Back Problems

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
DermotC
udonmap.com

Re: Back Problems

Post by DermotC » January 9, 2011, 9:30 am

The pain is in my mid back just below my shoulder blades. I did change the mattres to a much harder one last night, or should I say the Mrs did. I didnt have to roll off the mattress this morning as I have had to do the last few mornings. Now I just have to try to take a shower and off to Aek. Ill keep you updated. Cheers again to everyone.

fremmel
udonmap.com

Post by fremmel » January 9, 2011, 9:38 am

Thanks, Arjay.

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 9, 2011, 1:39 pm

Just back from AEK. Had an x-ray and no problems with my spine or surrounding area. Its a muscular problem and is brought on by stress and heavy physical labour which i had both of moving my stuff out of my apartment in Dublin.

I have physical therapy for the next 7 days, one of which i had today and am already feeling a tad better. Drugs that were prescribed are Norgesic, one 3 times daily after food, Celebrex, one 200mg capsule after breakfast and Voltex Kool gel applied 2-3 times daily.

Total cost of drugs, 7 physical therapy sessions, 2 consultations with the Orthopedic Doctor, one of which ive had and the next just after the last physical therapy session is 5,100 Baht. For me though this treatment is priceless! I just hope in a week Im back to almost 100%!

Cheers again everyone who helped. I guess thats what the Map is all about!

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 9, 2011, 1:59 pm

Dermot, just keep in mind, to buy any repeats, if needed, from a local pharmacy, where they will cost about 1/3rd of the price of the drugs at the hospital.

I was spot on with my prescription then. ;)

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 9, 2011, 2:20 pm

You were indeed arjay! I appreciate the advice bigtime!

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 9, 2011, 2:25 pm

you sure it was the lifting da caused it Dermot, and not someting alittle bit more stenuous when arriving back in Udon, and seeing the missus again..hmmm

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 9, 2011, 2:29 pm

hahahahahhhahah Maaka! We'd been together for a few weeks and moved back together so i cant blame it on that. I saw your previous post on the thread and fair play to you if you can stand the pain! I dont like taking drugs if I can help it but when i need them I certainly will. I believe in a better life through modern chemistry but of course if used properly and under the supervision of a doctor. When are you back in town?

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 9, 2011, 2:39 pm

I would like to say " I'll be back " asap, but alas me ole ma and da are going downhill everyday, so the future is alittle uncertain at the mo, but hope to catch up with ya one day for sure...

Return to “Health & Beauty”