Aus.Open tennis

General sports news and discussions.
konba
udonmap.com

Aus.Open tennis

Post by konba » January 27, 2009, 9:34 am

Anyone know where i can watch tennis Australian Open in Udon? 8)

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Aus.Open tennis

Post by BobHelm » January 27, 2009, 9:39 am

Anywhere with cable. One of the South African (Super Sport) channels has it on from start to finish every day.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 27, 2009, 11:45 am

Anywhere with True Visions, Star Sport have the same, all day coverage

Goldcoaster au
udonmap.com

Post by Goldcoaster au » January 27, 2009, 10:30 pm

konba wrote:Anyone know where i can watch tennis Australian Open in Udon? 8)
You could go to melbourne..........my mothers got a spare room.
Or come to my pizza shop , we have a very large tv there.
Its on all day on Aussie tv........now that jelena dokic's loss..........well its a shame l have turn the tv over.,

Jelena Dokic's captivating Australian Open run finally came to an end on Tuesday night with a gallant quarter-final loss to Russian juggernaut Dinara Safina.

In six heady days, and against all odds, the 187th-ranked Dokic has resurrected her career and restored order in her turbulent life with a series of emotional and lion-hearted displays - on and off the court.

Apart from being assured of a return to the world's top 100 for the first time since 2004, the 25-year-old picked up a desperately-needed $182,500 cheque

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 27, 2009, 10:57 pm

Ah not exactly a favour to world tennis that 4 players have had to retire due to "sickness" though Goldcoaster. I always thought sport should be a contest of skill rather than endurance (unless it is the Marathon of course!!).
Agree that Dokic displayed all the enthusiasm & effort that is normally exhibited by Aussie sports persons. I was unaware of her previous "problems" before watching & certainly hope that all her personal demons are behind her now. Women's' tennis seems littered with "girls" (no insult intended) who have achieved their best by 25 (which must be an horrific position to look back on when you are only 30) before personal problems, physical and physiological, engulf them!!!

konba
udonmap.com

Post by konba » January 28, 2009, 8:01 am

Goldcoaster au wrote:
konba wrote:Anyone know where i can watch tennis Australian Open in Udon? 8)
You could go to melbourne..........my mothers got a spare room.
Or come to my pizza shop , we have a very large tv there.
Its on all day on Aussie tv........now that jelena dokic's loss..........well its a shame l have turn the tv over.,

Jelena Dokic's captivating Australian Open run finally came to an end on Tuesday night with a gallant quarter-final loss to Russian juggernaut Dinara Safina.

In six heady days, and against all odds, the 187th-ranked Dokic has resurrected her career and restored order in her turbulent life with a series of emotional and lion-hearted displays - on and off the court.

Apart from being assured of a return to the world's top 100 for the first time since 2004, the 25-year-old picked up a desperately-needed $182,500 cheque
Goldcoaster, what a tempting offer 8) Australia is not so for from here i guess :mrgreen:
That pizza shop, where is it located?
Im going to the Charoen hotel today so im hoping i have acces to sports channel and Australian Open>

I just read that it will be bloody hot today in Melbourne with temperatures reaching 40 degrees Celcius, will be a test now for the endurance i guess...
Indeed it s a shame about the retirements :?
But what a performance by dokic after so long away =D> , a shame she lost, just imagine her getting into the final...

watchoutsnakeman
udonmap.com

Post by watchoutsnakeman » January 28, 2009, 9:18 am

Sport 6 live ....

S.Kuznetsova RUS (8)

S.Williams USA (2)

right now.........................

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » January 28, 2009, 12:35 pm

They had to close the sliding roof because of the hot 40+ temps and Serena Williams prevailed in a three set match. She wasn't handling the withering temperatures very well and looked like Kuznetsova would win in an upset earlier. 8-[

jepp
udonmap.com

Post by jepp » January 28, 2009, 9:23 pm

Re; PED's (performance enhancing drugs). At the 2000 Olympics it was easily apparent to both Me and 'Blind Freddy' that Marion Jones was on something!! Shock Horror it all comes out years later!! Now have a look at a couple of the androgenic looking women in the finals!! If only 'Blind Freddy' was on the Anti-Doping Committee.

Return to “World Sports”