Fantasy Football 2009/10

General sports news and discussions.
souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Re: Fantasy Football 2009/10

Post by souness » October 2, 2009, 3:34 pm

its chelsea v liverpool on sunday.will you guys still be keeping torres as captain?
i dont think the reds can play as badly again as they did against florientina and chelsea are there for the taking.
chelsea 1 (drogba) liverpool 3 (torres 2,gerrard).....remember you heard it here first ha,ha !

sean

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 3, 2009, 3:14 pm

In a moment of weakness I just played my WC. Wasn't serious, just playing about and experimenting. After 5 minutes had a squad that looked reasonable and for some unknown reason I pressed the WC button. :(
Now I've done it I regret doing it. :cry: :cry:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 3, 2009, 3:33 pm

LOL galee...can't wait to have a look in 2 hours time........

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » October 4, 2009, 5:28 am

I'm doing well overall so no complaints from me at the moment. Head to Head is difficult but enjoyable. :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2009, 12:03 pm

They are getting the "White" carpet ready at Shirkers Stadium for the visit of Mr Souness in a couple of weeks (well you didn't expect the carpet to be RED did you?). Please make sure them muddy scouse doc martins of yours are clean before you leave your coach!!.

Did anyone notice that the ave score (over 2million people) this week was 40, and those with Fabregas as captain got 44 for him alone ........ doesn't say too much for the others does it !!
FU League now down to 168,000 out of 180,000 ........ come on guys we can hit rock bottom if we try hard enough.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 6, 2009, 4:27 pm

stattointhailand wrote: FU League now down to 168,000 out of 180,000 ........ come on guys we can hit rock bottom if we try hard enough.
statto,
Are we not ranked so low because we didnt start till week 4 ??
This week my score was matched only by Bob,Ralph and 747man,three members who have being doing so badly that their team selection is likely to be taken over by arjay,trubrit and Cilla Black,respectively,in the near future ! :( :(

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 6, 2009, 5:15 pm

Wasn't it was only the Head to Head that started week 4.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 6, 2009, 7:02 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Wasn't it was only the Head to Head that started week 4.
Correct,the Head to Head is ranked 168000+ out of 180000.
BUT
The FU League is ranked 7000+ out of 180000.

So I would reckon from that the H2H is ranked poorly because its missed the first few weeks for the rankings and the FU is ranked quite highly because it has been going since day 1 and has some decent scores accumulated ? :-k
Maybe the 'Wildcard Maestro",Galee, would know ?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 6, 2009, 9:05 pm

All this talk of ranking has got me all ranked out, ..........Wild Card this coming gameweek anyone...?..... :mrgreen:

Whos feeling down...

Who Feels their team are Sh*%..

Who Feels Like Their Players are Getting Payed Toooo Much...but don't deliver...

Whos got players that have gone right off he boil.....

Who is kicking themselves for Captaining Rooney Last week....

sp12
udonmap.com

Post by sp12 » October 7, 2009, 8:21 am

Yes BM I can relate to what you are saying, I am still learning about the best way to approach this. I notice the more successful in the league last weekend all had a certain Arsenal player and most had him as captain. It illustrated how important he is to Arsenal where as the other big teams top players can go missing for a week and someone else will pop up and get big points (Benayoun, Kuyt for Liverpool, Giggs, Fletcher for Man Utd and Ballack for Chelsea). I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere!

Tom
Udon Dynamoes

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 7, 2009, 9:01 am

Have to admit i got lucky last week. Not having a suitable captain for last week and the temptation of getting the "big 3" in midfield finally convinced me to use the WC.
For the next 3 weeks i propose we have a new rule for the FU league. No one is allowed to transfer Fabregas into their team. Seems fair to me. :D
Despite a good week I was really pi**ed off with Birmingham. Thought i had made a great decision bringing Caldwell in, despite him not playing this season, was looking at 12 points from him and Jenson, when Brum scored with their only shot on target during the whole match in the 95th minute. :evil:
Also left Bent on the bench. Another mistake.

souness
udonmap.com
Location: helping in the search for irish allan.(kirkby,liverpool,uk)

Post by souness » October 7, 2009, 1:19 pm

stattointhailand wrote:They are getting the "White" carpet ready at Shirkers Stadium for the visit of Mr Souness in a couple of weeks (well you didn't expect the carpet to be RED did you?). Please make sure them muddy scouse doc martins of yours are clean before you leave your coach!!.

Did anyone notice that the ave score (over 2million people) this week was 40, and those with Fabregas as captain got 44 for him alone ........ doesn't say too much for the others does it !!
FU League now down to 168,000 out of 180,000 ........ come on guys we can hit rock bottom if we try hard enough.
statto lad youve lost the plot again its the h2h that is ranked 168000 not the fu.though quite a lot of us performed like rankers this weekend ha ha !
making fabregas captain was a brill desicion stephen as he got 44 out of your 62 points.robtaff doing very well at the top.but the highest score was galilees wife in the h2h.be honest galilee its her who is picking your two teams and you have been relegated to the ironing and cleaning ha ha!

sean

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 7, 2009, 3:41 pm

sp12 wrote:Yes BM I can relate to what you are saying, I am still learning about the best way to approach this. I notice the more successful in the league last weekend all had a certain Arsenal player and most had him as captain. It illustrated how important he is to Arsenal where as the other big teams top players can go missing for a week and someone else will pop up and get big points (Benayoun, Kuyt for Liverpool, Giggs, Fletcher for Man Utd and Ballack for Chelsea). I guess there is a lesson in there somewhere!

Tom
Udon Dynamoes
Ohh i think i know how to approach it everyweek...i make the decisions and am happy in the thought i know what i am doing.....then it turns to Sh*t rather quickly after kick offs.
Roy had a good pick i must say ..i looked at his team after deadline and he had some Dutch bloke in up front From Wolves Rip-van Hassledonk of Hessledump or something.....how i laughed when i see that one.......bagged a goal and a bonus point... [-(

But remember it is unlikely that Fabs will hit the spot again this week....just like The Girl Torres he bagged blinder a few weeks back...but 'FA' since.......anyway got to go as i need to do a transfer...

Only joking.....i am not a bandwagon type of guy.... :^o good move Galee on fabs...i choose Van Persil....which he did ok but I changed the Caps' armband at the last minute to Gooney.... :( i hate Man U at Times.....mind you Foster is History...don't trust him at all he ain't great imo.....not sure how he gets choosen for England... :?

Bent on the Bench...??? I Had Zayette as 3rd sub.....!!!

the useless Jimenez cricket has also be told to vacate the club he went off holding hands with Hangeland out of the gates into the pi$$ing rain and off to annoy someone else.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 7, 2009, 5:46 pm

I think I HAVE lost the plot ...... Jimenez ......cricket? Football? ...... I thought he was a bloomin' golfer :oops:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 7, 2009, 10:28 pm

Solly Statts......i was Talking about 'Jimenez' The Andalusian poet who was a prolific writer and the very same person that received the Nobel Prize in Literature back in 1956....and not the cricketer, Golfer or the Irish Wellington Wearing Comedian..... :mrgreen:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 8, 2009, 9:12 am

I'm sure the Irish Wellington wearing comedien was Jimmy knees O'Nobbly ...... famous for the one about Paddy and Mick reading headstones at the cemetry ......Paddy says bejezus Mick deres a guy here come all de way from London .....and he was 152 years old when he died ......... Mick says bloimy Paddy, what was his name? ..... Paddy says his name was Miles ........ Miles from London.

I'll get me coat .........

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » October 17, 2009, 8:42 am

:shock: Think its time for the old wild card :shock:
Rooney, Torres, Gerrard, Parnaby, Neville out, Kuyt doubtful and what with the other slackers making up the rest of the squad its not looking good :roll:
Even Ralph might beat me if I don't play the WC :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2009, 3:44 pm

Bloomin' typical ...... transferred Bonsingwa out yesterday coz he was injured, and suddenly a day later, not only has he miraculously recovered, but he's expected to start :evil:

You can expect at least one more injury before todays games ............ they are renowned for leaving a banana skin or two outside the away dressing room at shirkers stadium. :-$

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 17, 2009, 3:57 pm

I think lots have played the card this week....Its a Funny Old Game.. :lol:
Hoping for a good week, as i am well over due...you can never tell though.. :?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » October 17, 2009, 5:14 pm

Did a late transfer of Torres (out) for Anelka. Now have 3 Chelsea players suited up this week against Aston Villa in what could be a tough match. Will sink or swim with Chelsea this week. 8-[

Return to “World Sports”