Driving (car) lessons

General Udon Thani topics only!
Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Driving (car) lessons

Post by Ray.Charles » November 28, 2008, 7:22 pm

Can anyone recommend a school for my lady-Thai? We live a couple Kms west outside the Ring Road.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Driving (car) lessons

Post by beer monkey » November 28, 2008, 7:27 pm

Not a recommendation just providing a link..

Driving school link

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 28, 2008, 8:22 pm

The question I have for you is:do you think your wife is capable of driving now?

My wife will probably never be a driver,just one of those people,but she now has a drivers license courtesy of the driving school!I am 100-% sure that should could never pass a physical driving test and she didn't have to to get the license because if the school passes you,the land transport automaticall grants your license!

I spent probably 400 manhours with her ,trying to teach her and finally gave up!Yes,I know that it is difficult to teach ones wife,but I spent enough time with her to come to the conclusion that she is an accident waiting to happen if she drives in public!

After the school,she actually drove worse,forgetting to signal or even look for traffic before making turns etc.etc.with,still,no parking or backing up skills,but 4000 baht later she has a license!

As far as I am concerned,although the people are very nice,it is just a license factory in colusion with the Land Transport office!

If you think she just needs a little refinement ,it might work,I don't know!At least it is safer because they have dual braking systems on their cars!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 29, 2008, 8:52 am

Ray, on Wattana Nunwong Road, going out of town. Just past first set of traffic lights (where Downunder Bar/Molly Mallones used to be) on your right hand side. You will see a sign (it is in Thai) advertising driving lessons at the front of a house.
Very professional & teaches to a good standard - even things like reverse parking. :D

steadyjohn
udonmap.com

Post by steadyjohn » November 29, 2008, 8:23 pm

BobHelm wrote:Ray, on Wattana Nunwong Road, going out of town. Just past first set of traffic lights (where Downunder Bar/Molly Mallones used to be) on your right hand side. You will see a sign (it is in Thai) advertising driving lessons at the front of a house.
Very professional & teaches to a good standard - even things like reverse parking. :D
Hi Ray,

Believe it or not................but I actually took lessons last March with this school Bob is talking about
They told me I was the first farang they ever thought
It is owned by a nice couple......both of them can speak English

I learned to drive in on the UD Center site and then out on the roads
We did alot of reversing and parallel parking.......everything you need to pass the Thai driving test

Tell your wife good luck with the driving

Johnny :D

Ray.Charles
udonmap.com

Post by Ray.Charles » November 30, 2008, 1:36 pm

We will try the one Bob Helm mentioned. My lady-Thai is very steady and defensive in moped riding- a good attitude on the road; will wait to see how that comes over to car driving. I am new to Udon; can someone give us a telephone # to call where we can get directions the school.
A little premature--but, after she gets the licence where are the roads to practice. Don't worry; for your safety, I will post the times when she will be driving.

d p meijer
udonmap.com

Post by d p meijer » November 30, 2008, 4:18 pm

my wife took 12 lessons last year. before she never drove a car. after twelve lessons she passed her exam and is a good driver. ok, she is no hamilton, but drives carefully.
i can recommend this school.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 30, 2008, 5:10 pm

Ray.Charles wrote:We will try the one Bob Helm mentioned. My lady-Thai is very steady and defensive in moped riding- a good attitude on the road; will wait to see how that comes over to car driving. I am new to Udon; can someone give us a telephone # to call where we can get directions the school.
A little premature--but, after she gets the licence where are the roads to practice. Don't worry; for your safety, I will post the times when she will be driving.

My daughters school is located next door, if you don't get answer today I'll post the number tomorrow after I drop off the kid.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 3, 2008, 11:26 am

FYI,

Here's the numbers to the driving school: 042-245476 or 087-235-7477

woody
udonmap.com

Post by woody » December 4, 2008, 7:19 am

they have a test circuit at U TURN on the road to kon khaen (sp)

about 15 ks out of the city centre

for license testing

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”