Nong's Ribs - New Restaurant [CLOSED]

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 31, 2008, 4:43 am

Two hours...!!!! maybe they had trouble catching the Cow, and i understand where your Mrs is coming from, i get that from my Mrs too..1-2 bad experiences and thats yer lot with thai girls..!!, not for me, would give it another pop and if not too good then give up.. and have always been asked if things are ok by Mr Glen.

Can You Dig It Dug.?

38nholding
udonmap.com

Post by 38nholding » July 31, 2008, 9:40 am

I have to agree, after reading all the accolades,the wife and I went for the "best burger in town" for me ,and a steak for the wife, when one cooks apatty of beef,pressing all the juices out makes a great sizzle and noise, but leaves one with the driest burger in town .
I hate it when I get served ,and after I am finished ,the wife gets her food. Sorry . The restaurant at nong prajak called 39 does a great scoff for 25% of the price , I think the bill at Nongs was over 400B without alcohol .

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » July 31, 2008, 10:18 am

Glen wake up read what they are saying and do some thing about it I want to see you succeed
Best Ronnie

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » August 1, 2008, 1:58 pm

Thank You Ronnie,
Yes I have had problems with my staff in the past, but I now have a very good chef. I have been helping out in the kitchen to ensure that the meals are delivered properly cooked and as fresh as possible. I hope that my disappointed customers will give us another go.
Thank You, Glen
Regards, Glen

mr.d
udonmap.com

Post by mr.d » August 1, 2008, 6:08 pm

Glen, are you going back to America? I see you have the place for sale. Is that possibly the reason for lack of attention to detail?
You should have learned by now not to listen to the TGF.
Good luck Glen. Thailand is real, but you should have listened to everyone that's been here longer than you....... :cry:

mapache
udonmap.com

Post by mapache » August 1, 2008, 9:22 pm

I was there a couple of nights ago. Good food and service. No complaints.

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » August 3, 2008, 4:00 pm

No I am not moving back to America. I have found another adventure that sounds good to me & is not as time consuming. Nong's is a full time job and I really enjoy making people feel at home with nice music, great food, billiards, and a friendly staff. I am 100% commited to good food, good prices, and good service.
Regards, Glen

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 15, 2008, 10:36 pm

Stopped at Nong's today for first time in a while. First off, the food is still great and at a bargain price, IMO. Ordered a large plate of ribs and a pulled pork sandwich. They were both delicious. The best part was Glen coming over to ask if I wanted fries with both orders or if I wanted to try the macaroni salad with one of them instead. How many owners would do that? Most would just let you eat the two sides of fries. The macaroni salad is a fairly new item on the menu, mayo with chopped green bell peppers and mac noodles, I think. How good was it? Fantastic. I'm ordering an extra side dish of it next time.

Glen, as always, finds the time to chitchat a bit and ask how everything was with the meal. A genial and affable host. Would be a loss if he sold the place but understand his reasons for doing so. Hope he's able to find more time to enjoy Thailand.

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » August 16, 2008, 5:46 pm

Thank You Polehawk,
Happy to hear that everything was to your satisfaction. I'll make sure that I have plenty of macaroni salad next time you come in.
Kindest Regards, Glen
Regards, Glen

docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by docta » August 16, 2008, 7:39 pm

Sawitta and I also stopped by Nong's yesterday to try the Chicken Parma, it was delicious, as well.
Glen is the perfect host, a really nice and genuine guy.
Wish there were more like him, the world would be a better place, for sure.
Our best to you, Glen.
R/Doc

Glen3
udonmap.com

Re: Nong's Ribs - New Restaurant

Post by Glen3 » September 6, 2008, 9:45 pm

Reopening......

Hello everyone. As you have probably noticed, Nong's has been closed for about a week. This was to get the new management ready for their grand reopening. Nong's will be open starting Tuesday 9 Sept. I am in the US taking care of some very important business, but the new manager will treat you with the same high quality and attention that I always strived for. Stop in and give them a try. I guarantee the ribs will be the same quality as they have always been, if not better.

Thank You, Glen :fryingpan:
Regards, Glen

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » September 7, 2008, 7:28 am

So who is the management???? Glen, did you sell the place??? To many questions to ask, oh well. When you coming back, Glen??? Try and bring my a Papa John's Pizza, with everything on it, extra cheese too. :-" :-"

Pop's :pirate:

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » September 7, 2008, 11:34 am

Answer to the first question is: No I did not sell Nong's. The new manager is my girlfriend Noy, and the chef is Nung, he was my chef about a month ago. He knows how to prepare all of the food so you can expect the same great quality

While training the new management I insisted on good, fast service, at the same great prices.

My mother died and I had to go back to the US to take care of inheritance, etc. I will be back in Udon Thani as soon as everything is taken care of.

I hope that all of my great customers will give the new management a try and please let me know if you have a good experience, or you are not happy with something. I will always be there in heart even though I cannot be there physically.

Believe me, I have only been in the US for one day and I really miss Thailand.

Kindest Regards, Glen
Regards, Glen

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » September 7, 2008, 1:35 pm

Glen I am sorry to read about the loss of your Mom please accept my condolences your friend
Ron/Jun

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » September 7, 2008, 2:59 pm

Glen3 wrote:Answer to the first question is: No I did not sell Nong's. The new manager is my girlfriend Noy, and the chef is Nung, he was my chef about a month ago. He knows how to prepare all of the food so you can expect the same great quality

While training the new management I insisted on good, fast service, at the same great prices.

My mother died and I had to go back to the US to take care of inheritance, etc. I will be back in Udon Thani as soon as everything is taken care of.

I hope that all of my great customers will give the new management a try and please let me know if you have a good experience, or you are not happy with something. I will always be there in heart even though I cannot be there physically.

Believe me, I have only been in the US for one day and I really miss Thailand.

Kindest Regards, Glen
glen al the best mate.

catch up soon mate when you get back.

Will Power
udonmap.com

Post by Will Power » September 11, 2008, 4:59 pm

Sorry about your loss glen.
Glad to hear you have reopened and will be in nongs next week when the lads fly in.

Must try this macaroni.

Cheers

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » September 15, 2008, 3:06 am

I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words about my lose. I am not sure what the status of Nong's is currently, so you may want to call first. You can contact Noi on my business phone at 083-359-8301. A farang by the name of Dennis and his wife Ploi were going to manage the restaurant while I am out of town, but like I said, I'm not sure if this is all in place yet or not. I should know this coming week when I will be able to return to the land of smiles. I really miss Thailand.
Regards, Glen

Skippy
udonmap.com

Post by Skippy » September 15, 2008, 12:32 pm

Wanted to try the famous Nongs ribs so got the MRS to drive over that side of town - after having a "discussion" :fryingpan: that there was a Thai resturant the same!! closer to where we are staying only to see the place was darker than a graveyard... :oops:

please post when you are up and running again

_ Skippy

ps sorry for your loss

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » September 15, 2008, 4:41 pm

Glen3 wrote:I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words about my lose. I am not sure what the status of Nong's is currently, so you may want to call first. You can contact Noi on my business phone at 083-359-8301. A farang by the name of Dennis and his wife Ploi were going to manage the restaurant while I am out of town, but like I said, I'm not sure if this is all in place yet or not. I should know this coming week when I will be able to return to the land of smiles. I really miss Thailand.
i thought you said that noi was taken care of the place untill you get back

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » September 17, 2008, 6:26 am

Yes I did say that Noi was going to keep it open, but it appears that she has bitten off more than she can chew. The restaurant is still for sale and tourist season is coming soon, which makes it a good time to buy, if anyone is interested. you can make a private post to me, or make it a public auction, starting at 400,000 baht. I am trying to get everything together here i the US, but I cannot be in 2 places at 1 time. I would really like to see Nong's succeed. Please let me know if you are interested.
Regards, Glen

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”