EPL 2015/16

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 12, 2016, 11:21 am

A chance to watch Leicesters final home game of the season against Everton where they could well receive the EPL Champions trophy......a snip at just 750,000 baht online :shock: .....any takers out there ?

Leicester City: Final home game tickets on sale for £15,000 GBP

Tickets to watch Premier League leaders Leicester's final home game are being offered for £15,000 a pair through an online re-sale website.
The 7 May match against Everton, which could see the Foxes become champions, sold out in 90 minutes on Monday.
But within hours, individual tickets were being advertised for more than £3,000 each and a pair for much more.
The club said it would "take action against any ticket touting" or attempts to "resell tickets above face value".
Leicester are seven points clear of nearest rivals Tottenham with five games left. They have already secured Champions League football and need three more wins to guarantee the Premier League title.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 13, 2016, 1:07 pm

Automatic promotion would be a doubt for toon and re-elected sounds more promising.. But what's this from the BBC gossip column? Jonjo Shelvey will remain on eighty grand a week (FFS) if they are relegated, whilst in the same column Neymar is earning a measly 77,00 a week at Barcelona. Get yourself a new agent my son or arrange a player for player swap.

WHAT A MUTANT I MEANT TO PUT THIS IIN THE FOOTBALL RUMOURS THREAD! APOLOGIES. I'VE PUT IT THERE AS WELL.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 13, 2016, 3:07 pm

Is that all Neymar is on at Barca ? Just 77k a week ! :shock: No wonder United were linked with him when the likes of Rooney are on 300k a week ! [-(

Don't worry about the thread.Bob is away water skiing in Ha Long bay Vietnam till the 20th so its unlikely you will incur any sort of reprimand ! :D
Ha Long bay Vietnam.jpg

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » April 14, 2016, 7:20 am

congratulations to everton finally reaching 40 points :D :D :D =D> =D> =D>

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 16, 2016, 9:30 am

Todays fixtures (kick offs Thai times)

Norwich v Sunderland,6.45pm
Everton v Southampton,Manchester United v Aston Villa,Newcastle v Swansea,WBA v Watford,all 9.00pm
Chelsea v Manchester City,11.30pm

Games of huge importance at Norwich,Newcastle and Chelsea and wouldn't it be just like Man Utd to lose at home to Villa ? 8-[
Enjoy the nights games.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Brian Davis » April 16, 2016, 10:57 am

Zidane wrote: and wouldn't it be just like Man Utd to lose at home to Villa ?
I live in hope! :lol:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » April 16, 2016, 11:13 am

[quote="Zidane"]

Newcastle and Chelsea and wouldn't it be just like Man Utd to lose at home to Villa ?

Wishful thinking? :-" .In lieu of 'thirty pieces of silver', substitute 'two bottles of Oz Chardonnay' :shock: Tut, tut Zid. [-X
:lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 17, 2016, 7:27 am

Last nights results....
Norwich 0 Sunderland 3 ; Everton 1 Southampton 1 ; Manchester United 1 Aston Villa 0 ; Newcastle 3 Swansea 0 ;
WBA 0 Watford 1 ; Chelsea 0 Manchester City 3 ;

So,after those results even more difficult to perm any two from Norwich,Sunderland and Newcastle for the drop :-k but gives socksy renewed hope of retaining his EPL status on the forum ! ;)
Villa are finally down....a shocking season for a shocking team.....could be a while for them to bounce back.Relegation confirmed in an instantly forgettable game at Old Trafford settled by Marcus Rashfords goal.
Sergio Aguero,the best striker in the EPL,destroyed Chelsea with a hat trick with the home sides players already focusing on their summer holidays.

Tonights fixtures (Thai times)

Bournemouth v Liverpool 7.30pm
Leicester v West Ham 7.30pm
Arsenal v Crystal Palace 10.00pm

If Leicester can win this one you would think they are almost home and dry.

goodison
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by goodison » April 17, 2016, 8:13 am

Massive week in "The Toffees' season, Derby game at Anfield on Wednesday followed by the FA Cup Semi Final next Saturday. Getting more "Air-Time" than the Late Terry Wogan! C'Mon "The Foxes" Will "The Cherries" get revenge, later on today, for the disgraceful decisions that went against them earlier in the season at Anfield?

socksy
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by socksy » April 17, 2016, 10:46 am

Should the 'toon' go down Zid, I'll still make the occasional token post on the EPL site even though both of my lot will be subject's of the grass roots thread.

I'm thinking that unless Man City rest some (De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero) on Tuesday night, Newcastle's defence is going to be ripped up for arse paper.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GT93
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by GT93 » April 17, 2016, 2:30 pm

May Toffee supporters be happier this week than Bill Clinton in the 1990 s being introduced to a nice looking intern!
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 18, 2016, 8:13 am

Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 2
Leicester 2 West Ham 2
Arsenal 1 Crystal Palace 1

Liverpool keep their faint top 4 hopes alive.....Arsenal disappointed dropping two points at home against Palace and puts their automatic qualification to the UEFA Champions League in a bit of doubt.
An incident packed match at Leicester.Jamie Vardy put Leicester ahead in the first half then was sent off for "diving" on the hour.
Referee,Jon Moss,then awarded West Ham a controversial penalty with 6 minutes left,which was put away by Andy Carroll and then Aaaron Cresswell scored again for West Ham two minutes later.
That looked to have secured the 3 points for the Hammers but in the 5th minute of injury time referee Moss gave another penalty for the slightest touch on Schlupp by Carroll in the area.
Ulloa despatched the penalty to earn a draw for the Foxes but the talking point after the game was a shocking performance by referee Moss that neither team could be happy with.
Tonight its Stoke v Tottenham with the Spuds having the chance to cut Leicesters lead at the top to 5 points.

marjamlew
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by marjamlew » April 18, 2016, 10:28 am

Zidane wrote:Bournemouth 1 Liverpool 2
Leicester 2 West Ham 2
Arsenal 1 Crystal Palace 1

Liverpool keep their faint top 4 hopes alive.....Arsenal disappointed dropping two points at home against Palace and puts their automatic qualification to the UEFA Champions League in a bit of doubt.
An incident packed match at Leicester.Jamie Vardy put Leicester ahead in the first half then was sent off for "diving" on the hour.
Referee,Jon Moss,then awarded West Ham a controversial penalty with 6 minutes left,which was put away by Andy Carroll and then Aaaron Cresswell scored again for West Ham two minutes later.
That looked to have secured the 3 points for the Hammers but in the 5th minute of injury time referee Moss gave another penalty for the slightest touch on Schlupp by Carroll in the area.
Ulloa despatched the penalty to earn a draw for the Foxes but the talking point after the game was a shocking performance by referee Moss that neither team could be happy with.
Tonight its Stoke v Tottenham with the Spuds having the chance to cut Leicesters lead at the top to 5 points.
I definitely think it was a case of a referee who wanted to be in the game or even worse wanted the game to be about him. The Vardy and Cresswell goals were both quality so it was a shame that the ref spoiled the game.
Watch Me!!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Brian Davis » April 18, 2016, 7:31 pm

Match commentary, something like, "The Emirates has gone a bit grumpy". :lol:
Oh dear, dangerous or funny, depending on your viewpoint, when expectations aren't fulfilled.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Brian Davis » April 18, 2016, 8:26 pm

I watched Leicester v West Ham. In some defence of Moss, didn't he have his hands full with all the nonsense going on in the penalty areas? It was more like rugby at times. Surely the only way to deal with what's reaching ridiculous situations is for the referees to make it very clear they will award more penalties if defenders are at fault (or free kicks the other way). That should encourage players to 'ease off'.
The ref's performance was criticised for both what he gave and didn't give. The pundits, I think, supported the ref for the decisions on Vardy's 'dive/making the most of it' for the second booking and that West Ham's penalty was correct because of holding by Morgan. (As above, it was a referee's nightmare to see all what was going on).
What, arguably, he got wrong (obviously in context of the second yellow) was Vardy's first yellow, when there seemed minimum contact and as much down to Vardy's speed and effort. Then, if he gave West Ham's penalty for holding/pushing, then Huth seemed to be very obviously manhandled too, but Moss didn't see or give a penalty to Leicester. The decision to punish Carroll for minimum contact on a Leicester player seemed his worst decision.
Technology should surely help, if and when, but a lot will depend in what game circumstances 'they' decide it should be called upon. Some sympathy for Moss, because as one pundit said, the players are hardly following FIFA 'Fair Play' guidelines!

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 19, 2016, 8:39 am

Stoke City 0 Tottenham 4......title race opened up ?

Tottenham produced an outstanding display to thrash Stoke and move five points behind leaders Leicester with four games of the season remaining.
Harry Kane's sublime curling finish, his 23rd Premier League goal of the season, set them on their way before Christian Eriksen hit the crossbar.
Dele Alli doubled the lead before he hit a post when it was easier to score.
Kane rolled in the third before Alli's right-foot volley made it 4-0 to wrap up Spurs' ninth away win of the season.
The result lifted Mauricio Pochettino's side to 68 points from 34 matches, with Leicester on 73 from the same number of games.

Tonight,another vital game.....Newcastle v Manchester City.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by mathusalah80 » April 19, 2016, 12:58 pm

Brian Davis wrote:Then, if he gave West Ham's penalty for holding/pushing, then Huth seemed to be very obviously manhandled too, but Moss didn't see or give a penalty to Leicester. The decision to punish Carroll for minimum contact on a Leicester player seemed his worst decision.
Some sympathy for Moss,because as one pundit said, the players are hardly following FIFA 'Fair Play' guidelines!
Two interesting, and balanced views provided by Messrs. Zid & Brian. My view falls somewhere in between the two. As viewed in normal time, (which is what the referee is obliged to do!),Moss had a good match overall, marred by only two refereeing mistakes, as apposed to errors of judgement. 1) The penalty box 'assault' on Huth was afar more blatant foul than for which WHU were awarded a penalty; Moss was standing in full view of the incident, and a penalty should have been awarded.2) The penalty awarded against Carroll, can only be described as a sick joke.
This begs the question, fairly implied by Brian, to what degree did the very intense pressures placed upon Moss by both sets of players wrestling non stop in the penalty are, and 'simulating' at every opportunity,behaviour, play a part in his decision making. Incidentally, I did not pick up whether the nearby linesman played a part in the awarding of the last penalty?
The only person in the wrong, with regard to the two yellow cards against Vardy, was Vardy. Not because of his fouls, although the second was totally unnecessary, but for stupidly compounding the situation, by bad mouthing the referee, which has now exposed him to the possibility of being banned from playing in two of the remaining most important games in Leicester's history.. He is very fortunate that Leicester's points in hand, will probably safeguard him against becoming known as the player who cost the club the EPL Championship!

Zidane
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Zidane » April 20, 2016, 8:07 am

Newcastle 1 Manchester City 1
Newcastle recovered from Sergio Aguero's controversial goal to earn a valuable draw with Manchester City.
Aguero was offside when he headed in Aleksandar Kolarov's free-kick.
Vurnon Anita equalised with a low curling shot before Magpies keeper Karl Darlow excellently saved Jesus Navas and Kevin de Bruyne strikes.
City keeper Joe Hart saved from Georginio Wijnaldum late on to ensure Newcastle remain in the bottom three, just behind Sunderland and Norwich.

Tonights matches....West Ham v Watford,Liverpool v Everton,Man Utd v Crystal Palace.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by BobHelm » April 21, 2016, 7:56 am

score.png
score.png (13.47 KiB) Viewed 1448 times
Home win triple.
The Hammers & Pool just had too much for their neighbours, although both the visitors had a man sent off it probably had little actual impact on the result.

In Manchester the home fans stayed away in droves in an understandable protest at vanG's managerial strategies. He responded by sending out a very young side - probably with more than an eye on the FA Cup semi at the weekend. But Palace have now gone so far off the boil as to be in danger of turning to ice & did nothing to help themselves by conceding an own goal within 5 minutes. The game was all over after that & only a man of the match performance by Palace keeper Julian Speroni stopped it from turning into an embarrassment.
Palace, with their own FA Cup semi to consider, can take little of joy away from this, apart from Wilfried Zaha at least appearing to be regaining some attacking form.
Thursday 21st April 2016

Arsenal V West Brom 19:45
Tonight the Gunners have a chance to retake 3rd. spot & at least ensure Champions' League next season as the title must now, surely, be beyond them..

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

EPL 2015/16

Post by Brian Davis » April 21, 2016, 11:15 am

BobHelm wrote: only a man of the match performance by Palace keeper Julian Speroni stopped it from turning into an embarrassment.
Speroni has been a great servant to Palace, but I don't wish to be over-sentimental in his performance. He made a few adequate saves, but only because the shots gave him a chance.
Frankly, I was embarrassed by United's total dominance in possession, even though this side is hardly frightening like those of old. Yes, Palace have a few injuries, rested players and have the weekend on their minds (I hope they'll be flat out then), but are light years behind in depth of squad and ability. Sorry for the fans who travelled. If it had been boxing, it would have been stopped in the first round! :roll:
One day maybe? - before I snuff it! [-o<

Return to “World Sports”