Jan Condotel - Udon Thani

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
jepp
udonmap.com

Re: Jan Condotel - Udon Thani

Post by jepp » January 29, 2009, 9:37 am

January 27th quoted for monthly stay:-
"Rate room for 1 month 10000 bath not include electricity,water.
Rate room for 2 month 7500 bath not include electricity,water."
Free clean your room once week.
Adding on electricity,water costs is something I'm not used to and would worry me!

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » January 29, 2009, 9:48 am

Jepp, there's reason to be worried but this is not an uncommon practice in condos. The problem is, if the cost of electric is (for instance) 5 baht per watt/hour at the source, the condos may charge you 7-10 baht per watt/hour on your bill. Had this happen to me when I rented a condo in Jomtien in 05. They are likely to take the same advantages of their customers on the water. [-X [-X

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » January 29, 2009, 10:04 am

Pak is correct it happening to me were I rent my electric bill is much higher than it would be if
I was billed by the company directly as well as my water bill but all in all I am comfortable were I live and that the most important issue

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 29, 2009, 10:12 am

As Paka says this is not an uncommon practice even in hotels in Udon if you are staying long term.
Your choice - you can have an all in room rate, or a rate (considerably lower) excluding water & electric (&, in certain places excluding things like fridge & TV - you provide your own).
For example, when I was staying at the Top Mansion I was paying something like 9,800 a month "all in". A friend of mine was paying 3,500 but supplied his own TV & fridge & paid for water & electric separately.
Ignoring the initial capital costs the most expensive recurring item in running the room is electricity to run the A/C. Guests will often run 24/7 as they are not paying anymore if they do. Hence this option, it is win/win as long as you are frugal with the A/C & depending on the rate they are charging for electric.
There will be a meter attached to the room (well 2, 1 water, 1 electric). As long as you ascertain what they are charging per unit (& Paka has given you good advice above) then you can read the meter yourself & ensure all is 'above ground'.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 29, 2009, 11:34 am

tip, before renting room, look at room you will rent, trip the room breaker, and make sure the meter has stopped spinning, as if spinning, you may be paying for hall or outside lighting. :D

when looking for an apartment, was quoted various rates as mentioned. if owning your meter at house, ttl unit price is rarely over 4 baht, so based on that, 5-7 would be fair add on, above that or on the way to 10 or more baht, and suggest you move on. water should be less than 100-200 baht a month, never more. we use 26000 liter at house, family of 3, lots of waste, 375 baht max.

then the is the hassle, possible scam of getting deposit back, if only for one month, i personal would avoid all that and simply go all inclusive rate, clean room and piece of mind. at time, top mansion was 4000 pay as you go, or 8000 all inclusive, figured the electric would add 2000 anyway, and without any other knowledge would just go all inclusive. no matter what you decide, negotiate a stay that you pay for one week, if stay the full month, it reverts to monthly rate, this way after a week, if decide not for you, you are not stuck there, as a friend had found out at one place and lost the rest of prepayment, and decided to rent elsewhere anyway.

Jackey

Post by Jackey » March 7, 2010, 2:54 pm

Jan Condotel sounds nice to me.
Do they have rooms for smokers?

I am looking for hotels in Udon which permit smoking in their room.
Last year I stayed N.B.Hotel, I knew no smoking in the room after checking in.

Thanks in advance.

michaleo
udonmap.com

Post by michaleo » April 3, 2010, 10:11 am

I slept one night in the Jan condotel and I would just like to add one or two pictures to this thread. The hotel is a bit far away from the bars and so I would recommand it espeacely for families or people that don't like ramba - zamba.

In the first floor they rent familyrooms. Very interesting to study the thai way of taking care of the boys: by putting them in front of a computer or a TV.
OK, sorry, I don't want to generalise.

The room is OK and cost Baht 500.

There is a balcony and a big frigo.

The room is big enough, so you don't have the same feelings as when you were in jail. ;)

But a really beautiful baby you will not find next to your bedroom.

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”