Bank holidays in Thailand for 2015

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 12, 2014, 2:29 am

List of the official bank holidays in Thailand remaining for 2014 and the new ones for 2015 (from the Bank of Thailand):

2014 Holidays:
  • 13.   Thursday 23 October - Chulalongkorn Day
    14.   Friday 5 December - H.M. an individual's Birthday
    15.   Wednesday 10 December - Constitution Day
    16.   Wednesday 31 December - New Year’s Eve
2015 Holidays:
  • 1.   Thursday 1 January - New Year’s Day 
    2.   Friday 2 January - Special holiday
    3.   Wednesday 4 March - Makha Bucha Day
    4.   Monday 6 April - Chakri Day
    5.   Monday 13 April - Songkran Festival
    6.   Tuesday 14 April - Songkran Festival  
    7.   Wednesday 15 April - Songkran Festival  
    8.   Friday 1 May - National Labour Day
    9.   Tuesday 5 May - Coronation Day 
    10.   Monday 1 June - Wisakha Bucha Day
    11.   Wednesday 1 July - Mid Year Closing Day
    12.   Thursday 30 July - Asarnha Bucha Day 1/
    13.   Wednesday 12 August - H.M. the Queen’s Birthday
    14.   Friday 23 October - Chulalongkorn Day
    15.   Monday 7 December - Substitution for H.M. an individual's Birthday (Saturday 5 December)
    16.   Thursday 10 December - Constitution Day
    17.   Thursday 31 December - New Year’s Eve

BoT link: http://www.bot.or.th/english/FINANCIALI ... /2558.aspx
For those planning travel on or around the above holiday dates (especially for both the New Year and Songkran holiday periods which are now both for 5 days) it is advisable to book flights and rooms well in advance to ensure that they are available.

Please note that for all holiday periods there is an increased possibility of ATM machines running dry, especially so with the New Year and Songkran holiday periods when, including weekends, the banks are closed for five days.

I apologise for the disrespect created by the automated word censorship software for the 5th December, it was not what I posted; the actual wording that I tried to post for that date can be seen at the BoT site through the link I provided above.

Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Harpo
udonmap.com

Post by Harpo » October 12, 2014, 3:27 am

[quote="JimboPSM"]List of the official bank holidays in Thailand remaining for 2014 and the new ones for 2015 (from the Bank of Thailand):

Thanks for that Jimbo....have noted the dates......cheers harpo..... =D> =D> =D>
Great Southern Land

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » October 12, 2014, 6:50 am

The 5 days banks to be closed has been noted thanks,will hit my bank hard beforehand 8)

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » May 4, 2015, 12:37 pm

Sorry it's a bit late, but I missed this announcement of yet another "special" bank holiday for Monday May 4th making 1st May - 5th May another 5 day weekend with possible ATM exhaustion!
Announcement of Special Holiday for Financial Institutions

The Cabinet has announced the 4th May 2015 as a special public holiday in order to stimulate economy and promote tourism. The Bank of Thailand (BOT) has accordingly decided to designate the 4th May 2015 as a special holiday for financial institutions. The BOT deems the additional holiday appropriate as it would support the government’s policy to promote tourism and stimulate the country’s economy as a whole. Moreover, since the announcement is made well in advance of the date, businesses should be able to prepare and adjust without causing any significant disruption to the economic and financial system.

However, bank branches can provide services as usual depending upon their internal policy, such as branches in shopping malls or department stores. Should banks decide to do so, the staff has to be regarded as deemed appropriate consistent with the labour legislation and related laws.

Bank of Thailand 11 February 2015
It is hard to see how creating another 5 day weekend so soon after Songkran, when combined with the loss of another days production and the loss of another days pay will do anything to stimulate the economy and promote tourism - even if there should be any disposable income left with the burgeoning level of household debt.

Additionally, experienced international tourists tend to avoid holiday periods because of an expectation of reduced service levels and congested tourist areas.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » May 4, 2015, 1:56 pm

So Udon immigration are closed but gives them time to count behind closed doors all their extra income channelled monies for the month of April.
Yes have noticed already my usual atm discharging 500 bahts and not the normal 1000 baht notes,just a matter of time 8)

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”