Getting "into" Udon

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Udon farang
udonmap.com

Getting "into" Udon

Post by Udon farang » November 30, 2008, 9:52 am

I will be leaving Chicago's O'Hare on Wednesday via American Airlines. Then I was "supposed" to do a code share flight with JAL to BKK. Doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might best get to Udon from Tokyo? I've never taken a route other than through BKK. I sure as hell cannot afford to hang around Tokyo until the Thai's sort out their mess.

American Airlines doesn't seem to be too concerned about my plight. Typical Yankee attitude. They got my money now to hell with my predicament. Should have flown an Asian carrier, at least they would "try" to help me.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Getting "into" Udon

Post by BobHelm » November 30, 2008, 9:59 am

Try this topic..

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/1 ... 11207.html

If they do from Tokyo then Phuket or Vientiane would seem to be the options...Phuket gets you into Thailand, but it is quite a trek to Udon, Vientiane certainly isn't far away....

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fussychunk
udonmap.com

Post by fussychunk » November 30, 2008, 2:17 pm

Keep an eye on your carriers website some are flying, or will be flying into Utaupo near to rayong. From there you can either fly to Chang Mai on a normal daily service on Bangkok Air I think, and then across to Udon, or you can do the 14 hour bus journey direct to Udon frm Rayong. Although you could phone a reliable taxi supplier for a price from Utaupo to Udon :(

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » November 30, 2008, 3:57 pm

Or, you could catch a flight from Tokyo to Saigon, and then go to Nha Trang for some beach time :D . You could also fly into Cambodia and go to Sihanoukville for some beach time w/extras ;) .
Not much else to offer, unless you want to be bouncing all over SEA and then Thailand on buses, trains, or taxis.
Unless you have a pressing need to get to Udon this week,I'd go with chill at the beach time, and wait out this mess.

Udon farang
udonmap.com

Post by Udon farang » November 30, 2008, 8:51 pm

Good advice Jingjai. My money will spend just as well elsewhere.

Oh..... Fussychunk.... the American Airlines web site doesn't even acknowledge what has happened, unlike Northwest Airlines, which is offering its customers to reschedule. And when I called American, they more or less implied I was on my own. (call my travel agent, they said) :-({|=

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 30, 2008, 9:14 pm

As I mentioned on the other thread (see Bob Helm's link above) Air Asia fly from KL (KUL) to Vientiane. Kuala Lumpur is well serviced Internationally, so should be easy to get to from wherever.

Return to “Travel & Transport”