Missing property manager !!

General Udon Thani topics only!
Fawn
udonmap.com

Re: Missing property manager !!

Post by Fawn » September 27, 2009, 2:56 pm

BobHelm wrote:Historical fact: criminals from UK have always been happy to go abroad to seek pastures anew. Either by assisted passage (Australia) or free Enterprise (China (opium wars), India (East India Company)) and many,may more.... :D
Ah, so you're implying that the Empire was founded on Blitish criminal dealings overseas and our friends, Jardine and Matheson, were little more than drug dealers, reinforced by the Royal Navy. Can the same be said of the subjects of this thread? They are, after all, Blitish entrepreneurs in the Far East...or are they alleged common criminals from the Fens?

Doug! Doug! Doug!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 27, 2009, 3:10 pm

As I said before Fawn :D :D
Nothing of a criminal nature proved against either gentleman. It could all be misunderstandings created by emergency situations. If I needed life saving surgery in the UK then I am afraid my concern for keys & unpaid bills in Udon Thani might be the last thing on my mind also. However, I do believe that I would then wish to resolve these issues once the emergency had passed.
As others have said it is a pity that although Mr. Meadows has access to the internet he does not appear to wish to put his "house in order". This, I do believe, does reflect badly on him.
If Mr. Slade is in Bangkok & 'carefree' then that also reflects badly on him as well. To be a debtor and act in a cavalier manner can only cause distress to those he owes money to....

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 27, 2009, 5:10 pm

Regarding the Nation story about nawty farangs that come to Thailand to do Nawty Things.....

I remember the good old days when people used to come to Thailand for a Vacation.......
Can You Dig It Dug.?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » September 27, 2009, 7:04 pm

beer monkey wrote:Regarding the Nation story about nawty farangs that come to Thailand to do Nawty Things.....

I remember the good old days when people used to come to Thailand for a Vacation.......
And the girls. :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 27, 2009, 8:00 pm

Oooo Yeah the girls...

Anyway back on topic.....Ok Pop Pickers ...i Would like to dedicate this Tune to The Main-man, as without him and a set of house keys all this would not have been possible...........

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j-Tji1DueU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j-Tji1DueU&hl ... 2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j-Tji1DueU

I really do hope that this whole thing has a happy outcome for all and thats inc the G-man and the other bloke, and the full truth and facts be known...eventually.
Thanks.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 28, 2009, 12:54 am

BobHelm wrote:I Either by assisted passage (Australia) or free Enterprise (China (opium wars), India (East India Company)) and many,may more.... :D
Please explain about the E.I.C. and the Two Sino-Anglo Wars (your opium wars), and how they are connected to criminals. As far as I can understand the first Sino-Anglo began after British traders and a British diplomat (Elliot, the Chief Superintendent of Trade) were kept virtual prisoners by Ch'ing government representatives. This included men who traded opium and those who did not. The fact that a diplomatic representative of the British crown was imprisoned this way brought prestige and national honour into play. Elliot and Palmerston (the Foreign Secretary) did not oppose the opium ban of the Manchu Emperor.

The Second War was triggered when the Ch'ing navy intercepted a boat flying the British flag and arrested the crew in violation of the Treaty of Nanking. Proper protocol dictated that the Ch'ing notify the British authorities who would carry out the investigation and turn the boat and crew over to the Chinese if necessary. In addition, the Ch'ing government did not carry out the terms of the Treaty of Nanking by keeping the British, and other foreigners, out of Canton (Gwongchow).

Does your reference to the E.I.C. criminals include people like Clive, Dalhousie, Bentinck et al? Could you be more specific.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 28, 2009, 5:50 am

Am wondering what the original poster Nightsky is thinking right now after such an innocent first post and now 14 pages later. :-k
Thanks anyway for starting the thread,for me,all was fine here in Udon enjoying my retirement up to about a year ago in this farmers town,nice and relaxed.
And in this case,two business farang whose intentions are not to serve the farang community up here but take advantage. :mad:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 28, 2009, 6:23 am

Well, whatever the 'cause' of the missing keys and subsequent financial problems highlighted, it is all to the credit of Udonmap members to bring these problems to light. Otherwise there is the possibility that others may repeat the mistakes made by the unlucky debtors. If any injustice has been done to the 'accused', well, the internet and Udonmap allow them the opportunity to explain what happened. Until then, 'Caveat emptor' (let the buyer beware). certainly a wise saying in Thailand! The reccomendations of regular contributors are also very useful - i am sure many get good value from this.

I think when (if) i buy a place I will be very careful who holds my deposit money.....

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » September 28, 2009, 10:10 am

As one of the few on here that knows GM (my post Sept 1), I am 100% sure that every photo shown, is of GM, with the possible exception of the one with the big fish. Maybe thats just a Red Herring!
On other photos of GM there is a baby..a new sleeping partner?.......and a plaster, which might just be a cover up.
Cableguy007 is a good friend of mine, I have found him to be honest and trustworthy. He would not post facts on here, unless he was certain of their provenance.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2009, 10:40 am

Tilo here is not really the place to discuss aged English foreign policy.
If you wish to start a new thread discussing how the original inhabitants of anywhere were advantaged by having English settlers then I would be more than happy to contribute to it with my views... :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 28, 2009, 11:31 am

who holds my deposit money
better not to have deposit money, as in RE, all things are negotiable. bought a few houses in my time, and except for one time, never left a deposit, or as they say good faith money, as i was receiving nothing in return, except their word, so that is what they got from me, at settlement, give the money, as they give the title/deed. something i always scratched my head about.

i understand 'their' reasoning, as if the deal falls threw, especially if buyer breaches contract, then they have compensation, but if it falls threw and not the fault of the buyer, then sometimes the release of money back to buyer is slow or doesn't happen.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » September 28, 2009, 6:42 pm

Khun Bob Helm:

That's okay.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 28, 2009, 7:45 pm

http://www.propertyindex.com/514142

http://www.propertyindex.com/HS2611724/ ... esort/100/

http://www.propertyindex.com/www/holida ... &sld=False

Was browsing for a property in Patters and this popped up...Is this still up for grabs...Seems it's still up for sale....£145.000 for the whole shooting match ..even got a 'Gold' best buy emblem attached...sounds good if you got a spare 145k.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 28, 2009, 11:58 pm

beer monkey wrote:http://www.propertyindex.com/514142

http://www.propertyindex.com/HS2611724/ ... esort/100/

http://www.propertyindex.com/www/holida ... &sld=False

Was browsing for a property in Patters and this popped up...Is this still up for grabs...Seems it's still up for sale....£145.000 for the whole shooting match ..even got a 'Gold' best buy emblem attached...sounds good if you got a spare 145k.
Sounds not bad for the money,half to him half to the ex,his half to pay for legal fees.If I write out a cheque in sterling then is he available to bank it into the business name's bank account,presumably in the UK with a good trusted UK bank?
Why were the pictures not taken when the sun is shining,easily add another 10k sterling to the selling price 8)

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 29, 2009, 12:57 am

I ran out of time to edit my last post.................

Wanted to add,since googling the company gives a company number, registered in UK,how do I proceed to check with Companies House to verify that the company is still trading,should I be interested in leaving a deposit by cheque?
Also if he is unavailable,maybe there is a business partner that I could deal with that is linked to the business since it is not a sole trading business.

Anyways no change on the picture front of the facebook page of Gareth,is he under sedation now?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 29, 2009, 2:51 am

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/ce7d5 ... ompanyInfo

Here you go, I couldn't find Steven Slade Properties but you could do better if you have the company registration number.

Chawk dee der.....
Doug! Doug! Doug!

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » September 29, 2009, 3:18 am

oops... :oops: when google it gives the company number of the main website,not his company but thanks for the link.

So no way of knowing if I sent the company a cheque as to whether it would secure the property or be used just to pay off the creditors, if that were the case.

Anyways if I was interested,which local agent/office up here in Udon ,would I be able to pop into, to pick up the spare set of keys to view the property :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 29, 2009, 3:26 am

Yes i feel rather let down by the G-man not changing his pic again..... :( I did look forward to it, i thought they were great and gave me a chuckle....now i feel like the person who lost a set of keys.... I am going to crack open a cold one and contemplate how i can get over that 'let down' empty feeling that is burning with-in.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 29, 2009, 3:43 am

pompui wrote:So no way of knowing if I sent the company a cheque as to whether it would secure the property or be used just to pay off the creditors, if that were the case.
Is this property in Udon, Pattaya or Phuket?
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 29, 2009, 3:48 am

beer monkey wrote:...... I am going to crack open a cold one and contemplate how i can get over that 'let down' empty feeling that is burning with-in.
Open a coldy at 03:43 in the morning! If I have a burning within at that time of the day I just pat her on the arse and let nature take it's course. :-"
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”