What Do You Eat?

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Lee Rhodes
udonmap.com

Re: What Do You Eat?

Post by Lee Rhodes » September 16, 2009, 6:28 am

My favourite Sizzler's dish is the Teriyaki chopped steak. Sure is good value if it is imported beef. Served with button mushrooms, fried onions and a slice of cheese (forget what type) on top. I can't help myself and usually go for fries instead of baked potato. Be warned though if you have a lot to eat from the salad bar you will struggle to finish it.

Here Comes Lucy!

keith555
udonmap.com

Post by keith555 » September 16, 2009, 8:43 am

sizzlers has got to be the best value food in Udon,salad bar for 149 bht,all you can eat. Or have the pork steak,or spicy crumbed fish for 169 bht,then you get the salad bar for free!! Great Value. :D :D

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 16, 2009, 3:12 pm

Pizza Company in complex has a salad bar also but buyer beware! Think they charge 89 baht BUT only allow you to go up ONE time. Watching to see how some of the Thai customers handle that and amazing how much and how high they can stack the salad bar items in one of those small bowls. Then take it back to their table and four of them chow down. :lol:

Agree that Sizzler's salad bar is the best in town. Better selection and pig out as much as you want. =P~

I like those tiny eggs and the cherry tomatoes. Wondered where the eggs came from and noticed in another thread that they are quail eggs? Was hoping they weren't from pigeons but doesn't really matter. An egg is an egg or is it? Chicken eggs here just don't taste right, IMHTO.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 16, 2009, 3:50 pm

Yeah Small Quails eggs...very light and creamy........,I bet Cool Hand Luke could manage 300 of those Beauties with no worries......'a night in the box'...... :mrgreen:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 17, 2009, 12:31 pm

I like a good Dim Sim, but I guess many wouldn't know what they are cause they are an Aussie thing. On another thread are some abandoned kittens and they make the best ingredients for a proper Dim Sim :D http://images.google.com.au/images?q=Di ... e&resnum=4 Sorry couldn't help myself :D

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 17, 2009, 12:58 pm

Anyone have any info about eating breakfast on those stalls that set up early morning around nong prajak,what time they set up and finish and what foods available.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » September 17, 2009, 1:09 pm

Are open by 0630 and wrap up about 1000. Many things on offer: Jok (rice soup), fat noodle soup, moo ping, pla ping, ping top (BBQ pork, fish, chicken liver on a stick), sticky rice, pan fried egg, omelet, little sandwiches Vietnamese style with 2 types of pork sausage, smoothies, & fresh squeezed fruit juices watered down with sugar added and something like a Thai donut.

My first choice is Fat noodle soup with a couple Vietnamese style sandwiches and fresh squeezed OJ without water or sugar added.

2nd choice is pan fried eggs with a few sticks of moo ping and pla ping and sticy rice and a cup of Thai coffee.

**and if you order the pan fried egg or omelet don't watch him make it, your arteries will harden as you stand there looking :D

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 17, 2009, 1:35 pm

thanks ....might give it a go

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”