Baht What up with Dat?????

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
aznyron
udonmap.com

Re: Baht What up with Dat?????

Post by aznyron » June 5, 2009, 8:26 pm

K Bank posted rate today at 4 o'clock was 33.31 Git i have to find that ATM :lol: :lol: :lol:

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » June 5, 2009, 8:46 pm

papaguido wrote:Keep it open, I may not contribute here but I certainly do read it. Who gives a hairy rats ass if it's only 2 people posting it's the content that matters.
I agree, but because it has nothing to do with Man-United or farting, the thread will not be viewed well. :lol:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » June 6, 2009, 12:11 am

Will 200 pages be an udonmap record? :-k :-k :-k

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » June 6, 2009, 12:13 am

Euro up to 48.3 Baht... C'mon baby hit 50 please!!! [-o< [-o< [-o<

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2009, 6:23 am

OK guys I have read this twice still not sure I ubderstand, weaking dollat Ya I think we all expect that. Is he saying when Thailand actually lets go of some of that money the Baht will weaken as will? If so that would be good news for everyone. Looks like that money may actually go out in the 4th quarter
Breakingnews » Breakingnews

Korn: Strong baht a concern
By: Bangkokpost.com
Published: 5/06/2009 at 08:47 PM
A strengthening baht due to problem-solving measures in the US and the rising price of crude will be new challenges for economic recovery in the near future, according to Finance Minister Korn Chatikavanij.

The US dollar is likely to weaken in the near future as the Federal Reserve continues to inject cash into the economy to resolve credit constraints and offset declining demand in treasury bills from abroad, he said.

Crude oil prices rallied to $70 per barrel due to increased demand. Thailand would be affected as it is a major importer of oil, said Mr Korn.

"The Fed needs to keep injecting cash for a while. One positive from this action is that demand will be sustained. But it is unavoidable that it will lead to upward pressure on prices, and increased manufacturing will also affect oil prices,'' he said.

The government's 1.4-trillion-baht investment plan, mainly for small and medium-scale projects, should stimulate the economy for the medium term. Screened projects for investment are the ones ready for use, he said.

"We will use domestic liquidity to import raw materials. This will reduce pressure on the baht. The government's position is clear: when the private sector is not ready and there is plenty of liquidity, it will spend,'' said Mr Korn.

"Public debt will rise to 60% of gross domestic product over the next two years, which we think is acceptable.''

Speaking at an economic seminar, he said the government plans to embark on Southern Seaboard development to create a seaport and transport link between the eastern and western coast, as well as building a dual-track train network stretching from North to South and West to East, as long-term economic restructuring measures.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2009, 9:44 am

To bad the graphs don't show with it but yuo find them at the site
http://www.x-rates.com/d/THB/USD/graph30.html

Thai Bahts to 1 USD (invert,data)

30 days latest (Jun 5)
34.1849 lowest (Jun 3)
34.0452 highest (Apr 27)

Thai Bahts to 1 GBP (invert,data)

120 days latest (Jun 5)
55.1228 lowest (Jan 23)
47.5913 highest (Jun 3)

Thai Bahts to 1 EUR (invert,data)

120 days latest (Jun 5)
48.4639 lowest (Feb 18)
44.546 highest (Dec 29)

Thai Bahts to 1 AUD (invert,data)

120 days latest (Jun 5)
27.527 lowest (Feb 2)
21.9603 highest (Jun 2)

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2009, 10:03 am

34.08 today ATM I sure like those pink ATM's

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 6, 2009, 5:31 pm

Right wrong or indifferent an interesting read:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Eco ... 4Dj03.html

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 8, 2009, 3:06 pm

You know yuo would think by now the rest of the Government would know it's not going to get the BOT to help exporters that is one powerful group. They got what they want cash flowing into Thailand with the least amount of effort. So I think they might as well be talking to the wall.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews ... eaker-baht

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2009, 4:44 pm

Git I guess we have no choice we either accept it of leave / my bags are not packed yet but if it get
to that when I go I will never return / and yes they are talking to a wall. I have a suspicion that a certain person is try acquire great wealth for fear he may not get the job he waiting for JMHO and who knows
he may enter the world of politics / back to baht they say 35 or 36 some say 36 or 37 I liked the guy who said 40 to 1 I think he is the brightest of them all since he did and a few others mention Vietnam stealing there export business / if they don't wake up soon they will not have a export business and it no longer about looking good it about a country surviving because with all the news now with David C. death in
bangkok it sure hurts the tourist trade even more JMHO

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 8, 2009, 5:51 pm

Well one thing for sure a very small group is making money. But exporters don't seem to be in that group. So you leave where is it really going to be that different certianly not where we came from.

In spite of all this I have still done better here not working then I did at home working 70 hour weeks.

I gues I;m having the glas i half full day/ Lat month I p[aid off the bike this month the truck only one bill now the house and hopefully not more then another three years. I could never have done that in the states. It really feels good to actually have something and only one bill left, not bad for coming here with $6K dollars. In seven years being where I am rtoday. It ain't perfect but the truth is have done OK.

Ok guys some body chime in please.

Saw the baht at 34.38 today on the ticker. Mihgt be lesson in that Anz don't move the money till the second week of the month.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 8, 2009, 5:59 pm

Git I only have one bill now the truck payment and that over in Aug 2010 the house is paid for it took me 3 years to build but I did it on my pension money any way good luck my friend and we will get back to
the baht just at this moment I have nothing to say about it since I posted my last post

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » June 9, 2009, 12:35 pm

Following various comments about how the USD/THB was perceived to move over a month end I decided to produce a chart to try and show pictorially exactly what happened over the last month end using the official Kasikorn Bank exchange rates (it didn’t really matter which bank I picked as all the banks update their rates on an almost identical basis).

The chart shows the range of rate changes during each business day from 22nd May to the opening rate today (9th June). The red "dots" show each of the official rates on each day and the horizontal(ish) blue lines connect between the closing rate of one business day and the opening rate of the next business day.
USD-THB - Daily Rate Changes.JPG
USD-THB - Daily Rate Changes.JPG (70.09 KiB) Viewed 1386 times
This month certainly showed the rate falling on both the last working day of May (29th) and the first working day of June (1st).

However a statistical sample of only one month end is not exactly conclusive evidence and as such should be treated with a degree of caution before using it as the basis to decide on a definitive course of action :-k

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 9, 2009, 1:01 pm

Thanks Jimbo i like your charts.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 10, 2009, 7:19 pm

The story behind the story, dollars down oil is up, baht is up get more dollars with baht. Oil is purchased with dollars. Hence you get more oil with the baht.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/06 ... 104796.php

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 12, 2009, 8:20 am

Exporters pleading with BOT again, so far they have pleaded to deft ears.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/06 ... 104980.php

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 12, 2009, 8:25 am

Git it look like the USD is getting stronger by what I am hearing & little reading on this forum
so maybe in a couple of months we might be back up there around 35 or 36 let pray [-o< [-o<
as for people who control the baht they are not listening to any one they are lining there own pockets with greed eventually it will bite them in the azz but we just have to sit & wait

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 12, 2009, 8:38 am

I hope your right Ron, but I don't think so. Move goign on now the make the IMF the reserve currency and it's serious not saber rattling.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » June 12, 2009, 12:31 pm

Git was is the IMF currency ? / would that mean international money fund or some thing along those lines ?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 12, 2009, 4:03 pm

Yep they are buying bonds in to thatr instead of dollars. That is not good for us.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”