Bubba's Bar & Grill (Sponsor)

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Prenders88 » April 23, 2012, 12:06 pm

The menu looks good, look forward to the opening, as I'm just round the corner from you.
Your Bar and Grill is the ONLY Western place for grub and beer in that road.

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Bertie_Wooster
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Bertie_Wooster » April 23, 2012, 1:28 pm

I hope you have success with the shop.
Bertie_Wooster

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by gudtymchuk » April 23, 2012, 3:12 pm

BigBubba wrote:Menu attached.

H
I don't want to appear defensive right out of the box, but I've seen some pretty vicious attacks here. Maybe attack is too strong a word, but remarks were certainly disparaging and I'm sure taken personally by the "victim".

Our number one goal with this project is to have some fun and meet new people. If we make a little money it would be nice also. :D
Bubba, the menu items and pricing seem very reasonable to me. If your food, atmosphere are top quality you need not worry about those who might be unfairly critical. As we yanks like to say, "don't sweat the small stuff".... Can't wait for your opening. I'm dying to try your Chili and nachos!!!!
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Dr. James
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Dr. James » April 23, 2012, 5:26 pm

Bubba,

I looked over your menu and it appears very reasonable in its pricing and offering. I am looking forward to sampling your menu when I return in three weeks. I hope to see an authentic Texas chili. Tried too many non-American wannabes in Thailand. I wanna see the real deal. Hang in there and do a good job, everything else will work itself out.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » April 23, 2012, 6:38 pm

Thanks to all for the positive words of encouragement. After all, I am accustomed to being liked. See the billboard near my last home in America. (right side in photo) ;) :lol:
Attachments
042.JPG
Pigeon Forge, TN
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » April 23, 2012, 8:32 pm

Bubba, our Friday Lunch Group is chomping at the bit! \:D/

You may not be able to get rid of us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by merchant seaman » April 24, 2012, 5:41 pm

Looking forward to the opening and a proper tex mex chili. Prices seem to be in line with the rest of the expat bars and resturants in Udon, a straight 100% mark up, especially on the drinks

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » April 30, 2012, 10:37 am

Any chance of using another format for the menu, I'm unable to open it.

Nothing better then chili/nachos and some sour cream. Are chili burgers on the menu???

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » April 30, 2012, 10:44 am

Mosquito wrote:Any chance of using another format for the menu, I'm unable to open it.

Nothing better then chili/nachos and some sour cream. Are chili burgers on the menu???
Mosquito, try this!
Attachments
Bubba.doc
(36 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » April 30, 2012, 3:43 pm

Yea, thanks...........Semperfiguy!!!

Root Beer Float, A&W Root Beer???
Like the Bucket of Beer idea, remember similar deals in Singapore and Hong Kong.

Sour Cream and chopped onions???

Really interested in tasting Bubba's Favorite Platter!!!!

pompui
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by pompui » April 30, 2012, 4:47 pm

Thanks also Semper,could not open the original one,menu looks very appetising,hope all goes well on the opening day =D>

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by BigBubba » May 3, 2012, 10:13 am

We're OPEN!!! Finished counter bar installation YESTERDAY... it was supposed to be in 20 April! Oh well, I'm understanding "Thai time" better every day. Big TV not in yet because they brought the wrong wall paper and I don't want to have to mount it twice. Next week on that.

Sorry, don't have another way of uploading menu. Maybe one of the clever folks who come in can take a photo and upload it. In addition to all the other recent frustrations we're now having problems with BOTH our laptops. Mine still has a display driver issue (NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS) rendering it almost unusable. My wife has a short or bad connection with power supply. So any help from computer gurus is appreciated!

Regarding Root Beer... yep, it's A & W. That's what gave me the idea to put them on the menu. We had an A & W drive-in across the street when I was a kid. What I remember is hearing the Everly Brothers "Bye Bye Love" every night when I was trying to sleep.

Hope to see you all soon!

Bubba
Every day I wake up is a good day.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » May 3, 2012, 10:21 am

BigBubba wrote:We're OPEN!!! Finished counter bar installation YESTERDAY... it was supposed to be in 20 April! Oh well, I'm understanding "Thai time" better every day. Big TV not in yet because they brought the wrong wall paper and I don't want to have to mount it twice. Next week on that.

Sorry, don't have another way of uploading menu. Maybe one of the clever folks who come in can take a photo and upload it. In addition to all the other recent frustrations we're now having problems with BOTH our laptops. Mine still has a display driver issue (NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS) rendering it almost unusable. My wife has a short or bad connection with power supply. So any help from computer gurus is appreciated!

Regarding Root Beer... yep, it's A & W. That's what gave me the idea to put them on the menu. We had an A & W drive-in across the street when I was a kid. What I remember is hearing the Everly Brothers "Bye Bye Love" every night when I was trying to sleep.

Hope to see you all soon!

Bubba
Hey Bubba! The wife and I will try to get by this afternoon for lunch. I posted your menu on an earlier post using 97-2003 Word, so that probably enabled those with older software to read it...hopefully! I will post it again here. See you later.
Attachments
Bubba (2).doc
(36 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

rct
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by rct » May 3, 2012, 4:14 pm

I returned home May 1 after three weeks away, went straight to Bubba's and saw the sign on the door, will open May 3.

What truly astonishes me, is how a place not even open can have 50 posts and 2762 views in one month, 104 more views today than yesterday. Merit's mention on INTERESTING FORUM STATISTICS. This will put pressure on them to deliver a dining/hospitality experience that matches this anticipation.

Also surprisingly many views on Coffee Corner as well as "L'Elephant Blanc. If any rebranding, perhaps combine Bubba's with these other two concepts, as the three all seem to hit a beloved chord, for whatever reason.

OK, obviously I also sometimes have too much time on my hands here to dwell on these worldly issues.....

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by semperfiguy » May 3, 2012, 4:49 pm

Okay Bubba, I wasn't able to get by today. Something came up, but I will be there over the next few days, Lord willing!

I'm anxious to hear some reviews of your place, so for all you guys who managed to make it by today...how was it?

rct
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by rct » May 4, 2012, 4:11 pm

After the flurry of activity on this thread, I was expecting many new comments after the grand opening yesterday, particularly on the food which I have not yet seen.

We stopped by for a quick drink with kids having first taste of rootbeer A&W no less, ladies each a 75 baht frozen margarita, and me a soda. Enjoyed chatting with Bubba and a patron. Then after dinner with inlaws at another location which was out of ice cream, we came again so the children could try a Root Beer Float, a real hit. A few more customers had arrived. I'll go again, nice and clean (including Bubba) and rather cozy in size (the interior, not Bubba :) ), great aircon, easy parking, kids liked their drinks. Next time when I am off my diet, for some American comfort food!

parrot
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by parrot » May 4, 2012, 4:26 pm

Bubba, you need to post some photos, especially of a root beer float!

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Mosquito » May 4, 2012, 5:28 pm

I was the patron, did take home (chili dog / BLT / Chili Burger) and had time on my hand so stuck around for a few beers. Around 6:30PM two other Udon regulars showed up, one daughter loved the root beer float......first one for her.

Food (taking into account timing):
Burger with chili on the side (for my chili burger), 3 hours delay in eating it....so will only comment on the chili and burger.....both tasty.
BLT (mid-nite snack), 6 hours later......good for being in the fridge for 3 hours.
Chili Dog (breakfast)..........awesome, in the fridge for close to 12 hours.

Margaritas look good, especially for 75 baht. Might have to try one tomorrow, planning on having a Bubba's Favorite breakfast. Will have a few friends tagging along, maybe 2.......don't have many friends....too old and grumpy.

Ricohoc
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by Ricohoc » May 5, 2012, 3:12 pm

rct wrote:I returned home May 1 after three weeks away, went straight to Bubba's and saw the sign on the door, will open May 3.

What truly astonishes me, is how a place not even open can have 50 posts and 2762 views in one month, 104 more views today than yesterday. Merit's mention on INTERESTING FORUM STATISTICS. This will put pressure on them to deliver a dining/hospitality experience that matches this anticipation.

Also surprisingly many views on Coffee Corner as well as "L'Elephant Blanc. If any rebranding, perhaps combine Bubba's with these other two concepts, as the three all seem to hit a beloved chord, for whatever reason.

OK, obviously I also sometimes have too much time on my hands here to dwell on these worldly issues.....
Not much different than those who were falling all over themselves regarding the Book House. :lol: :lol:

mak
udonmap.com

Bubba's Bar & Grill

Post by mak » May 6, 2012, 10:11 am

Had the omelette for breakfast yesterday. It was excellent. Nice place. Will be back.

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”