited to come. We'll be offering 50 baht shots of Jose Cuervo and Heaven Hill Kentucky Bourbon to commemorate this special ocassion!
Lee and I have decided to drink martinis :drunk: I suspect it will be an short day for us old timers.

Heck, even if you don't know Lee, you can come. He's quite the Udon icon!

Bubba

farlong68
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by farlong68 » September 14, 2012, 9:43 pm

good on u and urs and all the good food you are cooking there in udorn me and the better half look forward to our burger fix and breakfast when we visit in 2013....tomatoe gravy is as described earlier a gravy with chicken /bacon/pork chop dripings half a with onion fried this turning gold add flour brown add tomatoe and water bring to boil reduce heat let simmer serve over homemade biscuits...bite you tongue its sooo good u may add peppers with onion for heat...God bless you all john and lek

farlong68
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by farlong68 » September 14, 2012, 10:10 pm

thats a white onion sorry my typing sucks...john

KB_Texas

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by KB_Texas » September 14, 2012, 10:25 pm

farlong68 wrote:good on u and urs and all the good food you are cooking there in udorn me and the better half look forward to our burger fix and breakfast when we visit in 2013....tomatoe gravy is as described earlier a gravy with chicken /bacon/pork chop dripings half a with onion fried this turning gold add flour brown add tomatoe and water bring to boil reduce heat let simmer serve over homemade biscuits...bite you tongue its sooo good u may add peppers with onion for heat.
My mom used to make something similar to this, except she would add green pepper, onions and finely diced celery to it, then braise round steak or the like in it until the juices thickened (no flour). She did not call it tomato gravy though...she called it country steak. Served with fresh baked yeast rolls and mashed or boiled potatoes, it was a very, very good!

KB

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 15, 2012, 12:51 pm

Papa Lee's Birthday Cake:
IMG_4322 (640x461).jpg
Come join us!

It's a nice sunny day. Drop your car off at Beyond Car Care and walk 50 meters to our place. They do a fantastic job. I'm still trying to figure out their pricing because I have customers telling us different prices. I think it depends on the size of your vehicle, but around 140 baht, plus or minus 20 baht. We pay 120 for our Mazda2.

Bubba

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » September 15, 2012, 12:59 pm

It's a nice sunny day. Drop your car off at Beyond Car Care and walk 50 meters to our place. They do a fantastic job. I'm still trying to figure out their pricing because I have customers telling us different prices. I think it depends on the size of your vehicle, but around 140 baht, plus or minus 20 baht. We pay 120 for our Mazda2.

Bubba
Hey Bubba! Don't mean to detract from any discussion of your fine restaurant, but can you tell us what kind of cleaning is included in the 120 baht price at Beyond Car Care. Is that outside, inside with vacuuming, door jams, wheels and wheel shine spray and pressure wash wheel wells, or am I just dreaming?
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by martynsnowman » September 15, 2012, 3:14 pm

semperfiguy wrote:

Bubba
Hey Bubba! Don't mean to detract from any discussion of your fine restaurant, but can you tell us what kind of cleaning is included in the 120 baht price at Beyond Car Care. Is that outside, inside with vacuuming, door jams, wheels and wheel shine spray and pressure wash wheel wells, or am I just dreaming?
they also do motorbikes cracking job , i had my PCX and the mrs,s scoopy done only 50 baht each . and as said before can call in bubba,s for just a quick beer if your not hungry they took about 45 mins to do the cleaning .

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » September 15, 2012, 5:40 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
In America it's what we would call a "detail" job... under hood, door jams, wheel wells, vacuum interior, widows, tire dressing, etc. This would cost you $100...PLUS at home!!! For my F150 I would pay $150 for such a nice job.

As Martyn says, for motorbikes, just 50 baht.

Bubba

Glen3
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Glen3 » September 15, 2012, 7:00 pm

WOW, Bubba!

If I still had Nong's Ribs, you would definitely be my biggest competition!!!

Looks great!

Glen
Regards, Glen

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by FrazeeDK » September 15, 2012, 8:15 pm

Bubba's place is good food, nice location and great conversation... Keep it up Dennis!!
Dave

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”