Be careful out there

Thailand news, views and comments
tamada
udonmap.com

Be careful out there

Post by tamada » August 6, 2024, 7:41 am

A friend of mine is in ICU after being assaulted by 'security' staff on Pattaya's Soi 6. It looks like a sucker punch with the head trauma being inflicted after the head hits the pavement. No idea if the police have spoken to the suspect, who has been clearly identified in several smartphone clips.

Mark isn't an aggressive guy or a troublemaker. I'm a personal friend of him and his family for over 40 years, he was even my landlord for about three years that we lived there.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/brutal ... aya-467900

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Be careful out there

Post by pipoz4444 » August 16, 2024, 4:47 pm

This maybe not be in Thailand, but street violence happens elsewhere and for no apparent reason

So what do you do with those individuals who deliberately inflict serious injury to others ??, whether it be a Door Bouncer that just goes out of control because he thinks he can (like the one did to Tams friend) or some Street Thug who just decides he wants to maim someone else, for the fun of it, that night as in the Link.

Whether you are a Door Bouncer or a Street Thug, when you hit someone from behind and them stomp on them, your actions are clear and cowardly, but what do the legal systems do, to protect you and what deterrent or message do the Courts actually send to those who inflict harm? [-( [-(

I would suggest in Thailand, this Bouncer will almost walk away without any penalty and show no remorse until the next time he does it, and in Australia it wont be much different, certainly not for the amount of damage that he has inflicted on the other individual. :-k :-k

We live in very sad societies, where the Victim in truly the Victim and the Assailant is automatically given the benefit of the doubt or given a minimal penalty for his actions, due to the ineptitude of legal systems and those who administer them, whether you be in Thailand, Australia or certain European countries.

Hope your friend has improved Tam

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 16, 2024, 8:01 pm

Still in ICU. Stable but mostly unresponsive. Sad.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2024, 1:53 pm

He's now been moved to a hospice, unresponsive and incontinent. The only good news for now is that his insurance is still covering all the bills.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 22, 2024, 2:16 pm

Very sad that a night out can result in this.
Any word that the Thai responsible has been apprehended?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2024, 5:17 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 22, 2024, 2:16 pm
Very sad that a night out can result in this.
Any word that the Thai responsible has been apprehended?
As usual, the Thai media has gone cold on the whole story. I am getting the medical updates via some mutual friends, but I haven't asked them if there's anything being done on the guy who delivered the fatal push. Even the local media reports at the time said that after being pushed, he fell and hurt himself.

"CCTV footage captured the altercation, clearly showing there was no punching involved, only pushing, which led to the tourist falling and injuring himself."

I guess the notion of the often fatal 'back of the head smash' through an indirect assault being punishable, hasn't got any traction here.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 22, 2024, 6:26 pm

I guess the notion of the often fatal 'back of the head smash' through an indirect assault being punishable, hasn't got any traction here.

Would have if it was the other way round. Media would be screaming their outrage until something was done (financial compensation)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 22, 2024, 7:16 pm

AlexO wrote:
August 22, 2024, 6:26 pm

Would have if it was the other way round. Media would be screaming their outrage until something was done (financial compensation)
Correct Alex a la Swiss guy in Phuket to name one of many over the years... two tier policing and justice possibly??

Hope your mate pulls through Tam.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Thailand News”