Recording Studio in Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
Glen3
udonmap.com

Recording Studio in Udon

Post by Glen3 » November 12, 2008, 1:32 pm

Something new in Udon Thani! A Recording Studio! If you have a band or just want to make professional multi track recordings you now have the opportunity. I have included some links below so that you can hear some of my previous work. The song “Garden Party” I recorded several years ago while in the states. I did three vocal tracks and one guitar track on this song. The song “Dream” I also did several years ago. I did three vocal tracks and the music is midi files. You’ll be surprised how good midi can sound after some modifications. The song “Everybody Hurts II” was recorded here in Udon Thani a couple of days ago. I am playing guitar and the background music is also midi files. This is a .wav file so it is rather large. I am waiting for someone to add the vocal track.

File Sizes:
Garden Party 3.5Mb
Dream 2.2Mb
Everybody Hurts II 13.4Mb

http://www.4shared.com/file/70901625/82 ... Party.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/70901049/d9 ... Dream.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/70890447/47 ... ts_II.html

Regards, Glen

woody
udonmap.com

Re: Recording Studio in Udon

Post by woody » November 13, 2008, 3:57 am

some info on what the studio offers?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 13, 2008, 7:47 am

Oh my god. A singing barman, reggae in Aussie pub, times must be hard. Whats next a quartet in the barber shop. :lol: :lol: :lol: No offence Glen but it doesn't auger well for a quite pint in Udon anymore. :(

konstabel els
udonmap.com

Post by konstabel els » November 13, 2008, 8:36 am

do ' ston' enge

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » November 13, 2008, 1:38 pm

What the studio offers:
You can start out with just you and your guitar, or like my customer today is bringing karaoke recordings with him and will play his Strat guitar on a seperate track. Later these tracks will be mixed down into a sterio track to be burned to a CD.
You can do what is called over-dubbing, which means you can lay down a vocal track and lay down multiple other tracks like background vocals, guitar, bass, keyboards etc. I have an electric acoustic guitar, one high quality microphone, a mixing panel capable of up to ten inputs and of course the software package. If you have a band and would like live recordings I can also do that. For live recordings I would come to you instead of setting up a band here.
What you will end up with is a high quality CD, and all of the files to make multiple copies.
I was debating on charging by the song or by the hour, and decided that I would have to charge by the hour because a well seasoned musician can lay down a track in one take while less seasoned musicians could take hours or even days to get exactly what they want.
I've been doing this for years and it is still allot of fun for me.
Regards, Glen

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 13, 2008, 4:36 pm

Well if i was a musician/singer in dusty Udon this would be a great opportunity, obviously it won't interest non-musicians like trubit...although he has the bow tie and suit that would be fitting for a pub singer in the mid 70's...maybe add a straw boater hat and you have 1 quarter of the barber shop quartet he mentioned. lol

And Glen is was expecting the 'Garden Party' to be a similar version done by Mezzoforte...but it was something very much the opposite, keep on plucking them strings. :guitar:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » November 13, 2008, 5:37 pm

Have you got a drum kit Glen?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 13, 2008, 7:33 pm

beer monkey wrote:Well if i was a musician/singer in dusty Udon this would be a great opportunity, obviously it won't interest non-musicians like trubit...although he has the bow tie and suit that would be fitting for a pub singer in the mid 70's...maybe add a straw boater hat and you have 1 quarter of the barber shop quartet he mentioned. lo

Initially I wondered how you would know what a pub singer would wear in the 70's, as you would have still been in diapers, but then I remembered you are an expert on the internet so I guess you googled it.

And Glen is was expecting the 'Garden Party' to be a similar version done by Mezzoforte...but it was something very much the opposite, keep on plucking them strings. :guitar:
Is, was , sounds like your in a tis,was. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 14, 2008, 6:14 am

Think you need to get a grip of using the quotes system Val......your 'Humourous' reply(circled off in Blue) is in with my post, so it didn't quite work out how you planned it ehh. #-o ....so who is it that is in a tis was.. :lol: ....and how do i know what a pub singer would look like in the seventies....well sure you seen TV series made or based in the 70's just like i have...also it makes a good comedy sketch in todays world.
no need to google something simple like that. Image

----------------------------------------

And apologies to Glen for wandering off on your topic...
Can You Dig It Dug.?

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » November 14, 2008, 10:10 am

Went there last night.
A nice little set up. Glen is a very amiable character and although he has mentioned a small charge for the facilties it is very minmal and certainly won't break the bank.
There are no drums so if you do not have drum kit then he can programme a suitable drum machine.
Most musicians have their own equipment and although he has an excellent little mixer I always think that most guys like to use their own instruments which can be fed and mixed by Glen.
I enjoyed the evening and would recommend it.
I had a pleasant evening and hope to go again soon

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 14, 2008, 11:33 am

beer monkey wrote:Think you need to get a grip of using the quotes system Val......your 'Humourous' reply(circled off in Blue) is in with my post, so it didn't quite work out how you planned it ehh. #-o ....so who is it that is in a tis was.. :lol: ....and how do i know what a pub singer would look like in the seventies....well sure you seen TV series made or based in the 70's just like i have...also it makes a good comedy sketch in todays world.
no need to google something simple like that. Image

Off topic I know but I learnt a long time ago that the secret of a successful manager was 90% delegation. I knew I could rely on you to make my point. Thank you Beer Monkey. :lol:

----------------------------------------

And apologies to Glen for wandering off on your topic...

Glen3
udonmap.com

Post by Glen3 » November 14, 2008, 12:53 pm

Thanks lepidoptra, I enjoyed having you over. As you mentioned I don't have a drum kit here, but I've heard some farang in Udon do. If anyone out there has a drum kit and would like to work with others, please post your interests here.
Regards, Glen

justin
udonmap.com

Post by justin » November 14, 2008, 3:20 pm

Glen,

This is from Neal Crenshaw, aka the Little Red Rooster. See string on "Reggae at the Aussie Bar".

Please call me at 083 356 8476.

Thanks,

Li'l Red

songlover

Recording Studio in Udon

Post by songlover » March 23, 2015, 6:37 pm

Hello! I am a top German speaking Voice Over actor and will spend some months in Udon Thani. I am looking for a professional voice only recording studio. Can anyone help? Thanks, www.christophschwegler.ch

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Recording Studio in Udon

Post by mortiboy » March 23, 2015, 11:29 pm

Dont think anything going on in that field in Udon
That was just a one off years ago
Mai mee tahng !

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”