Udon Map Friends

General Udon Thani topics only!
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Map Friends

Post by BKKSTAN » February 14, 2009, 7:43 am

Maybe this thread should be divided into 2 sepeerate threads,''Friends of Udon''(charity) and ''Udon Map friends''(site)!!

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 14, 2009, 8:22 am

Khun Paul wrote:Ah the dreaded Money box, I will say this, udon Friends or to put it more correctly Friends of Udon, was an attempt to set up a charity , so that we rich farangs could assist the needy in Udon.
However as the person who set this up was unwilling to formulate this charity into an accountable entity, so that we all knew the money donated was going to a specific charity I declined to serve it any more.
That is not to say the charity was NOT giving the money to a charity, just that is was not accountable to that end. So much money could have been given but without the correct set-up I was dubious. \Thats your answer. up to you.
Thankyou for your reply Paul and here it should end...
1. However as the person who set this up was unwilling to formulate this charity into an accountable entity... Wrong
2. So much money could have been given but without the correct set-up I was dubious... Wrong

The donation box has been withdrawn and is still unopened... our lawyer instructed this, the charity is a nats nadger away from being a real charity, however this does not stop us doing what we can and thorston spending his money. it was not an attempt to set up a charity, the very same lady is the one (I guess) that was paid originally and did nothing!!!
However we will get your apology when the charity is set up finally,,, Also we will happilly give you the bank account details so you can maybe put a few baht in... and we fully expect good exposure on the tv to let all the good people know the progress and that you are now supporting a real charity!!!!

Take care Paul and thanks for the reply..

bigwavedave
udonmap.com

Post by bigwavedave » February 14, 2009, 8:31 am

Khun Paul wrote:Ah the dreaded Money box, I will say this, udon Friends or to put it more correctly Friends of Udon, was an attempt to set up a charity , so that we rich farangs could assist the needy in Udon.
However as the person who set this up was unwilling to formulate this charity into an accountable entity, so that we all knew the money donated was going to a specific charity I declined to serve it any more.
That is not to say the charity was NOT giving the money to a charity, just that is was not accountable to that end. So much money could have been given but without the correct set-up I was dubious. \Thats your answer. up to you.
Thankyou for replying Khun Paul, and here it should end..
Thorsten has been willing to set up the charity from the beginning and has spent a lot of money on people being unwilling to get off their ass and make this happen, e.g. lawyers, so you ARE wrong there Paul.
It is not an attempt to set up a charity its happening and the bank details will follow very soon we hope,, Its complicated more by the "thorsten Shutz" foundation of Australia coming on board also the same in Germany...
You are welcome to come to the sunday meeting 6pm, where this week we will have the director of Nong Wua Saw hospital, The new headmaster of the Disabled school and the chief medical officer from Ban Phue, hopefully the obetor also!! so we are out there daily chipping away... Please look at the website http://www.friendsofudon.com and please come on board when you are satisfied with the eventual (very soon) set up...
any further comments should now be put on the topic "Friends of Udon" to allow thisd original hijacked one to run its course.

Thankyou again Khun Paul

Regards Dave

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » February 14, 2009, 8:35 am

The charity is a signature away from being made real
with this statement, posted after khun paul's post, it is hard to fault KP post, as obviously accurate. oh God, am i actually doing this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: well, anyway, looking at their website, thorston and crew seem to be doing an excellent job. obviously all the help is a very good thing and hats off to all involved. =D> =D> =D> =D> as myself, many are skeptical when solicited of charities, as very few are what i would consider real charities and not just money makers. it looks as though 'friend of udon' is doing some nice work, and hopefully more funds will filter in when the signature finalizes their 'legality', sad we have to think like that, when people are trying to help people.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » February 14, 2009, 9:21 am

As noble a cause as charities are and those who do charity work are, it is a case that they hijacked this thread from the Original Post, which for those who may have forgotten was about:-
old-timer wrote:A few years ago i joined udon map friends and the list of people regularly e mailed to me, who wanted to be my friend, were gay boys - is it still like that?
. As Stan says
Maybe this thread should be divided into 2 sepeerate threads,''Friends of Udon''(charity) and ''Udon Map friends''(site)!!
Agreed it should have been, though if posters kept to topic it wouldn't be needed, and threads would be straight forward to follow!!

So can we say no more on this thread about the charity matters. If you want to, then please start an appropriately titled new topic!! In fact as the original topic has clearly run it's course, I will lock this.

By the way, did I tell you, I had a dream the other night, - that all threads kept to their original topic......... But then I knew it must be a dream! ;)

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”