Norway Bar, "the lost investment"?

General Udon Thani topics only!
Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Norway Bar, "the lost investment"?

Post by Galee » November 24, 2008, 9:27 am

Should do what i did to my ex-fiance in England. After she dumped me I arranged to meet her in a posh hotel where she would hand over a few non-valuable items that I had left in our house. Walked up to her a poured my beer over her head. Priceless.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » November 24, 2008, 9:38 am

gotta agree with stan , this guy takes naivity to a differant level, ive no sympathy whatsoever . especialy after he was warned to take things slowly .

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 24, 2008, 9:47 am

OK, - nice man, but gullible!

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » November 24, 2008, 9:52 am

i think i would have a chit chat with the gal that introduced them to each other, wonder what her percentage was :yikes:

yes, he does take stupid to new level. i did the same, married in less than 2 monts, but no monetary committment and if changed mind, just not return to thailand, seemed simple enough, as only second visit here and still undecided where to retire.

i'm guessing, if he persued it, he could win in civil and criminal court, as do you think she ever got divorced from canadian, doubtful, so obvious fraud, each occurance is 2 yrs in jail. could probably win a judgement in civil, but collecting would be another matter. at best, get agreement to pay on paper, on payments, then if possible, jailed for contempt of court for non payment....................though all that would cost and way too much time. a thai would handle it differently, cheaper, a bit dearer consequences, and a 'permanent' solution.....................and nobody would care.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 24, 2008, 10:46 am

laphanphon wrote:i think i would have a chit chat with the gal that introduced them to each other, wonder what her percentage was :yikes:

yes, he does take stupid to new level. i did the same, married in less than 2 monts, but no monetary committment and if changed mind, just not return to thailand, seemed simple enough, as only second visit here and still undecided where to retire.

i'm guessing, if he persued it, he could win in civil and criminal court, as do you think she ever got divorced from canadian, doubtful, so obvious fraud, each occurance is 2 yrs in jail. could probably win a judgement in civil, but collecting would be another matter. at best, get agreement to pay on paper, on payments, then if possible, jailed for contempt of court for non payment....................though all that would cost and way too much time. a thai would handle it differently, cheaper, a bit dearer consequences, and a 'permanent' solution.....................and nobody would care.
Screw that I would take care of it the Thai way :fryingpan: 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 24, 2008, 4:47 pm

He was very naive and extremely wet behind the ears, and because he was probably getting plenty of 'action'..which he might not of had for a long time he was blinded by the light(and the I Lub You's)...he was warned by his pal, but choose to think and act by himself..a dangerous combination for the first timer in Thailand looking for 'love', they must stick out like a sore thumb to the 'vultures' that are out there, still feel sorry for the geezer...wonder what he is hurting more over loosing his 'wonderful' new wife ,or loosing 800000baht (probably a lot more too) and what about the (false) thai smile that he probably read so much about thinking it was a good sign.
How could he plot some return fire..Mmmm well getting his mate to post on here complete with photo is a good start, and going to the bar asking for Norway man and not ordering is a good one too, will she be ...Nahhh probably not well its not her cash she will be loosing is it, sure she is looking out for a new target as we post.

Maybe he will join our forum, would like to hear more from him phitoo.

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » November 24, 2008, 4:55 pm

If he has time he could set up a sting, perhaps shaw taylor could get involved. :D

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » November 24, 2008, 6:48 pm

he was given a picture and telephon number in july ,from a thai lady (friend of this lady)who works in an restaurant and living in Germany, where he also has been working in the last 6years.
According to the poster, this is where he got the contact. He may want to have a chat with the Thai lady living in Germany.

Agreed he was gullible, didn't listen to his friend, or go slowly or prudently, but that doesn't justify the action of the female in question (note I didn't say lady). Whether he was stupid or not, that doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him; and out of a feeling of justice and fairness I certainly don't propose to give that bar my custom. :wave:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » November 24, 2008, 7:00 pm

I think withdrawing your custom is a good idea arjay, if it changes anything for the good i'm not so sure.
Not a bad idea though

Phitoo

Post by Phitoo » November 24, 2008, 10:55 pm

laphanphon wrote:
Oh, nice man" and just walk out again
I really like that idea. what's his first name, so we can drop that on her, then walk out.
The " bar owners" :^o name is ERIC

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » November 24, 2008, 11:08 pm

beer monkey wrote:Maybe he will join our forum, would like to hear more from him phitoo.
Good idea, valuable lessons can be learnt from a chap who's been burnt by such a lady. This story is also now archived on this forum and can be resurrected again should the lady attempt a similar scam. It's important to learn from Phitoo's friend and not judge him (not that anyone has yet).

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » November 24, 2008, 11:41 pm

Easy to criticise from the comfort of a chair. We are not in his position and we know how things are here but at the time he did not and the only thing he did wrong was trust. Something that is very easy to do when you see a sweet smile... It is hard to believe that behind the sweet smile could lurk a scheming con artist.

The Elvis (Joe South) song goes:
If I could be you, if you could be me
For just one hour, if we could find a way
To get inside each other's mind
If you could see you through my eyes
Instead your own ego I believe you'd be
I believe you'd be surprised to see
That you've been blind

Walk a mile in my shoes
just walk a mile in my shoes
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Then walk a mile in my shoes

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 24, 2008, 11:44 pm

Phitoo wrote:
laphanphon wrote:
Oh, nice man" and just walk out again
I really like that idea. what's his first name, so we can drop that on her, then walk out.
The " bar owners" :^o name is ERIC

Get Erik to join us phitoo.
And doe's he know his story in on here..?

Phitoo

Post by Phitoo » November 25, 2008, 1:01 am

arjay wrote:
he was given a picture and telephon number in july ,from a thai lady (friend of this lady)who works in an restaurant and living in Germany, where he also has been working in the last 6years.
According to the poster, this is where he got the contact. He may want to have a chat with the Thai lady living in Germany.

Agreed he was gullible, didn't listen to his friend, or go slowly or prudently, but that doesn't justify the action of the female in question (note I didn't say lady). Whether he was stupid or not, that doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him; and out of a feeling of justice and fairness I certainly don't propose to give that bar my custom. :wave:
My friend have been in contact with this german lady twice after his return ,and last week she explained for him that she really don't know this lady at all,and that It was her sister living in Udon, who recommend this lady ,even she either didn't know nothing about her , because of that they only have met in the neighborhood,and what I belive was a afternon-school ,and where they had been talking about have a foreigner to take care for them,and this sister already have met one man,and so "most kindly " give my friend for her.

When my friend went to Udon for the first time,I tell him to take care and dont belive in everything told,because of my own experience with sick buffalos,brothers who need a operation in the hospital without money etc etc. but in this case it was really something else ,and IT knocked him out .

This lady thrully took his hand and told him after some days that "this german thailady and her sister "who had recommend her for him,was "mafia" and the two of them wanted 50% from everything she could get out of him,
but "as a honestly and good hearted woman who had really felled in love with him ",SHE told him that she wanted to get out of this" mafia conspiration" and suggest to change telephonnumber to get rid of any contact with this 2 NO GOOD LADIES ,and so they did.

Now the germanwoking and her sister is very concerned about his welfare ,and is very sorry for that he closed his telephone,because when they really understand what this lady was alike ,they couldnt take contact and warn him .
What can i do ? - :mrgreen: :fryingpan:

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » November 25, 2008, 1:07 am

Do you think someone can sell this as a good soap opera. It seems like the more reply's put on here the more the story goes. :D

Guess I am a bit cynical. :shock: :shock:

Phitoo

Post by Phitoo » November 25, 2008, 1:08 am

beer monkey wrote:

Get Erik to join us phitoo.
And doe's he know his story in on here..?
Yes he know ,and he is reading in here on his new pc all day ,who I also hope he will understand after some time pratice :D

astrid
udonmap.com

Post by astrid » November 25, 2008, 1:49 am

I do think something is not right with this
story :yikes:

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » November 25, 2008, 3:16 am

It's getting a bit yeah but no but yeah but, cos anyway . Vicky Pollard.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 26, 2008, 12:06 pm

Well the bar is still open - drove past last night about 10.30.
Didn't stop, just glanced in - zero customers. But I don't think anywhere is especially busy last night, apart from those hosting pool that is...

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 26, 2008, 12:18 pm

Rumour in town (from 2 seperate sources) is that the 800k was really 400k.

Only hearsay, can't confirm one way or the other.

Anyone on good enough terms with Pla/Jerome to find out what they know about this lady?
She must have had some sort of contact with them before buying the bar. :-k

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”