Noisy Neighbours

General Udon Thani topics only!
mortiboy
udonmap.com

Noisy Neighbours

Post by mortiboy » July 14, 2008, 9:55 pm

NOISY NEIGHBOURS (NEIGHBORS) ;)
Does anyone have" Neighbour's from hell?"
I moved to this bungalow some months ago.Really nice area.Everyone nice and quiet and respectable. EXCEPT my neighbour!
There is the mother & father,and daughter there.The daughter goes off "to work"every evening, returns early Morning.
The parents do some kind of cooking for a market stall.They do their cooking back of the house) They dont have a kitchen.
Typical day!....5.30.AM ...CLANG..BANG...(sausepans out) WHIRR (THATS THE WASHING MACHINE) Weeeeee ! (thats the blender!)
All this time, the pair are yapping loudly! Also, TV thats turned on too. TV is in the back garden.
Then, the Daughter arrives home.She has a bigger mouth than her Parents put together.
Eventually,after about 2 hours goes quiet.EXCEPT the TV.The TV is on all day.The two continue to yap all day!(God knows what they talk about!They lead such a boring life!)
Then there is the" garden" When I first came It was reasonably presentable.But for some reason he collects all this old used wood from households now.
He has an old pick up which stays in the road as there is no room in his driveway.His garden is so full now, he is piling stuff outside his house!
I approached him about 2 months ago and told him " you wake me up everymorning" Why you not have respect for your next door neighbour!
He understood what I said in Thai.But he stood there with this silly smirk!
But the problem still went on!
So what do I do?Only thing I thought of give them same problem!
So every day, when got really noisy than usual, I blasted them with my Rolling stones CD ect.
Work? No way! I think they used to live on the farm.I think the daughter is keeping them on "Farang money"They are simpletons and you can never win stupid people!
Unfortunatly,I have a year contract on this rented property.Paid for.So I will have to put up with It! till next year
No way out of this I know unless I move but What a waste!

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » July 14, 2008, 10:20 pm

Complain to the Landlord, maybe he can sort it??? or is he Thai??? If so poss that he is cahoots with the neighbour and the neighbour is on a cut,,.... or have i been here too long and the land of smiles is getting to me

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » July 14, 2008, 10:21 pm

get your misses to tell them you died .... Then cover yourself in talc and run around your garden... They'll move within a week!!!! :D

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » July 14, 2008, 10:26 pm

dont say anything , recall the scandanavian who was shot dead after an argument with his noisy neighbours .
better get some industrial strength ear muffs .
lucky you never bought the property .

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 14, 2008, 11:03 pm

Maybe its pay back time for all the 'Gas' that floats their way of an evening. :fart:

anyway a year goes by fast nowadays morti hang in there...just leave the gf or Mrs to deal with it.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » July 15, 2008, 10:01 am

Yours is not an unusual problem in Thailand where there is no expectation of a quiet environment. Your neighbors don't expect a quiet environment, nor should they. It's an unreasonable expectation in this society. That type of courtesy is not a Thai trait.

I did notice an article in the Bangkok Post some months ago about the effects of noise pollution. They were first talking about spousal rape about 15 years ago and recently it became illegal. I think noise reduction regulations are still a long long way off. What would all the village loud speakers and truck advertising loud speakers do?

I snore, my wife wears ear plugs when it bothers her. It's a simple solution and much better than suffering the noise. The soft sponge rubber type are comfortable and work very well. You roll them up tight with your fingers and insert them into each ear. Then they expand and block the ear canal. It gets very quiet.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Noisy Neighbours

Post by 747man » July 15, 2008, 10:16 am

Morti, Maybe like BM Says They got fed up of you blowing your own trumpet !! :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: :fart: But I know how you feel,I have a similar situation IT WAS lovely &Peaceful here until about 2 weeks ago,Then had a very LOUD & Shouting German guy rent a house opposite me,ALL he does all day is SCREAM at his TW & 3 Little brats all FU**ING day. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 15, 2008, 10:43 am

He sounds like a really nice man, if he's not too big why dont you go over and thump him. Sounds like he needs it :D JOKE!!

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » July 15, 2008, 11:45 am

mortiboy,

From your post, it looks like you don't have any respect for your neighbor. I think its important to understand your neighbor and respect them as people trying to get by in life, just as you are. Once you realize that perspective, the noise will be a little less bothersome. At least this helps me in dealing with similar problems.

If you, or perhaps have a respected member of the neighborhood who is fluent in Thai approaches your neighbor in a respectful manner and explains clearly that you are not in the habit of going to bed at 10:00 AM and waking up at 05:00 each morning, maybe they can find a way to accommodate your strange hours. Maybe they can turn down the TV a little bit, and not talk so loudly, etc.

A sad fact is that Thailand is a noisy place, and it seems that many Thais are loosing some of their hearing prematurely. Thus, what may be a very loud TV set to you may be a comfortable listening level to your neighbors. I frequently see this in my wife's extended family. If you want to live here, you will have to accept what what you cannot change.

I have three neighbors. One on each side, and one behind my house. The one behind my house is only a problem a few times a year when he has very loud music and his guest throw garbage over the fence. A month after we moved into the house, the neighbor on one side started a business making metal shelving. This meant cutting, grinding, and banging on metal parts from abotu 09:00 AM to 6:00 PM. It was so lound, that, even with all the windows closed, you could not have a normal conversation or use your cell phone anywhere in the house. But nothing is forever. Eventually I would die or the would stop. Lucky for me, he stopped first :razz:. The other neighbor has four dogs, and starting at 05:30, she calls them together and feeds them, then she proceeds to cook in her outside kitchen (banging, clacking, etc.). She's a nice lady, and she's living her life. If I was normal like her, I would already be up at that hour. The fan and air conditioner help maks her early morning sounds. :D

There is hope. They can't do it forever, and you won't live for every, so something's got to give. Earplugs help, masking noises such as fans or a CD player help, and if you aske nicely, maybe your neighbor will appreicate your plight and have some ideas of his own.

About the loud daughter - most likely, she will grow out of it.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 15, 2008, 12:55 pm

that's why i build a house out in rice paddy land with high wall. one thing i have in common with my neighbors.......................we don't like neighbors................... 8)

Franco
udonmap.com

Post by Franco » July 15, 2008, 1:59 pm

I Sympathise with you Mortiboy, had the same in Tanadorn Village, Its obviously the part of the Thai Brain thats missing, 'The Consideration for other People Part',

It used to kick off everyday about 5am, Dogs screaming thier heads off, The local Temple giving out the News on their PA system and every weekend, Friday and Saturday up till 4 in the morning with the Dicks next door trying to play Guitar and sing.

I still suffer noise pollution but now its the Frogs, Lizards and insects making the noise at night and the Humming Bird tapping on the window at 5 in the morning.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 15, 2008, 2:40 pm

Franco wrote:I Sympathise with you Mortiboy, had the same in Tanadorn Village, Its obviously the part of the Thai Brain thats missing, 'The Consideration for other People Part',

It used to kick off everyday about 5am, Dogs screaming thier heads off, The local Temple giving out the News on their PA system and every weekend, Friday and Saturday up till 4 in the morning with the Dicks next door trying to play Guitar and sing.

I still suffer noise pollution but now its the Frogs, Lizards and insects making the noise at night and the Humming Bird tapping on the window at 5 in the morning.
Are YOU Sure it's only a HUMMING Bird ???

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 15, 2008, 2:42 pm

Aardvark wrote:He sounds like a really nice man, if he's not too big why dont you go over and thump him. Sounds like he needs it :D JOKE!!
He is only a SMALL guy,But he might get his whip out,as I think he could have been a Sergeant Major in The Hitler Youth movement !! :lol: :lol:

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 15, 2008, 3:11 pm

This German man! I think ! know him!
Is this him?..........

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 15, 2008, 3:18 pm

RESPECT? He has'nt got respect for himself! He know what he does! Noise pollution can be a real problem.It has built up everyday.Iwas hoping he would approach me when It gets so much I shout" SHUT UP!" But he never does.If he did I think I would slap him! But he would only go tell a policeman!
I hate the b.......d :mad:

mortiboy
udonmap.com

noisy neighbours

Post by mortiboy » July 15, 2008, 3:23 pm

mortiboy wrote:RESPECT? He has'nt got respect for himself! He know what he does! Noise pollution can be a real problem.It has built up everyday.Iwas hoping he would approach me when It gets so much I shout" SHUT UP!" But he never does.If he did I think I would slap him! But he would only go tell a policeman!

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » July 15, 2008, 3:25 pm

RESPECT? He has'nt got respect for himself! He know what he does! Noise pollution can be a real problem.It has built up everyday.Iwas hoping he would approach me when It gets so much I shout" SHUT UP!" But he never does.If he did I think I would slap him! But he would only go tell a policeman!
From your post, it looks like you don't have any respect for your neighbor

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » July 15, 2008, 3:47 pm

So eat the 50,000 and move!Or give him 10,000 to be quiet until your lease runs out :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 15, 2008, 3:48 pm

laphanphon wrote:that's why i build a house out in rice paddy land with high wall. one thing i have in common with my neighbors.......................we don't like neighbors................... 8)
agree, out in the 'field' is more peaceful, housing estates where you are all on top of one another seem to be trouble some at times, remember looking around new build estates and it feels nice, all shiny and new ,no dogs,no banging no shouting very clean and peaceful.....then when returning 12 months later to see whats going on...and its wtf..!! dogs,rubbish,small businesses running from home, mini-marts popped up in the front gardens , hair salons too...lucky i wasn't interested in buying on the first visit.. Remember though T.I.T... lol.
Maybe thats why the Celini-Dion project is a high rent place...might keep out the riff-raff. :lol:

Peace. Image

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » July 15, 2008, 4:08 pm

Those are the potential horrors of contract / lease agreements. If I ever sign
one of those things here I want a clause saying it's invalidated if the residence
becomes untenable due to excessive noise from unruly neighbors. :razz:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”