EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
747man
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by 747man » April 3, 2016, 10:36 am

dezzer wrote:747 good luck for to-morrow come on you Toffees just for one day =D>
Yes,Dezz One thing we have in common is that we both HATE Man Utd. :lol: :lol: :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by GT93 » April 3, 2016, 11:49 am

Sadly not enough Thais are in that camp. Keep working on it fellas although that's an uphill battle in Isan given the Man U home colours. May Man U supports be gloomjai this weekend.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 3, 2016, 1:01 pm

GT93 wrote:Sadly not enough Thais are in that camp. Keep working on it fellas although that's an uphill battle in Isan given the Man U home colours. May Man U supports be gloomjai this weekend.
EvertonFC.jpg
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » April 4, 2016, 7:36 am

No upto the minute match comments from 747? i take it everton lost then? :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 4, 2016, 8:41 am

Leicester 1 Southampton 0
Manchester United 1 Everton 0

Leicester now 7 points clear with 6 matches to go ! Wes Morgans first goal of the season was enough to give them victory over Southampton.
United not really convincing but good enough to defeat a poor Everton side (apart from Deulofeu).Everton languishing down in 12th place still not mathematically safe from relegation.
Fosu-Mensah did very well when he came on as sub for United and Blind kept Lukaku quiet.
Highlight of the day.....tributes to Sir Bobby Charlton who has had the South Stand re-named after him in recognition of the 60 years fantastic service he has given to United. =D>

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 6, 2016, 3:33 pm

This was actually announced on Monday but appears to have slipped the net on here (if youll pardon the pun)....

Italy coach Antonio Conte appointed Chelsea manager, will take over after European Championships
April 4, 2016 8:22pm

ITALIAN Antonio Conte was handed the responsibility of reviving Chelsea’s fortunes and bringing the Premier League title back to Stamford Bridge when he was named as their new head coach on Monday.
Conte, 46, the head coach of Italy, will move to London on a three-year contract after the June 10 — July 10 European Championship in France.
Conte has long been touted as Chelsea’s first choice to succeed Jose Mourinho as their next permanent manager following the departure of the Portuguese in December after Chelsea made their worst start to a top flight campaign for more than 30 years. Dutchman Guus Hiddink has been in charge since December 19 but his second stint as interim coach was never going to last longer than the end of this season.
“I am very excited about the prospect of working at Chelsea Football Club. I am proud to be the coach of the national team of my country and only a role as attractive as manager of Chelsea could follow that,” Conte said in a statement on Chelsea’s website (http://www.chelseafc.com).
“I am happy we have made the announcement now so everything is clear and we can end the speculation. I will continue to focus on my job with the Italian national team and will reserve speaking about Chelsea again until after the Euros.” Chelsea’s fortunes have stabilised under Hiddink who took over with the 2014-2015 champions mired in 16th place having won only four of their opening 16 league matches.
Saturday’s 4-0 win at Aston Villa was their 15th unbeaten league match since Mourinho left, but they are still only in 10th place in the table with no chance of retaining their title or winning a trophy this season.

Other Stories

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 6, 2016, 4:06 pm

Maybe Conte can fix it for Chelsea to win the title next season

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35971018 :-" :roll:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 6, 2016, 4:15 pm

It will only be a suspended sentence,so nothing too serious ! :D

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 7, 2016, 12:06 pm

It's not the punishment that's the issue Zid - it's what he was done for.
Alba gu bràth

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 8, 2016, 12:01 pm

Yes,there was a match fixing scandal in England in the 1960's when Peter Swan and "Bronco" Layne of Sheffield Wednesday and Tony Kay of Everton were found guilty of throwing a match and sent to prison.I think they were also banned for life but later successfully appealed and it was reduced to about 10 years ?? But it was the end of their top class career,whatever.
But Wormwood Scrubs is a much changed place.Prisoners are now allowed internet and I-pads,so if the worst came to the worst for Conte he could manage the team from his cell ! 8)

As you know,Bob is away in Vietnam for the next two weekends and I am in the equally exotic,Khon Kaen,on Saturday and wont be returning until Sunday night.
Maybe socksy or 747man could put the EPL results up in our absence.....thanks. :drunk:
747man did very well last time this happened and the results were up within minutes of the final whistle but,as I remember,it was a rare Everton victory so he would have wanted maximum exposure for his team !

Anyway,the weekends EPL fixtures (Thai times)

SATURDAY
West Ham v Arsenal,6.45pm
Aston Villa v Bournemouth,Crystal Palace v Norwich,Southampton v Newcastle,Swansea v Chelsea,Watford v Everton,all kicking off at 9pm.
Man City v WBA,11.30pm.

SUNDAY
Sunderland v Leicester,7.30pm
Liverpool v Stoke,10pm
Tottenham v Manchester United,10pm.

Some good games on both days as we reach the sharp end of the season...enjoy your footballing weekend,gents. \:D/

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

Enjoy your weekends at the exotic location gents. As the final results won't be seen straight afterwards (way past my bed time) I will check in the mornings to see if 747 has already updated the thread with the results as well as the grass roots. Especially to see if my lot can do a League and (Micky Mouse) Cup double, over the mighty Peterhead in the Challenge Cup Final.
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 10, 2016, 6:15 am

England - Premier League April 9

I think it's bye, bye for my lot barring a miracle.

FT West Ham United 3 - 3 Arsenal
FT Aston Villa 1 - 2 AFC Bournemouth
FT Crystal Palace 1 - 0 Norwich City
FT Southampton 3 - 1 Newcastle United
FT Swansea City 1 - 0 Chelsea
FT Watford 1 - 1 Everton
FT Manchester City 2 - 1 West Bromwich Albion
Alba gu bràth

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » April 10, 2016, 7:52 am

plenty of goals in the first game,wish i would of tuned into that one,andy carrol come good :D

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 10, 2016, 10:51 am

Yes a very good match with a feast of goals. Meanwhile scriptwriters are busy writing and preparing to film the next comedy movie, and first for many years at Ealing studios. 'CARRY ON THE TOON DEFENCE' which will be based on a calamity of a woeful schoolboy team's defence with gaps as large as the width of the River Tyne.
Alba gu bràth

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 11, 2016, 5:39 am

A feast of goals from yesterday's matches as Leicester march on with a Vardy double and Man United's top four finish hits a snag.

Liverpool 4 Stoke City 1

Tottenham 3 Manchester United 0

Sunderland 0 Leicester 2
Alba gu bràth

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 11, 2016, 8:37 am

Thanks for keeping everyone updated with all the footie scores this weekend,socksy ! =D>

Leicester within 3 wins of the title now......probably need less than that.....but Spurs chance will surely come again next season.
An excellent win for Liverpool after their good result in Dortmund in the Europa League on Thursday.
Nobody should be surprised by the United result.....apart from,maybe,Van Gaal who said United played well up till Spurs first goal :roll: ........one shot on target in the whole game and,unbelievably,replacing Rashford with Ashley Young as the main striker in the second half ! :oops:
18 year old Fosu-Mensah was Uniteds best player and,apart from him and de Gea,the less said about the rest the better !
But another bitter blow to mat80's fast fading hopes of winning a couple of bottles of Chardonnay ! ;)

Anyway,the Centara hotel in Khon Kaen was excellent and offset Uniteds shoddy performance a bit !

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 11, 2016, 9:39 am

No problem Zid. I see your boss has publicly stated that your lot are a much bigger club than 'Spuds'. Maybe financially and as a worldwide franchise but on the pitch and League position? Another deranged statement.
Alba gu bràth

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » April 11, 2016, 11:48 am

Zidane wrote:Thanks for keeping everyone updated with all the footie scores this weekend,socksy ! =D>

1)Leicester within 3 wins of the title now......probably need less than that.....but Spurs chance will surely come again next season.
2)An excellent win for Liverpool after their good result in Dortmund in the Europa League on Thursday.
3)But another bitter blow to mat80's fast fading hopes of winning a couple of bottles of Chardonnay ! ;)

4)anyway, the Centara hotel in Khon Kaen was excellent and offset Uniteds shoddy performance a bit !
Zid,
1)Leicester FC is an absolute certainty to win the EPL 2015-16 Title. =D> :D I suppose you wouldn't consider betting me two bottles of Oz Chardonny, that they won't?? :-"
2)I have been impressed with the changes, and progress made by Liverpool under Klopp's tutelage, and forecast the team will be among 'the big six" battling for Champions League spot next season. But I do think Klopp would be better served by cutting down a little on his somewhat overdone touchline theatrics.
3)Imagine my confused conflict of loyalties over this match, Zid! I have supported Spurs, ('the Lillywhites" by the way, not the Spuds [-X ), for over 60 year so I wanted Spurs to continue to chase the Title, while they still have even the remotest chance; obviously I want them to finish above Arsenal; if I lose our bet, I will not be able to eat for about a week, after purchasing the wine. Finally, I want Utd to make the top four, to ensure LvG remains. so that I can get rid of that sick feeling in my stomach every time I think of the possibility of Mourinho being given the opportunity to drag down Utd to his level and, once again, cause disputes, disruption, division and disrespect, to the detriment of all that is good in football in general, and the EPL in particular. However, I must admit to a warm glow within upon Spurs finally beating Utd at Tottenham for the first time in- what was it?- 100yrs! :D \:D/ \:D/
Of course, the sensible act of appointing Pellegrini would, I suggest, both solve Utd's problem, and meet with the approval of the vast majority of their supporters. :|

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 11, 2016, 12:02 pm

I wish I had put a bet on Leicester to win the title but I doubt anyone saw what was coming. An 'Ayrton Senna' on them at 5,000/1 before the season started.
Alba gu bràth

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » April 12, 2016, 9:37 am

socksy wrote:I wish I had put a bet on Leicester to win the title but I doubt anyone saw what was coming. An 'Ayrton Senna' on them at 5,000/1 before the season started.
Hi Socksby,
It might be worth your while checking the odds being offered against Newcastle achieving re-election to the EPL, at the end of next season! :lol: \:D/

Return to “World Sports”