Will the last person to leave please turn off the light

World news discussion forum
Philip101
udonmap.com

Re: Will the last person to leave please turn off the light

Post by Philip101 » October 7, 2010, 9:07 pm

firsttimeinbangkok,

Countrys are good for different things. Britain/america/germany/france etc are good countrys to work and earn money, enough money to buy a house and retire on a good pension.

Thailand is not, the average wage here is like 400 baht a day. But this makes it good for a place to retire due to everything being relatively cheap. (and the good weather nice people etc etc)

the only reoson i posted that comment is because im sick of brits and americans argueing which countrys better, because you can argue about that all day.

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » October 7, 2010, 10:13 pm

im not racist yes iv lived in many african countries.BUT i am anti muslim. but they arnt a race

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2010, 10:36 pm

When I was at Skool, we had the first BLACK guy in my town in my class (Orvile Oliver Orlando Owen), you couldn't forget a name like that. We were told (aged about 8 or 9) that we couldn't call him black ...... he was coloured (even though he was black as the ace of spades). I started work at 16 and my first boss was West Indian, who I couldn't call coloured (coz he was "black" and proud of it). Later in life I got to the stage where I interviewed and employed people who would work for my "team". I employed a guy called Asim Khan and and a (sari wearing) lady called Lila Patel in my team of ten people, because they were the best people for the job that needed to be done. They had the basic knowledge of the job, and in my opinion, were the best people to do the job.
I left my employ when told by a member of our "human resources" team, that I HAD to employ a black guy, who had no knowledge/intrest in the job, because our 40,000+ employees did not have enough "ethnic minorities" on our payroll ......... thank you BRITISH RAILWAYS/National rail, I wouldn't be in Thailand without you.

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » October 7, 2010, 10:39 pm

Thats School, not Skool...........you employed people....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2010, 10:52 pm

When I woz 8 .......... it woz sKool

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » October 7, 2010, 10:54 pm

Point taken, I stand corrected.

Banjo
udonmap.com
Location: Surfing with Eudyptula minor, shooting vermin or philandering in a Soi

Post by Banjo » October 7, 2010, 11:00 pm

stattointhailand wrote: we had the first BLACK guy in my town in my class (Orvile Oliver Orlando Owen), you couldn't forget a name like that. We were told (aged about 8 or 9) that we couldn't call him black ...... he was coloured (even though he was black as the ace of spades).
..... and I guess he couldn't be called the 'Big O' either :guitar:

"Only the lonely ................"

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » October 8, 2010, 1:14 pm

charlie williams was not racist.i wonder how he would go on now if he was on stage.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 8, 2010, 3:33 pm

Firsttimebangkok , i choose to live in Thailand for numerous reasons , i realise i am of course in a minority with few or no rights BUT i like my style of life her and dont rape n pilage the welfare system here as there arnt any benitits to claim no dole , winter fuel , child benefit , and all the subsistances that are readily available in old blighty AND TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF BY ALL THE LAZY IDLE SODS OF ALL NATIONALITIES THAT DONT WANT TO WORK , just look at the crime rate !! Britain is well and truly screwed IMO

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » October 8, 2010, 5:12 pm

MALC wrote:charlie williams was not racist.i wonder how he would go on now if he was on stage.

britain is well n truely , fcked . along with what used to be our wealthy european cousins .
germany , france ,italy .
that wa b4 , the EEU , was formed , {the biggest, european economic bollok,EVER ]
and the burden has fallen on us , to feed the poor lazy bstds .

so many people of british origin , are leaving their homeland at a pace .understanably so.

i am a foreigner living in thailand , which i now call my home . :-k

[Mode Note:
Some text removed as it infringes Rule 13 of the Forum as well as having nothing to do with the OP - which is about the UK]

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » October 8, 2010, 7:28 pm

I agree Britain is screwed, and its own welfare system is much to blame. Sad once the proud British Empire reduced to a pathetic Isle. What goes around comes around I guess.

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 9, 2010, 9:31 am

I saddens me to see the state of
firsttimebangkok wrote:I agree Britain is screwed, and its own welfare system is much to blame. Sad once the proud British Empire reduced to a pathetic Isle. What goes around comes around I guess.
It too saddens me the state Britain is in and i fear it gonna get alot worse b4 it gets better , the past and current generations are really leaving their offspring a right old mess to sort out , Just talked to my daughter celebrating her 24 th birthday on a coast to coast trip off the USA and this subjaect came up "quote" dad ive been through uni managed to get an ok office job with the council and write for the local newspaper but most of my friends havent been so lucky , the UK is so exspensive , dangerous and more so depressing nowadays - please tell the people on the forum not to worry i will turn off the light as i leave which will be ASAP.

As a footnote my daughter is by no means a racist but she does blame alot of the UKs problems with the influx of immigrants taking all the lower paid jobs , and bleeding the benefit system etc , i think she must be the brains of the family and put me in my place telling me off for describing certain ethics as ragheads - sorry luv done it again !!

mash

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pienmash » October 9, 2010, 9:47 am

I know what you fellas that have met me are thinking ?? mr mash doesnt look old enuff to have a 24 year old daughter - reply WE START YOUNG IN SUNNY SCUNNY and the seed quality is the best in the world !!

firsttimebangkok
udonmap.com

Post by firsttimebangkok » October 9, 2010, 10:07 am

Not sure you can blame the immigrants. Who let them in???? The British government, the British people. If Britons were prepared to take the low paying jobs, then I guess you wouldn't have that issue. You can't have things both ways.

Return to “World News”