AEK Udon Apartments

Get advice on hotels, guest houses, rentals and house sales in Udon Thani.
AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Re: AEK Udon Apartments

Post by AussieBoy » April 25, 2009, 10:13 am

No pool, but there is undercover parking, it s the closest cleanest cheapest cosiest bestest room in udon, never found anthing better, dont forget you have to pay for water / electric, about B1000 a month extra, depends on how much you use, I looked at all the other rooms appartments hotels motels condos, flats room share, tents, caravan parks abodes tee pees homes houses huts sheds any for the price and distance to the Complex nothing comes close to it, plus 24 hour security guards down stairs

Its the pick of the bunch

Have a nice day

Kally

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » April 25, 2009, 10:36 am

never stayed there myself, but a good friend uses them as a base when in udon. safe, clean, quiet, fair price. checked them out along with others when thinking about moving, the best of the lot. walking distance to most things.

bonzaroony

Post by bonzaroony » April 26, 2009, 11:08 am

thanks for the input chaps,well that sounds good enough to me,I am there,cool. 8)

Recoil111

Post by Recoil111 » May 6, 2009, 1:53 am

Hello! I am new to the forum and thats my first post. :oops:

Does someone of you knows the difference between the super deluxe room and the executive room? There are no pictures of these rooms provided on their website.

I ask them already via email but didnt get an answer yet.

Do i have to pay a deposit when i want to rent a room there?

Thanks!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 6, 2009, 11:02 am

Just asked the boss. She use to work there.

Executive room is much bigger, with table, chairs and sofa with big bathroom and has larger balcony. There are only 4 executive rooms. 1 on each floor.

Deluxe, basically everything is smaller with no sofa.

DRILLER
udonmap.com

Post by DRILLER » July 28, 2009, 11:53 am

from my experiences in staying at apartment buildings with 'security guards', is that secrets are never kept.... :nosey: :nosey: :nosey:

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » July 28, 2009, 5:57 pm

Maybe okay if you are only going to sleep there. Does not seem like a good place to hang out and party. The environmet there is just too orderly and sterile for me. No bar or restaurant. Okay to bring a girl there? For a month, I'd rather be in the thick of it.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 28, 2009, 6:11 pm

tutone wrote:Maybe okay if you are only going to sleep there. Does not seem like a good place to hang out and party. The environmet there is just too orderly and sterile for me. No bar or restaurant. Okay to bring a girl there? For a month, I'd rather be in the thick of it.
I must admit this does sound rather a strange comment(s) tutone. AEK are offering Apartments - i.e. a place to sleep. maybe watch some television etc. They are not a bar, neither are they restaurant & do not claim to be - neither is Top Mansion come to that...
What you do in your room (& who you take to it) is completely your concern (& no one else'e) unless you are engaging in some illegal act - the same as anywhere else to sleep in Udon. There are some excellent Thai restaurants just across the road. Yellow Bird disco is just up the street, UD Town will soon be open directly across the road - the tented version of it already is......

What springs to my mind is that supplier of excellence in the Internet Cafe World (Cliff) advertising his Pop Pop shop on here & someone commenting 'Well I guess it was OK as an Internet Cafe, but it was a bloody useless Pet Shop".

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 28, 2009, 6:23 pm

tutone wrote:Maybe okay if you are only going to sleep there. Does not seem like a good place to hang out and party. The environmet there is just too orderly and sterile for me. No bar or restaurant. Okay to bring a girl there? For a month, I'd rather be in the thick of it.
There is a restaurant on the 4th floor of the hospital even if it does scarily remind me of my old work canteen.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 28, 2009, 7:14 pm

Not bad for a hospital cafeteria. American-style breakfast with real OJ for about 100 baht. Sometimes they have a tasty slice of pumpkin pie to offer. After an all night fast for blood tests it's all delicious IMO. =P~

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » July 29, 2009, 12:05 am

polehawk wrote:Not bad for a hospital cafeteria. American-style breakfast with real OJ for about 100 baht. Sometimes they have a tasty slice of pumpkin pie to offer. After an all night fast for blood tests it's all delicious IMO. =P~
100 Baht for OJ! Well, after a night of fasting, I guess I would be willing to pay even more. :D

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 29, 2009, 12:18 am

It is 110 Baht for the American breakfast now to be exact and agreed it is most welcome after the dreaded fasting and handy to just jump in the lift or elevator if you prefer to go to 4th floor for some much needed nosh and it is number 1 on the menu so don't even have to bother reading or turning pages. :mrgreen:

plien
udonmap.com

Post by plien » July 29, 2009, 2:15 am

What I find interesting when it comes to renting apartments is how much they charge for electricity. AEK seems like a nice place but how much do they charge per unit? Anyone know? Bob? Think the normal rate is 4 Bt per unit. Stand corrected... But Ive seen places charge as much as 14 Bt per unit. [-X No, not talking about water here. If I stay short time, which for me would be 3 - 4 months, I can deal with 5, maybe 6 Bt per unit. Above that Id try and talk with the management to get it down to a decent level. If they wont budge on this one I would do some more footwork.
Plien

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » July 29, 2009, 2:39 am

5 Baht per electricity unit, water 50-100 Baht per month.

plien
udonmap.com

Post by plien » July 29, 2009, 2:55 am

So AEK charge 5 Bt per unit? Then it will definitely be my first stop when looking for a place to stay in Udon. Thank you Alan. Plien

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » July 29, 2009, 7:00 am

I'm coming for A week in December.ya think they'll rent me A room for A week

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 29, 2009, 9:18 am

They may not be interested in a short term rental unless business is slow and/or they have a slot available between longer term rentals.

I've only ever seen AEK quote monthly and quarterly rates and they were based on a standard AEK contract period of three months - special offers and discounts are sometimes available but usually only when paying three months in advance.

Things may have changed - you can always make an enquiry.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 29, 2009, 9:54 am

Plien,
I have just received my latest bill - so here it is in its' full glory.
I used 469 units of Electricity and for this I was charged 2.5833901918976545842217484008529 per unit !!
There is then an additional unit charge of 0.9255 baht per unit - making a total electricity charge of 1,645.67.
On this I am then charged VAT/Sales tax of 7% -115.20 baht
So my total electricity bill charge (including tax) is 1,760.87 for 469 units - so, 3.76 baht a unit. So if AEK are charging 5 baht a unit then I think that is a very fair price. A friend of mine lived in an apartment block not far from me & they were charging 7 baht a unit - nearly double actual price, which I thought was over the top.
I am still not being charged for water, but I am unsure what the actual condition of that was. Maybe AEK are charged (as a Commercial User) or maybe because of their high usage.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » July 29, 2009, 11:06 am

Bob, my wife informs me that if our water bill is under 200 baht per month the government pays it. Ours generally runs about 130-150 baht so we have never paid it (and the water is never shut off so I guess she's right). I suppose it's some sort of a government welfare program. She also says if the electric bill is under 200 they will pay that also. However, ours is always far above that. I suspect that this only applies to residences and would not apply to an apartment house, unless possibly they would do separate metering for each unit. Anyway you look at it, it's a bargain. My electricity bill in the US was routinely the equivalent of 10-14000 baht per month. Admittedly a much larger house with central AC, swimming pool, etc, but still a big difference.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 29, 2009, 1:05 pm

The water bill comes without a bar code on it jimbo - so is physically impossible to pay :D :D
Ah the cut off is 200 baht is it, thanks...

Return to “Udon Thani Accommodation”