Cane or bamboo furniture

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Cane or bamboo furniture

Post by Ray.Charles » December 16, 2009, 12:45 pm

I am looking for inexpensive cane or bamboo furniture.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Re: Cane or bamboo furniture

Post by Brian Davis » December 16, 2009, 8:06 pm

Don't know if this of any help or not. Of course, not certain what YOU may feel expensive or, indeed, I'm not certain if the material is actually cane or bamboo. But Global has some suites of furniture which MAY be what you mean - 25,000 baht. Inside use, not outside, I would suggest.

LoongLee
udonmap.com

Post by LoongLee » December 16, 2009, 8:54 pm

Ray.Charles,,,,,, maybe you are refering to rattan, commonly used to make furniture?

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » December 16, 2009, 9:55 pm

Yes, rattan is made from cane, I believe. I did see the set in Global, or was it in HomePro? Anyway, I am looking for individual pieces, and at a lower peice level. We see these heavy looking, high-gloss furniture all over in Udon. Isn't there a market for the kind I am looking for?

goodybags
udonmap.com

Post by goodybags » January 3, 2010, 5:40 pm

Hi just seen your post,
If your still looking im in Udon at the moment and my wifes uncle makes this type of furniture,
we are about 10-15 mins from the Airport (he makes it at his home) normally he makes it to order quite high quality furniture for hotels in Bangkok,
But he makes the cheaper stuff as well, please let me know if you are still looking, what furniture was it you were looking for?
Regards
Dave

Alfronso
udonmap.com

Post by Alfronso » January 5, 2010, 9:24 am

goodybags wrote:Hi just seen your post,
If your still looking im in Udon at the moment and my wifes uncle makes this type of furniture,
we are about 10-15 mins from the Airport (he makes it at his home) normally he makes it to order quite high quality furniture for hotels in Bangkok,
But he makes the cheaper stuff as well, please let me know if you are still looking, what furniture was it you were looking for?
Regards
Dave
Does he make bamboo roller blinds?

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » January 5, 2010, 10:23 am

We have finished most of our furniture buying except for a 'love seat', a 2 person sofa. Please refresh my mind about where is his home. I believe that I had been there once to enquire about some outdoor furniture for our previous home. He advised us that his furniture would not be suitable for outdoor use; an honest man indeed. But this piece that I am now looking for is for indoor use.
I might be interested in bamboo roller blinds, as well.

Zmeng

Post by Zmeng » January 14, 2010, 11:43 am

Both of this were too inexpensive, so therefore it's better to look for either because it only assembled by the rattan. Rattan was the main material used in the production of bamboo or cane furniture. Even if this two is main material , the cane and bamboo are two different. Patio Furniture

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”